Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

The Theory Of Evolution Explained

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Here is a summary of the theory of evolution:

Edited by The Lone Ranger, 13 June 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work  - Indian Proverb

#2    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostThe Lone Ranger, on 13 June 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Here is a summary of the theory of evolution:

I can't tell if you're just trying to be funny or if you agree with the video.

Edited by Odin11, 14 June 2013 - 01:37 AM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostOdin11, on 14 June 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

I can't tell if you're just trying to be funny or if you agree with the video.
Judging from their post history, I'd say the latter, they seem to think mathematics is proof of Intelligent design.

#5    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 14 June 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Judging from their post history, I'd say the latter, they seem to think mathematics is proof of Intelligent design.

Yeah I realized that it was the latter after I looked at some of his past content. You would think he has a hard time understanding why South Park is funny, as he doesn’t seem to understand that they are making fun of people who are anti-evolution, i.e. Mrs. Garrison throwing poop at Dawkins = how intelligent design people debate.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#6    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Haha i just thought it was funny. It does give a brief summary though....

View PostRlyeh, on 14 June 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Why are you refering to me as multiple persons (their and they)?

@Odin11
C`mon you really shouldn`t judge people like that and why do you think you know how i understand things.
Like the fact that according to you i don`t understand South Park and apparently i am not developed enough to see the difference between satire and seriousness.

If one judges that which he does not know, he only limits himself.

Edited by The Lone Ranger, 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work  - Indian Proverb

#7    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Edited by The Lone Ranger, 14 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

If you want your ancestors, swinging from trees, that's your business.....

#9    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

A GOOD BBC documentary I just saw:

Warning! Shows graphic images. Viewer discretion is advised!

This is a VERY good documentary, explaining the links between Darwinism and Eugenics. I really think more people should see this.
I've been doing a lot of research and reading into Darwinism, Eugenics, and Malthus. Might want to check this stuff out....

Edited by Kowalski, 14 June 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Another good one:

This documentary presents an aspect of the theory of evolution that has so far remained hidden. It unveils the ideological links between Darwinism and totalitarian ideologies like fascism and communism. You will see the fruits of Darwinism in the killing fields of Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostKowalski, on 14 June 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

If you want your ancestors, swinging from trees, that's your business.....
I prefer that to it being my posterity.

That wrong conclusions can be drawn from true premises does not make the true premises untrue.  This is basic logic.

#12    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostKowalski, on 14 June 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Another good one:

This documentary presents an aspect of the theory of evolution that has so far remained hidden. It unveils the ideological links between Darwinism and totalitarian ideologies like fascism and communism. You will see the fruits of Darwinism in the killing fields of Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

So what? You can't pick and choose which bits of science you want to be real. The fact that people use eugenics doesn't make evolution any less true. Its like saying "people use guns to kill, so I don't believe in metallurgy".

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostThe Lone Ranger, on 14 June 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Why are you refering to me as multiple persons (their and they)?
I'm not.
Obviously you're new to the english language if this is the first time you've seen their and they used as singular.

http://grammar.about...ngular-They.htm

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostKowalski, on 14 June 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I bet they also believed in mathematics and gravity too. Those b*******!

/facepalm

Edit: BTW Social Darwinism isn't Evolution. Blaming Darwin or Darwinism for something they didn't promote is inane.

http://scienceblogs....on-to-nazi-eug/

Edited by Rlyeh, 14 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#15    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

@Kowalski, it looks interesting i`ll look at it sometime.

View PostRlyeh, on 14 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm not.
Obviously you're new to the english language if this is the first time you've seen their and they used as singular.

http://grammar.about...ngular-They.htm

Despite the fact that i don`t really like to go into this i`ll do just do it anyway
you may notice the following in your link:
Though strict prescriptive grammarians regard the singular they as a grammatical error,
and
The "singular" they is the use of this pronoun as a gender-neutral singular rather than as a plural pronoun. The correctness of this usage is disputed.[1][2] The Oxford Dictionaries have an article on the usage, saying that it dates back to the 16th century.[3]
The singular pronoun they is even found in formal or official texts. For example, a 2008 amendment to the Canadian Criminal Code contains the following text:

if a peace officer has reasonable grounds to believe that, because of their physical condition, a person may be incapable of providing a breath sample... (subparagraph 254(3)(a)(ii))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They
2 things are noticed: 1 my gender is known (see profile info)  and second you are refering to me and not to a general usage as in When a person talks too much, they learn little."

The fact that this is an international website gives away 2 things: first my understanding of english is not as good as a native (therefore lacking full knowledge of terms and usage) and second is the fact that the correctness of this usage is disputed and even seen as an grammatical error. Therefore we can say it is more than logic that my school (not based in an english speaking country) would not teach this usage.

The only thing that is obvious is that we judge different considering you think that everyone has a perfect understanding of english and therefore cannot make mistakes or that simply because i did not heard of it before i`m new to the language. Either way i posted this earlier and i shall post it again:   If one judges that which he does not know, he only limits himself.   

I`m not here to start an negative discussion with you i`m only here to learn. There is no need to be negative towards each other.

Edited by The Lone Ranger, 14 June 2013 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users