Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Supreme Court Ruling

adrianv

With its ruling today, the Supreme Court has given a green light to a new stampede of special interest money in our politics. It is a major victory for big oil, Wall Street banks, health insurance companies and the other powerful interests that marshal their power every day in Washington to drown out the voices of everyday Americans. This ruling gives the special interests and their lobbyists even more power in Washington--while undermining the influence of average Americans who make small contributions to support their preferred candidates.

My link

This just makes really sad inside, why any of these powers even need money from the treasury its not like they wouldn't have enough money to afford it the themselves. Democracy died a long time ago in my view.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• WoIverine

• Siara

• adrianv

I agree with you 100%. It boggles my mind that people can't see what's wrong with the SC's decision (or that they assume it's a matter of left/right politics).

Yeah, this is just crazy. The rich can pay for what legislation they want. Not that they couldn't before, but now it is just bold face corruption...

Yeah, this is just crazy. The rich can pay for what legislation they want. Not that they couldn't before, but now it is just bold face corruption...

That's what it amounts to. It seems like multi-national corporations with no specific interest in America are now in charge of our electoral process. I can't help wondering- who got paid for this decision and what did they get?

Edited by Siara

Obama's™ State of the Union Address Jan. 27th 2010:

With all due deference to separation of powers, last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests, including foreign corporations, to spend without limit in our elections.

(APPLAUSE)

I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests or, worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people.

Listen to yourself Barack Obama... do what is right.

EXECUTIVE ORDER... USE IT.

America's federal government should not be influenced by FOREIGN interests.

THIS IS A NATIONAL SECURITY alert - RED alert.

On a side note its unbelievable that there was an applause after Obama said:

"With all due deference to separation of powers, last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests, including foreign corporations, to spend without limit in our elections."

Unbelievable!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd like to know each persons name who applauded when Obama said this.... every name.

Edited by acidhead

Listen to yourself and listen to the people Barack Obama...

On a side note its unbelievable that their was an applause after Obama said:

"With all due deference to separation of powers, last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests, including foreign corporations, to spend without limit in our elections."

Unbelievable!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd like to know each persons name who applauded when Obama said this.... every name.

you mean like when clinton recieved 150,000 from indonisia in campaign contributions. this was by the way under the law that was just revocked by the sc. by the way just before or after clinton put a national monument in where our only source of soft coal is,(soft coal doesn't pollute.) the only other source is indonisia. hay isn[t that the country that built a statue of obama for no reason too.

Listen to yourself Barack Obama... do what is right.

On a side note its unbelievable that there was an applause after Obama said:

Unbelievable!?!?!?!?!?!?

Foreign corporations can not give money.

Foreign corporations can not give money.

Ahhh...

But FOREIGNERS can invest in Corporations BASED IN AMERICA....

The investors are called: SHAREHOLDERS

Ahhh...

But FOREIGNERS can invest in Corporations BASED IN AMERICA....

The investors are called: SHAREHOLDERS

Yes they can invest in debts and shares but the idea that they can contribute to campaign is not really possible. the CEO makes those decisions not the share holders.

Yes they can invest in debts and shares but the idea that they can contribute to campaign is not really possible. the CEO makes those decisions not the share holders.

Of course they can contribute to a campaign. George Soros did with Obama's election run. These guys find and exploit all the loopholes they possibly can. The carte blanche that was just given to special interests ensures that the corruption currently in power in the nation will stay in power regardless of a 4, or 8 year dual term.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Yes...

When the CEO's of any U.S. based Corporation decide to contribute an unlimited sum to an american political party or candidate - its the money

from the shareholders which is used.

How do we know who the shareholders are... their true identity... what their nationality is... ? -we don't.

They could be from any where on the planet... like Russia, Germany, Israel, the UK, Canada, Iran, China, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, etc...

Does this add up?

What may appear to be a victory for free speech has come at the expense of sovereign influence from out side interest.

Its actually quite shocking that this has happened.

Long live Walmart and Home Depot and all the junk thats stocked-made in China!!!!!... LOL...JK.

There is no way we can possibly plug all the loopholes this ruling opens up. Anyone with enough money and power will have significant control over what information we, the voters, get to see.

I don't understand why this is still going on right in front of our faces and yet even our President can't do anything about expect say "its a major victory for them but I wont do anything about it just say it sucks"

Because the president helps facilitate all of this...as did bush, as do the Senate and Congress...on BOTH sides of the aisle.

Of course they can contribute to a campaign. George Soros did with Obama's election run. These guys find and exploit all the loopholes they possibly can. The carte blanche that was just given to special interests ensures that the corruption currently in power in the nation will stay in power regardless of a 4, or 8 year dual term.

Yes but this has nothing to do with the Supreme Court ruling. Obama lied about foreign corporations.

Yes but this has nothing to do with the Supreme Court ruling. Obama lied about foreign corporations.

Yeah...it just sucks man, this whole thing is really sh*tty and extremely demoralizing. I can't even imagine how some of our troops feel. They're probably thinking, "I can't believe I'm putting my life on the line for this." :(

Yes...

When the CEO's of any U.S. based Corporation decide to contribute an unlimited sum to an american political party or candidate - its the money

from the shareholders which is used.

But thats not foreign corporations or investors deciding on how the company spends money in terms of elections.

How do we know who the shareholders are... their true identity... what their nationality is... ? -we don't.

They could be from any where on the planet... like Russia, Germany, Israel, the UK, Canada, Iran, China, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, etc...

Because they us a social security or tax ID number to open an account, again share holders cant tell the CEO or any officer, insider or director what to do with the companies money. its a democratic process.

Does this add up?

What may appear to be a victory for free speech has come at the expense of sovereign influence from out side interest.

Its actually quite shocking that this has happened.

Long live Walmart and Home Depot and all the junk thats stocked-made in China!!!!!... LOL...JK.

I think a company should be able to spend its money, anyway it thinks in terms of helping the company grow.

Yeah...it just sucks man, this whole thing is really sh*tty and extremely demoralizing. I can't even imagine how some of our troops feel. They're probably thinking, "I can't believe I'm putting my life on the line for this." :(

But why are people mad about this when other groups like moveon.org can, to me, its the same thing.

But why are people mad about this when other groups like moveon.org can, to me, its the same thing.

Kind of like when a bully stops sneak attacking you and starts going for your throat I guess.

Because the president helps facilitate all of this...as did bush, as do the Senate and Congress...on BOTH sides of the aisle.

I guess it's part of the same philosophy that led them to give all that stimulus money to the banks.

Moveon.org doesn't have anywhere near the amount of money that a major corporation has. Also there were limits on moveon.org. Now there are no limits.

Moveon.org doesn't have anywhere near the amount of money that a major corporation has. Also there were limits on moveon.org. Now there are no limits.

Whats the limits?

I think a company should be able to spend its money, anyway it thinks in terms of helping the company grow.

even if that means firing 20% of its employees to make a little bit more money?

even if that means firing 20% of its employees to make a little bit more money?

Thats not really making the company grow now is it?