Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#196    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostKarlis, on 08 October 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi Chimp -- I think if we follow your *general* line of reasoning, then Derrick Bird should have been on a "watch list". He was under severe stress as taxi driver; the taxation people were persecuting him; his twin brother betrayed him; and possibly other reasons ... :hmm:

I'm not arguing about that I'm arguing about pulling two names out at random like its supposed to defeat my argument.

I agree Bird snapped.

#197    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 08 October 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'm not arguing about that I'm arguing about pulling two names out at random like its supposed to defeat my argument.

I agree Bird snapped.
And the example of Bird snapped your argument, Chimp. You really can't draw up a category-list of types of people who *should be* on a watch list ... does not work in real life.

Edited by Karlis, 08 October 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#198    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

A whole list of people should be banned from the jobs it isnt just homosexuals.

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?
Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.
Whoa there buddy. I was a victim of child abuse. That has nothing to do with prisoners who are sex offenders if I was a guard. More about who it was that perpetrated the violence against me. yes it was a family member but then it was ok back in the old days to beat the crap out of your kids.  If you are making such generalized statements then you would also be out of a job for being judgmental. There are a lot of police, prison guards etc. who behave un -professionaly toward inmates and they may have none of the issues you mentioned. In fact a lot of people who have any power can and do abuse it. And anyone can snap under stress.

#199    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I have mixed opinions over this.
I think that if they were convicted of having sexual relations with someone under 21 at the time of the offence.
Then it shouldn't be taken away. Because at the time it was classed as child abuse.
Also loitering with intent is a crime. I mean maybe i'm wrong but isn't that having sex in public places, which again is illegal.
So again that shouldn't be stricken from the record.

But if it was someone been convicted of just been gay, then of course take it away

#200    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

To commit a homosexual crime requires two things not one -
1. Homosexual urges.
2. A willingness to violate societies laws.

As they were also guilty of the second their details should remain on the Police Database. This is because they have already demonstrated they will break laws to satisfy their urges. I bet a large amount of them do drugs as an example.

#201    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

as lapd shows, you don't have to be KKK member for that.

Edited by aztek, 11 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#202    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,147 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

No its a free society but only to those that can cope with freedom.

So you believe that based on someone genetic disposition (Homosexuality) they should be tossed into a group of hate mongers and people with mental dissorders?

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#203    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostThanato, on 14 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

So you believe that based on someone genetic disposition (Homosexuality) they should be tossed into a group of hate mongers and people with mental dissorders?

~Thanato

People who break laws, regardless of said laws later being dissolved, have shown they will break laws when they want too.

#204    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,147 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 February 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

People who break laws, regardless of said laws later being dissolved, have shown they will break laws when they want too.

So when said laws (which no longer exist) violate human rights. You still think they should be lumped in with Rapists and Phsycopaths?

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#205    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostThanato, on 14 February 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

So when said laws (which no longer exist) violate human rights. You still think they should be lumped in with Rapists and Phsycopaths?

~Thanato

I'm not saying they should be held on the database for being homosexual but for showing that when they have urges they will break the law.

When I go out into my drive and have a look at my neighbour's sports car, which I want, I dont give into my urges and steal the thing do I?

#206    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

In all fairness if they where charged with crimes then they should be kept on there records.
If there sexual  related.
if it's just for being gay then of course wipe them off.

#207    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postali smack, on 14 February 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

In all fairness if they where charged with crimes then they should be kept on there records.
If there sexual  related.
if it's just for being gay then of course wipe them off.
I was going to reply to your earlier post but I'm glad I read this first.

Yes anything that was considered a crime due to homosexuality should be wiped. Other convictions unrelated - of course not.

They definitely should not me made to have to apply to have it wiped from their record as well, it should be done for everyone without question.

Valentines day is over :cry:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users