Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas

Lucas North-justiceseeker

Hello my name is Lucas North and I am a self-proclaimed unnoficial private investigator. This is an attempt at re-posting a topic that was deleted due to myself and another user breaking the rule of the forum and using the last names of a suspect. It is my hope that the forum moderators will allow me to post this topic if I agree to withold the last names of the suspects in these murders that were unearthed last week. I have contacted Angela Brosso's former boyfriend and gave him the names and mugshots of Ronald M. and Chris B. of Sunnyslope in hopes that he will contact the lead detective in this case with that info and hopefully lead to an interview to uncover if these individuals were in fact the same "Ronnie and Chris" who were seen with Angela Brosso's missing purple Diamondback mountain bike in the days after her death.

I also want to apologize to the forum moderators for violating your rules. I have never read them and allowed my emotion to get the best of me in this case and my desire to see the killers caught made me act reckless. It will not happen again and I implore you to allow us to continue digging up dirt on this case as the old topic had an amazing 286 responses spanning 26 pages including shocking revelations from Brosso's boyfriend who postes as SandyBeaches, Voiceinthewind who revealed the warlocks theory and the startiling revelation that the were spotted with the purple bike, Steve Rino, a friend of Melanie Bernas who said she was hit by a sedan on 40th street and thrown in the trunk the night she went missing, as well as many other interesting people. It is my belief that the old deleted topic that lasted from my creation of it in October 2011 until its demise about a week ago was the biggest break in this case in years. It has introduced a whole new generation of people to this crime and has provided new hope that it can be one day solved. I'm hoping we can continue our work and it will lead to an arrest and closure for the family and friends of these girls.

• Like 1

Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas. These two girls both have plenty of commonalities: beautifull, amazing young women who were full of potential who were only guilty of being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. On Sunday November 8th 1992 at 7pm, Angela left her apartment she shared with her boyfriend that was located off Interstate 17 and Cactus road in Phoenix, Arizona to take a short bike ride to the north of Cactus in Cave Creek Park. She had not been in Phoenix long: a native of Camp Hill PA who went to Devry Los Angles to study the then relevent field of Telecomunications, she graduated in June and moved in with her boyfriend 22 years ago this month. She recently obtained a job at Sytellect INC at their now defunct office near I-17 and Greenway. She and her boyfriend recently had purchased two new bicycles and went out riding them often towards the northside of the park. When Angela didnt return at 8pm to watch In Living Colour, her boyfriend immediately called police and even went out searching for her himself to no avail, she has simply vanished. It was unusual behavior as Brosso's 22nd birthday was the next day and her boyfriend was planning a party for her.

At 9:40 am the next morning she was disocvered decapitated, naked, disemboweled, and dumped in the field south of Cactus next to the Arizona Canal Diversion Channel on a bike path that streches from Metrocenter Mall to 19th avenue and Greenway. Her head, bicycle, and walkman were missing, but her blood soaked clothes were left in a pile next to her body. Two weeks later on November 20th, a local canal fisherman found Brosso's head ontop of a grate in the Arizona Canal near Metorcenter just west of I-17. To this day her bicycle has never been found and is believed to have been taken as a trophy. Brosso's boyfriend Joseph was cleared by DNA testing and coperated fully in the investigation. The fisherman Mark Q. nicknamed "Fisherking" died in 1997 under suspicious circumstances and it has never been publicly revealed if he was DNA tested or not. There were also rumors that the murder was cult related and the media reported on a group of "warlocks: in the apartment.

Flash forward 10 months later to September 21st 1993, a Tuesday night. Melanie Bernas was a 17 year-old Arcadia High School student who lived with her family near 40th street and Osborn, far across the city to the southwest where Brosso lived. She took her Specialized Hardrock Sport bike out for a ride around the canal. It has been confirmed by people who knew Melanie that she would only bike in the general vicinity and wouldnt go as far as Metrocenter. At 10am on the next morning, she was discovered floating in the canal just east of the freeway near where Brosso was found. She was not decapitated like Brosso, but also died of stab wounds. Her bike and clothes were missing, but she was redressed in a turqoise body-suit that was not owned by her. In March of 1994 DNA linked both killings and the killer has not resurfaced or been linked to any other crimes. It was revealed by detectives in 2011 that the killer was suspected of having "specialized military training" due to the manner in which Brosso and Bernas were killed. In May of 2013, Fox 10 ran a story on the murders: the first television exposure for this case since the early to mid 1990's thanks to the intrest generated by this passionate community of online detectives. The internet is the greatest threat to Brosso and Bernas' killers.

http://www.azcentral...rosso-case.html

http://www.azcentral...till-large.html

http://www.phoenixne...ne-and-sadness/

http://www.myfoxphoe...er-still-sought

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker
  • Like 1

These are some unique articles from a google archive in the aftermath of Angela's murder.

This first one interviews Brosso's neihbors.

http://news.google.c...pg=6958,2569567

This second one tells the bizare tale of the fisherman who found the head.

http://news.google.c...pg=6948,6610084

I'm thinking the warlock scenario is the least likely scenario so far. Although Brosso's killing may have seemed a bit ritualistic I do not believe that warlocks would have taken the bike as a trophy.

The murderer seems to be quite vicious as the deaths are quite brutal; someone with little conscious or someone with a deep psychosis. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a sociopath and they just so happened to be in the right place at the right time to commit a murder. The murderer would also have to have a place big enough to hide his trophy bikes unless he ended up selling them far away or chopping them up the same night. Surely if they had friends or family someone would have seen them with the bikes. I get the feeling that the killer lives in the general area. Maybe he committed more murders than this. Maybe these were just the ones he didn't have time or resources to properly hide. There's also the possibility that the killer could have died or could be in jail on a totally unrelated crime. The killer may even strike again. Some go dormant for a while and keep trophies to relive the murder but the urge to kill will come back.

Anyways that's what I have to add. I never read the older threads but I hope more people can contribute.

if BOTH of these girls were bicycling (which unnerves me, as i myself am a woman with only a bike, and use it as my main transport) that in and of itself seems important somehow. what is it about girls on bikes that this guy finds homicidally inspiring? if he took the bikes with him, obviously he has to have another vehicle- most likely a truck, to carry the bikes away. i didn't read all the info but i am wondering if there were any witnesses of any type, at any point in these girls' ride? a truck parked nearby would be something i personally would look for. because we all know how much of a pain in the azz it is to put a bike in a car. he might have rode it off, tho, in which case that begs another question- if the bikes they rode were made for women and these women were of average female build, then he would probably be of average build himself. i would think a 6 foot 3 dude would look pretty awkward on a frame made for a smaller woman. his knees would jut out. but that might be something to think about.

and beheading? disemboweling? i mean, those are pretty complex mutilations, you would probably agree that this person probably committed other crimes. and if he is related to the military, they might all have been done in the context of war, untraceable or near to it.

just speculation. i am planning on, in my retirement, becoming an amateur investigator myself. ever since i was a very small child, i have wanted to be Nancy Drew. So i figure i will spend my time like Ms. Marple, investigating long-unsolved crimes- like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep leaning towards the fact that Angela knew her killer because of the way she was killed. It seemed very personal, like a stalker who's obsession with her spiraled out of control. Voiceinthewind mentioned the workout area in the apartment complex where Angela was taking aerobics classes and mentioned something about a personal trainer. What I am asking is for people to come onto the forum who knew Angela or even if you never met her, people who lived at that apartment which used to be known as Woodstone but is now called Villas at Cave Creek. If you are reading this and knew Angela or Melanie Bernas please come on here and chime in. Even if all you have is a small thing we are eager for any piece to this puzzle.

I also wanted to add this link that was from a google archive dated from 1993. In this discussion, you can see the impact the Brosso murder made locally in Phoenix which prompted many people to look into martial arts training. Lots of people remember this case and we need them to join the discussion.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.martial-arts/GzmDWWxGIKE

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

I am in agreement with House of 66, this parking lot gave me a "gut feeling" - something pulled me to it. I have lived in Phoenix for a bit now and I know the area pretty well for a newcomer. I became interested in this case when I first learned about it a few weeks ago - due to similar circumstances; two bodies have been found in the canal in the past month or so. I am not saying there is a connection, but since I live with my girlfriend, who enjoys working out and jogging around the canal I became very interested in the safety and patterns of the area...bringing me to this cold case, and this forum. I have driven to the area I linked above in Google maps. It's definitely eerie, especially knowing that a woman was found the way she was found there. I stood there in the heat during one afternoon just taking it all in. The parking lot that I posted above stood out to me instantly both in map form and being there in person. I also have been doing some internet research and have learned of a person who claims to have obtained the same bike she was riding that day "back in 1992 or 1993". Obviously there is more than one of these bikes in the world, so this is far from incriminating but from the looks of him he seemed to be within the age range of someone who could have been here in the early 90's - and upon further inspection of his internet patterns seems to not want to be found, again not incriminating, but just an odd observation. I don't know if anyone has presented this theory yet, so I will do so here - but it got me thinking, this person who I began to look into more lives in the U.K. now. From his patterns on YouTube and within the biking community he comes off as very, very odd indeed. His YouTube channel is full of video history such as terrorism videos, MMA fighting videos, and some anti-police/anti-government videos. These tendencies are not incriminating, but they do make me stop and think - could the killer have been here visiting family on vacation two years or so in a row and carried out these fantasies while gaining two really nice bikes? People have killed for less - so I don't put it past anyone, especially someone who chooses to brutally kill in the manner in which he has done. I find it very odd that the bicycles were taken, I turned to my girlfriend and said that was definitely a prime place to look into more clues regarding these homicides. If you find the bikes, you get one step closer to finding the killer. Other than that I don't have much else - so take this how it is, a simple piece of input to perhaps get more people thinking about what could have went down back in the 90's. The large gap of time makes me think someone got the hell out of the country, running from their sins. Just a thought.

Edited by WildUmbra
  • Like 1

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

I am in agreement with House of 66, this parking lot gave me a "gut feeling" - something pulled me to it. I have lived in Phoenix for a bit now and I know the area pretty well for a newcomer. I became interested in this case when I first learned about it a few weeks ago - due to similar circumstances; two bodies have been found in the canal in the past month or so. I am not saying there is a connection, but since I live with my girlfriend, who enjoys working out and jogging around the canal I became very interested in the safety and patterns of the area...bringing me to this cold case, and this forum. I have driven to the area I linked above in Google maps. It's definitely eerie, especially knowing that a woman was found the way she was found there. I stood there in the heat during one afternoon just taking it all in. The parking lot that I posted above stood out to me instantly both in map form and being there in person. I also have been doing some internet research and have learned of a person who claims to have obtained the same bike she was riding that day "back in 1992 or 1993". Obviously there is more than one of these bikes in the world, so this is far from incriminating but from the looks of him he seemed to be within the age range of someone who could have been here in the early 90's - and upon further inspection of his internet patterns seems to not want to be found, again not incriminating, but just an odd observation. I don't know if anyone has presented this theory yet, so I will do so here - but it got me thinking, this person who I began to look into more lives in the U.K. now. From his patterns on YouTube and within the biking community he comes off as very, very odd indeed. His YouTube channel is full of video history such as terrorism videos, MMA fighting videos, and some anti-police/anti-government videos. These tendencies are not incriminating, but they do make me stop and think - could the killer have been here visiting family on vacation two years or so in a row and carried out these fantasies while gaining two really nice bikes? People have killed for less - so I don't put it past anyone, especially someone who chooses to brutally kill in the manner in which he has done. I find it very odd that the bicycles were taken, I turned to my girlfriend and said that was definitely a prime place to look into more clues regarding these homicides. If you find the bikes, you get one step closer to finding the killer. Other than that I don't have much else - so take this how it is, a simple piece of input to perhaps get more people thinking about what could have went down back in the 90's. The large gap of time makes me think someone got the hell out of the country, running from their sins. Just a thought.

Can you please provide a link to this YouTube channel? If you have a name of the individual claiming to be in possession of Brosso's bike please email it to me. They will take down the forum if the rules are violated again.

These are some unique articles from a google archive in the aftermath of Angela's murder.

This first one interviews Brosso's neihbors.

http://news.google.c...pg=6958,2569567

The article states that the authorities believed "her head was removed somewhere other than where she was found." In my opinion, this lends credence to a stalking scenario. If Ms. Brosso was abducted and taken somewhere else to be killed and mutilated then brought back to the field adjacent to her complex, it seems likely that the killer knew where she lived and had been watching her. As to why the killer would mutilate her and leave her in that open place, the motive seems at least in part to be humiliation, especially if she was taken somewhere and brought back to that open space. I also think it's possible her head was kept, temporarily, as a trophy.

I'm curious if anyone has looked into a connection to another set of murders in Arizona a few years after the Brosso and Bernas cases. It seems to be a crime of opportunity committed by a man with a truck and the victims are similar to Brosso and Bernas. I have paraphrased and linked the story below.

Jennifer Lueth and Diana Shawcroft

Murdered: August 24, 1996

It was Memorial Day 1996. Three days earlier, Jennifer and Diana had left their Glendale apartment to walk to a mini-mart near the intersection of 59th Avenue and Camelback Road. They never returned.

The police investigation determined that Jennifer and Diana had arrived at the Glendale mini-mart around 7 p.m., where the cashier said they purchased cigarettes and a soda. For two hours they sat outside the store when suddenly a man pulled up in a faded ‘80s Chevy truck with tinted windows. The girls got inside the truck and were never seen alive again.

Police searched for the man and combed the surrounding desert. While the Lueths held out hope, as time passed they realized the increasing possibility that their daughter would not be found alive.

Then in August 1996, the Lueths’ worst fears were confirmed. Two men were hunting in a remote desert area 100 miles north of Phoenix, when they stumbled upon skeletal remains. Jennifer and Diana had been dumped over a ledge in southern Yavapai County, roughly 20 miles east of Interstate 17. Their badly decomposed bodies had to be identified through dental records.

http://www.timespubl...11-feature1.asp

Edited by petermattson

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone has looked into a connection to another set of murders in Arizona a few years after the Brosso and Bernas cases. It seems to be a crime of opportunity committed by a man with a truck and the victims are similar to Brosso and Bernas. I have paraphrased and linked the story below.

Jennifer Lueth and Diana Shawcroft

Murdered: August 24, 1996

It was Memorial Day 1996. Three days earlier, Jennifer and Diana had left their Glendale apartment to walk to a mini-mart near the intersection of 59th Avenue and Camelback Road. They never returned.

The police investigation determined that Jennifer and Diana had arrived at the Glendale mini-mart around 7 p.m., where the cashier said they purchased cigarettes and a soda. For two hours they sat outside the store when suddenly a man pulled up in a faded ‘80s Chevy truck with tinted windows. The girls got inside the truck and were never seen alive again.

Police searched for the man and combed the surrounding desert. While the Lueths held out hope, as time passed they realized the increasing possibility that their daughter would not be found alive.

Then in August 1996, the Lueths’ worst fears were confirmed. Two men were hunting in a remote desert area 100 miles north of Phoenix, when they stumbled upon skeletal remains. Jennifer and Diana had been dumped over a ledge in southern Yavapai County, roughly 20 miles east of Interstate 17. Their badly decomposed bodies had to be identified through dental records.

http://www.timespubl...11-feature1.asp

Maybe but it isnt the same area its over in southern Glendale while Brosso and Bernes were dumped in the canal that runs on Metrocenters southern side and Brosso's body was discovered next to her apartment 3 miles north of Metrocenter. If DNA connected the girls from Glendale to the girls in Phoenix then I think the police would have let the public know.

• Like 1

Maybe but it isnt the same area its over in southern Glendale while Brosso and Bernes were dumped in the canal that runs on Metrocenters southern side and Brosso's body was discovered next to her apartment 3 miles north of Metrocenter. If DNA connected the girls from Glendale to the girls in Phoenix then I think the police would have let the public know.

Hopefully the police were able to compare DNA between the cases. There may have been nothing of use in that regard as the bodies were only identified through dental records. The potential connection, beyond the similarity of the victims, is Interstate 17. Not being from the area, I don't know whether that road is being used simply as a reference point in discussing the cases or if the fact that the bodies are all found in proximity to I-17 is significant.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know about Chris B. and Ronald M. ? These seem to be "Ronnie and Chris" the suspicious individuals who were seen with Brosso's bike according to VoiceintheWind on the old thread. After I and another user made the mistake of revealing their last names publicly on the forum it was shut down and I had to begin this new one. If you would like their last names you can email me privately and I will email you their mugshots but we must not post their last names or else the moderators with delete this forum and possibly ban you. The theory involving these men was they considered themselves "warlocks" and were into crossdressing and drug useage/dealing and lived at the apartment but frequented Sunnyslope. Back in the day Sunnyslope was well known as the Meth and drug capital of the Phoenix Metro area. It has been cleaned up somewhat over the years but remains a shady area. We need people who lived in the area at the time to shed light on suspicious activities and if they knew about the Halloween party at Brosso's apartment a week before she was killed.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the 22nd anniversary of the death of Angela Brosso. If her family is reading this I want you to know that there are still people in the world who havent given up finding the people responsible.

• 3 weeks later...

Well OK, here is my POSSIBLE theory for this crime. I once worked with a guy who I thought may have had something to do with this. I did not work with him at in the exact era of the murder, but around about one to two years after. I remember the news coverage every night for about two weeks involved the search for the victim's missing head. I thought how insensitive that was and how horrible it must have been for her parents to hear that for so long. I think that's what made this particular crime horrific and unforgettable for me.

Anyway, we were talking in a group of guys one day at a job site and somehow this topic of the Ms. Brosso's murder came up. I had recently been over to visit this co-worker and he lived at 25th ave and Cactus. We spent some time in his backyard which backed up to the greenbelt area and was about 12 houses north of Cactus, which I recall reading was around where Angela was riding her bicycle on the night of the crime. I didn't really put the location together with the murder until sometime later when computers could show aerial maps and I could see the proximity to the crime scene. Now here are the reasons I became suspicious: 1. Proximity to the murder scene or her last known place she intended to go riding. 2. This guy was a tree trimmer, who had just gone back to the construction industry to work, and possessed the tools necessary to de-capitate someone (tree trimming saws, knives and other equipment) 3. known for his incredible hand strength. 4. was recently divorced and had what seemed to be a resentment toward all women. 5. DID NOT mention that he lived so close to this event while we were discussing it at lunch, in fact to my recollection, had NOTHING to say about the topic at all. 6. became or claimed to become a very Christian man who was struggling with an addiction to pornography. 7. I seemed to recall also he had no roommate or children living with him at the time of my visit to his house. 8. One of the things he wanted to do while I was visiting was shoot birds that were in his backyard apple tree, just for the fun of it. OK, I guess I get the sport of it, but it seemed a weird activity to do. I emailed Phoenix police several times, but received no response, so eventually just let it go. My wife told me not to get involved as it most likely did not involve him. I know that this person went on to get re-married and have a couple of children and seemed to live a normal life. I have not heard from him in maybe 14 or so years, but there was just something in all of those details which I described that just struck a chord in me. Probably nothing there, but I always wondered, why no response at all during that lunchtime discussion? I would assume the police would have questioned everyone living in the immediate area. Why was that not mentioned? Oh, and he also had eyes kinda like a shark, almost seemed soulless....

Edited by breadman
  • Like 1

I have what I believe to be a strange lead in this case, but it is fairly incriminating on my part. I will briefly explain, as I am at work. If anyone wants to hear more, I'll gladly oblige this evening.

Long story short, I was involved in a break-in as a juvenile in 1995-96 at an abandoned Woodstone apartment. The man had been sending rent checks from out of the country for over a year or so, and had his bicycle chained outside his front door (which had spider webs, and debris stuck to is, as if it has been untouched). Inside the apartment was pretty eerie. Most of his belongings abandoned, along with TONS of electronics (early age digital cameras, computers, gaming systems) and garbage nearly elbow high in some parts of the apartment. Now, I was being mischievous, I was in no way a drug addict or burglar by trade. But I did see a picture of what I assumed to be this man on one of the digital cameras. He was terrifying looking, and had obviously been living in a state of depression or psychosis due to the state of his apartment, and his strange disappearance that went seemingly unnoticed. YEARS later, when reading a ten year follow up about the Brosso murder, which I never forgot, I got a sick feeling to my stomach. I may have been in the murders home.

• 2 weeks later...

The article states that the authorities believed "her head was removed somewhere other than where she was found." In my opinion, this lends credence to a stalking scenario. If Ms. Brosso was abducted and taken somewhere else to be killed and mutilated then brought back to the field adjacent to her complex, it seems likely that the killer knew where she lived and had been watching her. As to why the killer would mutilate her and leave her in that open place, the motive seems at least in part to be humiliation, especially if she was taken somewhere and brought back to that open space. I also think it's possible her head was kept, temporarily, as a trophy.

I would agree with the stalker theory here, though it seems to hold far more credibility with the first murder rather than the second. The way the poor girl was mutilated, its like there was a deep-seated issue there, like a hatred of her personally, or perhaps to women in general. Perhaps she was a doppelganger for a woman that had perhaps made some mistakes and upset someone previously and she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The second murder isnt as graphic, which makes me think of it perhaps being an 'opportunity' murder. The killer was a willing participant, she was in the wrong place, she copped it. Sadly many murders are committed on opportunity just because someone is upset or feeling rough.

Going to take a look at some of the further material here now, just had a quick read of the OP and did a bit of googling, now starts the research :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I see we got some interesting new posts since I've been gone!

1: ok breadman what is the name of your co worker?

2: @notforgottonvitins do you know the name of the guy you robbed? Any warlock memorabilia? Cross dressing stuff?

3: good observations danibear

4: @ followers of the forum is their anything you haven't added yet to this discussion?

If the authorities have dna and it has never been matched, I would say the perpetrator is either dead, or lives overseas . If they had continued murdering, their dna would have turned up again , imo .

Well OK, here is my POSSIBLE theory for this crime. I once worked with a guy who I thought may have had something to do with this. I did not work with him at in the exact era of the murder, but around about one to two years after. I remember the news coverage every night for about two weeks involved the search for the victim's missing head. I thought how insensitive that was and how horrible it must have been for her parents to hear that for so long. I think that's what made this particular crime horrific and unforgettable for me.

Anyway, we were talking in a group of guys one day at a job site and somehow this topic of the Ms. Brosso's murder came up. I had recently been over to visit this co-worker and he lived at 25th ave and Cactus. We spent some time in his backyard which backed up to the greenbelt area and was about 12 houses north of Cactus, which I recall reading was around where Angela was riding her bicycle on the night of the crime. I didn't really put the location together with the murder until sometime later when computers could show aerial maps and I could see the proximity to the crime scene. Now here are the reasons I became suspicious: 1. Proximity to the murder scene or her last known place she intended to go riding. 2. This guy was a tree trimmer, who had just gone back to the construction industry to work, and possessed the tools necessary to de-capitate someone (tree trimming saws, knives and other equipment) 3. known for his incredible hand strength. 4. was recently divorced and had what seemed to be a resentment toward all women. 5. DID NOT mention that he lived so close to this event while we were discussing it at lunch, in fact to my recollection, had NOTHING to say about the topic at all. 6. became or claimed to become a very Christian man who was struggling with an addiction to pornography. 7. I seemed to recall also he had no roommate or children living with him at the time of my visit to his house. 8. One of the things he wanted to do while I was visiting was shoot birds that were in his backyard apple tree, just for the fun of it. OK, I guess I get the sport of it, but it seemed a weird activity to do. I emailed Phoenix police several times, but received no response, so eventually just let it go. My wife told me not to get involved as it most likely did not involve him. I know that this person went on to get re-married and have a couple of children and seemed to live a normal life. I have not heard from him in maybe 14 or so years, but there was just something in all of those details which I described that just struck a chord in me. Probably nothing there, but I always wondered, why no response at all during that lunchtime discussion? I would assume the police would have questioned everyone living in the immediate area. Why was that not mentioned? Oh, and he also had eyes kinda like a shark, almost seemed soulless....

Can you get me the address of where your friend lived? What company was it that he worked for?

I have been doing some research and it seems these cases may be linked also. One an unsolved Arizona murder, and the other a murder in California.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-07-18/news/mn-16938_1_newport-beach

http://dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1086&ArticleID=103599

Once you read, you'll see the possible link. Or maybe they are not? Just seems very eerie that this murderer must have went back and forth between AZ and CA in '87-'93. Caught in 1994.

I have been doing some research and it seems these cases may be linked also. One an unsolved Arizona murder, and the other a murder in California.

http://articles.lati...1_newport-beach

http://dcourier.com/...rticleID=103599

Once you read, you'll see the possible link. Or maybe they are not? Just seems very eerie that this murderer must have went back and forth between AZ and CA in '87-'93. Caught in 1994.

If someone was arrested and sentenced to prison DNA sample would have been taken so its unlikely in that case however the Prescott girl and her death is very similar and makes you think if its connected. Thanks for brining this up I will research this.

If someone was arrested and sentenced to prison DNA sample would have been taken so its unlikely in that case however the Prescott girl and her death is very similar and makes you think if its connected. Thanks for brining this up I will research this.

DNA is pretty much foolproof, but people are not and that includes investigators. This man was 37 yrs old when caught. I do not believe this was his first victim in CA or AZ.