Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AA artifacts - evidence or speculation ?

ancient aliens proof evidence statues petroglyphs drawings

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

no really. can you?
I want to learn the secrets of success.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#62    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sheep, UFO doesnt mean aliens. Ofcourse there are UFO in ancient paintings. They knew less about universe then we.
My point is if you want to search to Aliens in ancient paintings you need to look better.

I could give examples of cases where we realy cant exclude alien ship like Conrad Lycosthenes wood cut from 1479.

Secret of success... personal or as civilization success? Either way efficency plays big role in it.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#63    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

oh look at the time.   well, im off for breakfast. Its been fun.  have a great day everyone! :su

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#64    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,209 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'll say this just one more time: Do not make the discussion personal. Stick to the subject matter.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#65    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

So we all have to go over this again for the 1000th time?

I just read a couple of pages of this thread, and I see nothing that has not been discussed and not been debunked.

Ancient Aliens Debunked
http://www.unexplain...showentry=26585

UFO's in Ancient Art Debunked
http://www.unexplain...showentry=25328

Edited by Abramelin, 05 May 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#66    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,818 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

these 'coincidences' of expression regarding strange objects in the sky unknown to human culture spans back tens of thousands of years and is still going on today, surely there must be some connection even if it is on a sub conscious level ....

we know that humans have been observing the skies for much longer than we gave them credit for :

Dunhuang Star Atlas
Credit and Copyright: J.-M. Bonnet-Bidaud (CEA, Saclay), F. Praderie (Obs. Paris) S. Whitfield (British Library)
Explanation: This ancient Chinese map of planet Earth's northern sky is part of the Dunhuang Star Atlas, one of the most impressive documents in the history of astronomy. The oldest complete star atlas known, it dates to the years 649 to 684, discovered at the Silk Road town of Dunhuang in 1907. A recent analysis that examines the accuracy and projections used to make it notes the atlas marks positions of over 1,300 stars and outlines 257 Chinese star groups or asterisms. The star positions in the hand drawn atlas were found to be accurate to within a few degrees. In this example showing the north polar region, a very recognizable Big Dipper, part of the modern constellation Ursa Major, lies along the bottom of the chart. An additional 12 charts depict equatorial regions in 30 degree sections and also include a grouping resembling the modern constellation Orion. The atlas is on display at the British Library in London to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

link

more links

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#67    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 May 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

I just read a couple of pages of this thread, and I see nothing that has not been discussed and not been debunked.

Ancient Aliens Debunked
http://www.unexplain...showentry=26585

UFO's in Ancient Art Debunked
http://www.unexplain...showentry=25328

Henri Lhote (1903–1991) was a French author, explorer, ethnographer, and "expert on prehistoric cave art" who described and is credited for the discovery of "important cave paintings" in an "assembly of 800 or more magnificent works of primitive art...in a virtually inaccessible region on the edge of the Sahara desert" Lhote was an early ancient astronaut theorist and considered the prehistoric art as evidence of paleocontact.

-

The popular press gave much attention to Lhote's hypothesis of a prehistoric close encounter and it was later incorporated into the '"sensationalist claims" made by Erich von Däniken that ancient extraterrestrial astronauts visited prehistoric Earth.

-

The value of Lhote's scholarship was also challenged by The Journal of North African Studies, an academic journal affiliated with the University of East Anglia:

Following a highly publicised expedition in the 1950s, the Tassili-n-Ajjer mountains of the Central Sahara (Algeria) were presented to the world as 'the greatest museum of prehistoric art in the whole world'. Many of the claims of the expedition's leader, Henri Lhote, were misleading, a number of the paintings were faked, and the copying process was fraught with errors. The 'discovery' can only be understood within the political and cultural context of the time, namely the Algerian Revolution, France's attempt to partition Algeria, and the prevailing views of the Abbé Breuil, the arch-advocate of foreign influence in African rock art. The expedition's methods caused extensive damage to the rock art while the accompanying looting of cultural objects effectively sterilized the archaeological landscape. Any restitution process must necessarily include a full recognition of what was done and the inappropriateness of the values.

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4459083

#68    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ancient Alien theory
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244935

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True (677 pages)
http://www.unexplain...pic=237842&st=0

#69    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,818 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 May 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

~links snip

Abe ... you are charging up at the wrong front ... this is about the interesting occurrences of such expressions in the human cultures of ye olde days of ancient times commonly associated with 'aliens' today.

nobody is saying aliens are real ..... because of it ... just because there are more than a few fraudsters who disreputably poke their grubby fingers in such research it doesn't make every single artifact thus found so far automatically forgeries .....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#70    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 May 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Abe ... you are charging up at the wrong front ... this is about the interesting occurrences of such expressions in the human cultures of ye olde days of ancient times commonly associated with 'aliens' today.

nobody is saying aliens are real ..... because of it ... just because there are more than a few fraudsters who disreputably poke their grubby fingers in such research it doesn't make every single artifact thus found so far automatically forgeries .....

I read about UFOs in medieval art, I read about the Bagdad 'battery', I read about that ancient Egyptian 'helicopter'....

These have all been discussed and debunked. And they were real artifacts, but interpreted with a lot of wishful thinking.

#71    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

• Question everything

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostExeter, on 05 May 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Hi the L.

You're using extreme examples in an attempt to prove your point which is not far removed from a strawman argument. I know the previous posts have been addressed but to be truly open minded you have to allow for a margin of doubt.

Donna

And the OP in citing from  von Däniken et al is singling out examples which superficially resemble our conceptions of modern space suits, ect. That's not far removed from cherry picking. No, wait, that's the exact definition of cherry picking. L OTOH Makes a valid comparison.  If the thesis is that these were artistically intended to represent real things within these cultures,  then an examination of what else these cultures produced artistically in context would be in order, which is nowhere near a strawman. Also, when one is dealing from the start with the fantastic, how does one determine what falls within the limits of "extreme"?

Funny isn't it how that required doubt always seems to be so highly specific in it's directionality.

Edited by Oniomancer, 05 May 2013 - 02:08 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#72    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,818 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 May 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I read about UFOs in medieval art, I read about the Bagdad 'battery', I read about that ancient Egyptian 'helicopter'....

These have all been discussed and debunked. And they were real artifacts, but interpreted with a lot of wishful thinking.

I know ... and guess what ?

they (at least more than a few) knows too ... :lol:

its just interesting to look at ...... can't deny that ol'chap .... those that don't wanna know ... well ... I'll just pour myself another ... :D

'

#73    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Whats the purpose of this, just one of the many hundreds at Nazca, a 6 mile long runway looking line for religious purposes ? I seriously doubt that and if anyone suggests this is naturally made im certain reverse evolution is in full effect  
Posted Image

You seriously doubt that because you have never looked deeper into it.

Read Johan Reinhard's work as a start. And Maria Reiche's work

#74    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,693 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

and i guess, you flew over them nazca lines too, havent you Abe??

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#75    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 May 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

If it amuses a bored sock puppet to stir a mess for whatever their purpose is. I'm surprised people have taken this thread seriously......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users