Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resurrection

Hugh

Got hooked after the first show, just watched episode 3.

Any theories as to why the resurrections are happening and who is responsible for them?

What about those 3 hunters? Could they be the 3 aliens that Ray (Caleb's son) said crash landed in a spaceship?

This show creates cliffhanging scenes at an incredible rate, and keeps me coming back wanting more!

Got hooked after the first show, just watched episode 3.

Any theories as to why the resurrections are happening and who is responsible for them?

What about those 3 hunters? Could they be the 3 aliens that Ray (Caleb's son) said crash landed in a spaceship?

This show creates cliffhanging scenes at an incredible rate, and keeps me coming back wanting more!

I thinking some kind of cloning experiments, since the first one the kid was picked up in China.

I thinking some kind of cloning experiments, since the first one the kid was picked up in China.

That's a possibility, but there is so much that the resurrected know about the real people, down to every memory...

Also it was kinda freaky how Jacob's name written on his shirt name tag matched the shirt in his coffin exactly...

New possible theory... It usually turns out to be the least one you suspect... How about Jacob's mother? Maybe she learned how to become a witch (or whatever was necessary) so that she could bring her dear Jacob back. Then when the town people didn't accept that Jacob had come back, she started bringing back others to take the attention off of her son... She could have had a spare shirt saved away for him because she had others, and it was her writing on the original one to begin with, that's why they matched.

Edited by Hugh

I liked the first episode, but 2 and three were just 'meh' for me.. I am seriously considering just reading the book it is about and seeing how well i like it.

The Returned by Jason Mott

Dam! that bug is tuff, wont be squashed for no one!

Dont have that series in my part of the world yet but it sounds interesting....

We have only seen episode one in Oz.

According to this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_(U.S._TV_series) there will be 8 episodes in Season One.

I wonder how long they will go before the Big Reveal?

It's a tricky part of the business... do it too early or late and you lose a lot of viewers...

You've got to reveal enough to keep them hooked, but still keep the mysteries going to make people want to try to solve them...

I'm liking what they're doing so far. :)

I hope it not going to like that series Lost , I got so lost, I never did see it through:)

I was thinking the same. I've seen the first 3 episodes also and while holding promise at the same time it's already beginning to drag a bit.

The 3 hunters were known by the doctor, she'd grown up with them so unlikely to be aliens.

The 3 hunters were known by the doctor, she'd grown up with them so unlikely to be aliens.

They seemed a bit strange though don't you think?

Another interesting thing is that both the resurrected Caleb and Jacob share the same traits of eating a lot and sleeping very little.

Ray said that Caleb had eaten everything in the fridge and Jacob's mom had made a lot of sandwiches for Jacob, showing all the crusts she had cut off of his sandwiches in the garbage...

Ray also said Caleb doesn't sleep much, and it seems Jacob is always faking like he's sleeping but never really does...

The title of the series alone appears to be a paean to traditional Christianity. Will it turn out to have more in common with 'The Walking Dead" (a crude and visceral form of "resurrection").

I've only watched the first episode - initial thoughts are alien cloning and possibly alien in human meatsuit type scenario being played out. How do they have all the memories? They retrieved them from the cells of the corpses, apparently all our cells have the capacity to store memory. Or more specifically the cells in the portion of the brain associated with memory may have been extracted. The time scale would make sense if the aliens have been working at this for sometime or operating outside of spacetime as we know it etc.

I agree about the Lost series, I watched the first few episodes and then lost interest, it just dragged out too long. I told a friend they were dead at the end of the pilot of that show btw and was really annoyed at how they danced around that, then ignored it for several seasons before trying to tie it all up in a not so very neat little ball at the end. It was like Days of Our lives, you could watch 2 shows a season and not lose track of the plot because it moved so slowly.

• Like 1

I'd watch every season of the Guiding Light (starting with their radio broadcasts) before I wasted time watching LOST again, and I only made it through two seasons.

This one has some potential and hasn't lost me yet. One of the better recent ones.

Saw Episode 4.

Still waiting to see who that bald guy was talking to in his home when he said "she found us." after Maggie talked to him, but still, nothing.

It's got to be Barbara right? And he sure is bringing a lot of groceries home... unloading the car with groceries when Maggie sees him, then bringing a couple of big bags home from when we saw him in the bar in the nearby town... Lots of eating by the other resurrected indicates that it is Barbara that the bald guy has been hiding, and that she's been resurrected as well...

Was it really Caleb that robbed the bank the second time? All evidence points to him but it doesn't show him directly doing it... Was it really Ray, his son? Possibly trying to frame him, because he doesn't believe it's really his dad?

Also, must say I like Maggie more than Elaine, or Rachel. :)

That's a possibility, but there is so much that the resurrected know about the real people, down to every memory...

Also it was kinda freaky how Jacob's name written on his shirt name tag matched the shirt in his coffin exactly...

I hope I m not missing anything so far in this series, but in cloning may be man learn how to clone the whole body at death clothes and all :) :)

Lots of good stuff in episode 5!

Rachel is pregnant with Tom's baby... happened before she committed suicide... this is gonna really pull Tom and his wife apart even worse...

How in the heck did Caleb disappear from that jail cell? Is he gone for good? Methinks not lol... Where has he gone?

How does Jacob know everything Caleb does and where he is? He's not being fully honest about everything he knows.

Why wasn't Ray in this show? Cops crawling all around the house and no Ray... and what was that the cop said about how one of the closet doors is jammed shut... don't you think he'd force it open in the search???

How long will Maggie keep Rachel's secret?

What about that kid that Marty returned home and was killed? Is he gonna come back too?

Caleb says this is just the start and more are coming... just getting better...

Too bad only 3 more episodes before the summer break, then we'll have to wait until the fall for season 2...

I like this tv show. I find it interesting that Jacob's dad and Caleb's son really doesn't really want anything to do with their 'returned' family members. It's as if instinctively they know something is missing about them.

I wonder if they were returned without their souls. I would reckon that if you clone someone you wouldn't be able to clone their souls?

It is a good show, so looking forward to more episodes.

Kind Regards :)

How about that multiverse 0.38 theory that Maggie's doctor friend came up with?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Episode 7 "Schemes of the Devil" was the best one yet! I really enjoyed every bit of it. Lots of cool stuff happening, great acting, saw some new interesting things happening too, and finally got to see Barbara!

• 2 weeks later...

ok the last show shows the mark on the cop that found the little boy to be the mark of a resurrected black couple that lost their son in the flood, is he a restructure to, or did he grow up to be this son?

Judging by his age, it seems that he wasn't killed with his family, but continued on alive after they died...

The final episode did leave a lot of things hanging for the season finale, can't wait for the new episodes this Fall...

I am going with the cloning based on science can transplant a living soul.

http://www.dailymail...human-soul.html

Rachel seems to have "reappeared" a little too quickly for something like that?

Starting to lose interest myself. All you yanks had me going so I downloaded up to episode 7 to catch up with you all. I'll see how episode 8 goes tonight. Hopefully it picks up a bit again.