Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranormal encounters

woodwosa

do Americans think things only happen to them??

everything i read is from America .

Australia is full of encounters of every descripsion

but it is easer to find American stories

our countries are very simpler

or do you just think you are chosen to see more things?

Edited by woodwosa

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woodwosa

• Please Explain

• Barek Halfhand

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

1 country of many others.

Umm this is an Internet Site so the entire world can log on here. Many are from other countries..Is that your only question or is there more?

Umm this is an Internet Site so the entire world can log on here. Many are from other countries..Is that your only question or is there more?

everything i read on the internet seems to be dominated by American!

Edited by woodwosa

Australians are the number one users of the internet.

there are many accounts of people having paranormal encounters all over the world not just America Africa has many stories of paranormal encounters as does Europe all you have to do is search ya may not always find it here but the internet is a great place to search around for what your looking for

Sorry not true on this site. We have people from all over the World..Just read some profiles..JN

Sorry not true on this site. We have people from all over the World..Just read some profiles..JN

i mean no disrespect but if you type paranormal even here in Australia

it will always be an American site .one of many many sites

i want info on Australia(and others)

i live here and its very difficult

i would not write this if i hadn't come across some difficulties

trying to find said sites

We have folks here from Australia, Scotland, Spain etc the list goes on. All we are doing is sharing our stories and they are not limited to the U.S. as there are paranormal accounts all over the World, no one is exempt no matter where we are from..We all share the same interest, thats the bottom line..JN

I don't really know why. Perhaps Americans are more likely to post their experiences on a forum than other countries? It could also be that in the last few years the paranormal suddenly became more acceptable, used to be people looked at you like you were insane if you mentioned ghosts. Has it been that way in your country, or has it always been pretty much acceptable?

I don't really know why. Perhaps Americans are more likely to post their experiences on a forum than other countries? It could also be that in the last few years the paranormal suddenly became more acceptable, used to be people looked at you like you were insane if you mentioned ghosts. Has it been that way in your country, or has it always been pretty much acceptable?

thank you, you understand my question

in my life time it has been accepted,but my farther introduced it to me (at very young age about 6 or 7 )

but there will always be people who will try and discredit.

i feel sorry for them,it must be very boring

i have known 1 american in my life but we never talked about ghosts or ufos

just food,(just as good)

in my life the paranormal is every day

it is hard to find a like minded person here

Edited by woodwosa

Strange I have noticed that many people just don't talk about what they consider strange or not right. Some times they have religious problems or reasons. In some places of this world admitting you have thees type of encounters can result in very bad things.

And others just don't talk about it, because they know that most people refuse to accept that there is a whole section of the universe that is ill defined at best.

They know to speak to them (others) about seeing objects move. Or hearing spirits or seeing ghost. Or any of the other things you will find accounts of on this sight and others around the web. is a wast of time. they will just close there minds and refuse to even look.

Some will even accuse the teller of any number of things from lying at the least to being posed by the forces of darkness them self.

I find most people simply chose not to deal with all that. others like those you will find on sights like this seek out kindred spirits to associate with.

I have seen postings from all around the world from many different country's.

the net is a interesting place but if you want to gather local stuff you are going to have to actually talk to people you know and go from there. Some times you can ask out right other times you may have to feel people out gain there trust before they will open up.

Have fun and try and learn all you can.

Oh and always take story's with a grain of salt so to speak but never be rude if you think they are just yanking your chain You can learn a lot about lier's by letting them lie. A few simple questions and then gage there response. if they get ticked off and don't care if you believe or not they usually are telling the truth or believe what they say is the truth as they see it.

hum i seam to have wandered off topic a bit. And typed more than I originally meant to.

As for like mined people there are more of us out hear than you may think.

if you want to have a good paranormal site, google "Yowie Hunters". its a really nice site, especially for australia stories, but also for others in the world. its based in australia.

:)

I think I have read more ghost stories from Japan than anywhere. But I do agree that in some countries it is still looked down upon to talk ghosts and demons and the ect. Look at Russia for example Seems like they have more exorcisms a day than most countries do in a year. But I also think that paranormal investigation is more frequent in the states than anywhere else. I mean you can actually get a degree in paranormal investigation here in most colleges.

I think the reason more americans post is just a combination of three facts. First, the US has the 3rd largest population in the world (4th if you count EU as one country), and if you are limiting yourself to the english speaking world.. well that population is just totally dominated by the US. Internet accessibility is pretty high across the US, and uncensored (US and Australia are about 70% internet penetration.. China is about 12% and India is about 4%). China for example might have a much larger population, but ability to communicate freely and get access to an internet connection isn't as sure. Third, I think the US (and other fairly typical 'western' countries) are more open to posting about personal experiences and things like blogs.

So while Australia might have the willingness, it population is so much smaller that just by sheer volume the US will be more prolific.

Edited by Nocturnal

Well I'm an Aussie, I can add a 'paranormal' encounter if you wanna hear it, though I personally believe it wasn't paranormal due to the fact that I have had anxiety disorders since I was young, which thus affected my sleeping. In my old house when I was about 12, I woke up to see a young girl standing in my bedroom doorway, looking around. Another time I saw the same girl, with a lady, standing in front of my wall unit, they had their backs to me and the girl was standing up on her tip-toes, trying to apparently see my horse collection. The lady then slowly started turning her head around to look at me and they faded away. Another time it was an old person standing at the end of my bed, and the final time I awoke to see another or the same old person right in my face staring at me. At first I thought it was ghosts, cause I was young, and naturally I screamed and cried to my mum that my room is haunted. As I got older I started learning about sleep disorders - such as sleep paralysis, in which symptoms include seeing beings or shadows around your bed, and being in a dream-like state but thinking you are awake. Someone posted in a thread not long ago that alot of sufferers of sleep paralysis actually report seeing an old person standing at the end of their bed. So yeah, I still get freaked out remember what happened, but in my honest opinion it was simply hallucinations brought on by a sleep disorder.

I think the fact that America is much bigger in population accounts for the fact that there appear to be more encounters, and then when you consider how many people don't want to share their stories for fear of being laughed at, you can see why it'd be mainly American dominated. But there are Aussies *waves*

maybe you ought to post a good Aussie story.....or is that a puny plan?......B

linked-image

the Halfmungus has spoken....

Edited by Barek Halfhand

You also have to realize in many other parts of the world talking openly about ghosts, spirits, demons etc. is something of a taboo/superstion.

Whoever first described the USA as a nation of mystics still made an understatement. Even most of our atheists are into some form of spiritualism and it is not unusual to find a mix of atheists and religious fundamentalists out jaunting around hunting down ghosts together. We seem to be allergic to being crammed into a descriptive box of any type, much to the irritation of many of our religious and political leaders who chase us around periodically trying to "teach" us what is best for us to believe. I do not know how similar this to other English speaking nations.

Whoever first described the USA as a nation of mystics still made an understatement.

Don't miss-interpret faith and religion with spiritualism.

Don't miss-interpret faith and religion with spiritualism.

I do not believe I did that since I included atheists.

A mystic is simply someone who believes in the existence of realities beyond current human comprehension and seeks to explore them.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

I do not believe I did that since I included atheists.

A mystic is simply someone who believes in the existence of realities beyond current human comprehension and seeks to explore them.

and of course ONLY an atheist (mystic) is capable of that :D .....

Mr Halfhand

halfhandshuffle:motorhead ace of spades

Edited by Barek Halfhand

This is a .com site ....

Also i seen alot of post of aussie and africa and europe paranormal encounters.

This is a .com site ....

Also i seen alot of post of aussie and africa and europe paranormal encounters.

You tell em Sea-dog :tu: ....B

halfhandshuffle:Pink Floyd- The Trial