Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Walking stick figures.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Favorite 1960's hippie quote:
    "I just hate people who hate people"

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

This is a very different kind of "Thing" which was supposedly caught on a security camera. It shows two stick figures walking across someone's lawn.

This is truly bizarre. What do you think? I've seen some cheezy videos before but I'm half way inclined to believe this one:

Posted Image

#2    Ozner

Ozner

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

Wow... this is strange. I don't know what to make of it. My first thought was that it was some kind of light or error on the camera, but this can't be because the thing has a shadow. Very creepy, and great find btw.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

#3    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

this was posted here before.
not any more interesting this time around either, i'm afraid

#4    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

I don't know, I find it pretty interesting. I can't recall what conclusions were made in the other thread but if it's not a hoax then I couldn't even hazard a guess.

Posted Image

#5    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

weird

SRS

#6    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,718 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

So this thing was already on video, right?

So why wasn't the original used rather than video taping the screen as it was playing the original?
The classic, camera moving around and jiggling is too predicable.

Admittedly it is odd but I am still inclined to think it was hoaxed.

#7    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Ryu, on 06 March 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

So this thing was already on video, right?

So why wasn't the original used rather than video taping the screen as it was playing the original?
The classic, camera moving around and jiggling is too predicable.

Admittedly it is odd but I am still inclined to think it was hoaxed.
i can't remember what thread the other video was on but i don't recall it being a video of a video as this one is. seems to me it was the original.

#8    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,718 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

I am looking at the video Sergeant posted and when you look at it, especially at around 40 to 43 seconds you clearly see the video screen which the supposed original CCTV vid is playing on.

Because someone was recording this video as it was playing, there is going to be a loss of resolution which leads me to think this was all a prank.

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

Ryu, on 06 March 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

I am looking at the video Sergeant posted and when you look at it, especially at around 40 to 43 seconds you clearly see the video screen which the supposed original CCTV vid is playing on.

Because someone was recording this video as it was playing, there is going to be a loss of resolution which leads me to think this was all a prank.
i found the video - it's not the original after all, but a bit better visuals
i'm not sure if i know how to embed it - i have the link but every time i try to do it it won't work
edit :ugh...
here's the link to the youtube vid
here's the link to the thread i saw the video on

Edited by JGirl, 06 March 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

Couple of things.

The locomotion of the thing was walking. Walking requires friction. There was a comment on the video that it did not touch the ground. If it was not touching the ground it would not need a walking motion to travel, because it would not be using friction against the ground to move.

It had a shadow, so it was a real non introduced object with clear bilogical locomotion. My guess..... Somone A kid maby in a sheet . There is a cloth flowing atribute by one of the legs. I have a tree year old. If I threw a small sheet like a ghost outfit on him, it would look like that. Especially if he kept his arms down to his sides.

Edited by Seeker79, 06 March 2011 - 02:27 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

Oh, yes I looked again. It's a toddler.

It even had that side side gate they use my guess is 2-3 years old but not much older.

Fun to watch but it's a toddler in a costume.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

November is just after Halloween.

Scenerio. Kids were messing around in their Halloween costumes. It looked weird on the video so they sent it to someone.

Anyone else with a theory?

Bruce Lee-

#13    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

Tempus Edax Rerum

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

Fake. Notice how there is a seeming jump forward in frames as the person in the vid is talking then suddenly this thing appears.

Also there is some odd pixilation as the creature disappears behind the persons head. ALSO the perspective and size differential seems odd.

If people are going to continue creating fakes and hoaxes, couldn't they at least be a bit more imaginative?

#15    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

it's the aliens!!! Jk jk. I don't know what it is but it's really creepy.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users