Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream = Coincidence?

LaurenElizabeth

After a little push from my brother to look into this, here I am.

As of late i've been having very vivid dreams - situational dreams about family, friends, etc. When I share my dream with the individual involved, much to my surprise the event that I dreamt about had actually occured. Never have these dreams been about anything of much significance. For example, I had a dream about my brother pursuing a new career path (which he has not told anybody about yet) - when asking him about it he was shocked, and swore he hadn't told a soul. This is just one of many.

What I chalk up to coincidence (being a little bit of a skeptic), my brother thinks is some kind of talent/gift his reasoning being "there's just no such thing as that many coincidences".

Anybody have a similar experience they wouldn't mind sharing? Should I continue to consider this coincidence, or is there possibly something more to it?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaurenElizabeth

• eight bits

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, LaurenElizabeth.

Many dreams are about possibilities, the way things might be, might become, or might have been. Possibilities that are "overlooked" or "forgotten" in waking life can easily crop up in dreams. They might even be more likely to crop up in dreams than other possibilities, which you have already examined while awake.

You are also endowed with the best pattern recognition firmware in the biosphere. And whether dreaming or awake, you know more than you know that you know.

You take all those facts together, and it would be stupefying if we did not sometimes dream about surprising things that turned out to be true. And maybe you really are better at it than most people. Why not? I've never heard of any human ability where some people weren't better at it than others.

If you're interested in your dreams, for any reason, then you should write them down. And if you learn something in waking life about a topic you've dreamt, then write that down, too (whether it agrees with what you dreamt about it or not). Look it over once in a while, and you can reach your own conclusions about accuracy.

Good luck with it. Happy New Year.

This experience is not something I have shared with many because of the skeptics out there, but I figured here would be the best place to talk openly about it.

Sure enough this is the case. Thank you, eight bits for reading and taking your time to reply with something very positive and reassuring. It's nice to see an open minded person.

Wishing you the best for the new year,

Lauren

Welcome aboard, LaurenElizabeth.

Many dreams are about possibilities, the way things might be, might become, or might have been. Possibilities that are "overlooked" or "forgotten" in waking life can easily crop up in dreams. They might even be more likely to crop up in dreams than other possibilities, which you have already examined while awake.

You are also endowed with the best pattern recognition firmware in the biosphere. And whether dreaming or awake, you know more than you know that you know.

You take all those facts together, and it would be stupefying if we did not sometimes dream about surprising things that turned out to be true. And maybe you really are better at it than most people. Why not? I've never heard of any human ability where some people weren't better at it than others.

If you're interested in your dreams, for any reason, then you should write them down. And if you learn something in waking life about a topic you've dreamt, then write that down, too (whether it agrees with what you dreamt about it or not). Look it over once in a while, and you can reach your own conclusions about accuracy.

Good luck with it. Happy New Year.