Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Some help please about 12/21/12 beliefs.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,890 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 20 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Adding this on as an edit.. is it me, is it just me.. or is it mostly the younger people who are so anxious to believe in the end of the world doomsday stuff? (i know, exceptions, older generations do believe, just in my experience it seems more the young).. I wonder this because at my job site, from january through june.. when it is just us full timers.. and many have been there like me from 8 years to 40!... when we are in the lunch room we talk bout the latest news events, or the menfolk will go on and on about sports, or we talk about some tv show we just love to hate or a good book.. but from aug to december, when our job hires 100+ seasonal/temps, and the majority are high school kids to upper 20's.. the discussions seem to move away from what we older ones are into, and suddenly we are thrust into these doomsday things, or discussions about the lastest image on the moon or mars that means aliens were there!  the topics swing more when the younger are there, and this yr it seems to be doomsday doomsday

this could just be my imagination.. JUST wondered if anyone else noticed.

Young people, and young minds are more affected by the media and entertainment. I think what you are seeing is a reflection of the media's propaganda of 2012 doomsday stuff. All this  2012 stuff is saturated in everything we watch, read and listen to and the so called new agers are pretty much set up as the scape goat to take the flack, anger, angst when the 21 dec passes and nothing happens....If people do feel the need to get angst by it blame the media, not the new agers. Of course all these end of the world things were started by a few bam pot channellers / cults who were most likely being fed manipulated information. Again by who?

We were discussing this  in another thread here http://www.unexplain...pic=237326&st=0 if this perspective should be of interest.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 27 November 2012 - 04:17 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 27 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Young people, and young minds are more affected by the media and entertainment. I think what you are seeing is a reflection of the media's propaganda of 2012 doomsday stuff. All this  2012 stuff is saturated in everything we watch, read and listen to and the so called new agers are pretty much set up as the scape goat to take the flack, anger, angst when the 21 dec passes and nothing happens....If people do feel the need to get angst by it blame the media, not the new agers. Of course all these end of the world things were started by a few bam pot channellers / cults who were most likely being fed manipulated information. Again by who?

We were discussing this  in another thread here http://www.unexplain...237326&st=0 if this perspective should be of interest.
Blu3 ,they gonna rename this forum after new years ?

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#48    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 27 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Many good points but I'd like to add these ones. Older people (my age) who grew up during the Cold War always had the thought of the end of the world in the back of their mind. After the USA and USSR stepped back from the brink news stories came out about how close we were on a few occasions to an actual nuclear armageddon.

Now, with the 2012 and Niburu nonsense going on, younger people don't have anything real to ground their fears on. Older people know what it's like to grow up in the 'end days' and this isn't it.  

We also didn't have the internet growing up. People like to blame 'the media' in general for these fears but the one wing of the media that is most responsible is the internet. Now any doomsday nutjob can start a blog or website and declare that "The End is Near!". Somehow the internet gives them an air of authenticity.

When I was growing up it was a doomsday nutjob standing on a street corner with a sandwich board. No one payed attention.

Edited by Likely Guy, 27 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#49    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I really need to make a templete to copy and paste about this subject LOL..... All it is, is that the mayan calendar is rolling over, no different from our yearly calendar rolling over to the next year. Secondly it is to be understood but not proven(yet) that this is the same time the earths polarities are switching, keep in mind that in the past this switch has failed and polarities stayed the same. Thirdly not on that exact date but i think between the 3rd if not the 3rd of december to about the 21st of december, the 3 giza temples(pyramids) will align under its 3 parent stars.....  Take that for what its worth, but that right now is possibly the most down to earth "theories" ..... or atleast mine.... of course what do i know im justa caveman........ :rofl:

#50    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostOverSword, on 20 November 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Well on the plus side if the world ends I don't have to go to work in the morning.
True that!!

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#51    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostMidKn13ght, on 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

...Secondly it is to be understood but not proven(yet) that this is the same time the earths polarities are switching, keep in mind that in the past this switch has failed and polarities stayed the same.

No actually. The process takes hundreds if not thousands of years to complete and the last reversal happened almost 800,000 years ago. There will be no polarity reversal anytime soon.

Edit: Oops, it helps to provide a reliable source.

http://www.nasa.gov/...leReversal.html

Edited by Likely Guy, 27 November 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#52    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostMidKn13ght, on 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

...Thirdly not on that exact date but i think between the 3rd if not the 3rd of december to about the 21st of december, the 3 giza temples(pyramids) will align under its 3 parent stars...

That's not quite accurate either. You're right about the alignment occuring on December 3rd (on that date only) but it's a planetary alignment of Mercury, Venus and Saturn, not 'parent stars'. The pyramids will not align under them either as the planetary alignment will be at too great of an angle.

That, and 'three planets, three pyramids', I say 'big deal'. I could see the alignment over 3 pine trees. It wouldn't mean anything. Some sites also suggest that this happens 'only once every 2,737 years' which is untrue, the last time these three planets align was in 2005.

http://blogs.discove...pyramid-scheme/

Your first point however, I whole heartedly agree with. :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 28 November 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#53    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,822 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 November 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

That's not quite accurate either. You're right about the alignment occuring on December 3rd (on that date only) but it's a planetary alignment of Mercury, Venus and Saturn, not 'parent stars'. The pyramids will not align under them either as the planetary alignment will be at too great of an angle.

That, and 'three planets, three pyramids', I say 'big deal'. I could see the alignment over 3 pine trees. It wouldn't mean anything. Some sites also suggest that this happens 'only once every 2,737 years' which is untrue, the last time these three planets align was in 2005.

http://blogs.discove...pyramid-scheme/

Your first point however, I whole heartedly agree with. :)
And the planetary alignment does not include Earth, right? That fact often gets lost, or neglected to be mentioned. And then you have people out trying to "see" the alignment, when they have no hope of seeing anything other then Venus.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#54    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,806 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

There are other inscriptions at Mayan sites for dates far beyond 2012 — including one that roughly translates into the year 4772.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2CnvRXY3c

I don`t worry about the Mayan`s doom day theory . But I do worry about all out atomic war and those fools playing around with that  Hadron Collider creating a black hole or a dang asteroid hitting our planet :)

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

Edited by docyabut2, 28 November 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#55    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 November 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

And the planetary alignment does not include Earth, right? That fact often gets lost, or neglected to be mentioned. And then you have people out trying to "see" the alignment, when they have no hope of seeing anything other then Venus.
From what I understand the planetary alignment would include the Earth, on that date, because planets align all the time dependent on where you are in space. It's nothing special really because all the planets share roughly the same rotational plane. It just so happens that from our vantage point, on December 3rd, they will align.All that it is, is a time to say, "Hey, isn't that neat?"

#56    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,822 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 November 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

From what I understand the planetary alignment would include the Earth, on that date, because planets align all the time dependent on where you are in space. It's nothing special really because all the planets share roughly the same rotational plane. It just so happens that from our vantage point, on December 3rd, they will align.All that it is, is a time to say, "Hey, isn't that neat?"
Huh? Interesting.

So will there be a Transit of Mercury by Venus, visible from Earth? Wouldn't that need to be very close to aligning with the Sun also?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#57    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 November 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Huh? Interesting.

So will there be a Transit of Mercury by Venus, visible from Earth? Wouldn't that need to be very close to aligning with the Sun also?

You mean Venus crossing in front of Mercury, or both planets transiting the Sun at the same time? No, in either case.

There was a transit of Venus in 2012 but it's already occured.

2012 transit of Venus: http://eclipse.gsfc..../transit12.html

On Dec. 3 all we'll witness is three planets in the night time sky that will temporarily form a straight line, nothing to do with the Sun. The only reason we'll notice or just due to our location on that date.

Perhaps this part of the discussion should be moved to the Astronomy forum. :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 28 November 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#58    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,822 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 November 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

You mean Venus crossing in front of Mercury, or both planets transiting the Sun at the same time? No, in either case.There was a transit of Venus in 2012 but it's already occured.2012 transit of Venus: http://eclipse.gsfc..../transit12.html
Yeah Venus across Mercury. Eclipsing it more accurately. If the Earth is going to align with Venus and Mercury, then logically Mercury could be eclipsed by Venus, right?

Would Saturn be behind Mercury, or behind the Earth, in this alignment?

I only say near the Sun, because Mercury is really never far from the Sun.

Edited by DieChecker, 28 November 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#59    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Yeah Venus across Mercury. Eclipsing it more accurately. If the Earth is going to align with Venus and Mercury, then logically Mercury could be eclipsed by Venus, right?

Would Saturn be behind Mercury, or behind the Earth, in this alignment?

I only say near the Sun, because Mercury is really never far from the Sun.
On Dec. 3 all we'll witness is three planets in the night time sky that will temporarily form a straight line, nothing to do with the Sun. The only reason we'll notice is just due to our location on that date.

#60    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'm not sure if I was clear. They won't be lined up in a visible transit like an eclipse. Just in an alignment in the sky. Sometimes they might form a triangle, but why no one cares about that, I don't know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users