Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Laughter is Healing!

Arpee

When a person has a Near Death Experience (when they are dying, leaving their bodies and seeing The Light) their brain produces gamma waves which are the most powerful in the brain. These are the only wave frequencies that engage the entire brain at once. When scientists induced gamma waves while a person was sleeping, they woke up in their dream and had a Lucid Dream. These frequencies represent the highest awareness/consciousness known.

Laughter produces these same brain waves.

Laughter is healing. It improves the function of blood vessels, reduces the risk of heart problems, relaxes the body, relieves stress and tension (good for social awkwardness), and increases the immune system. Laughter is healing. It's a good thing the Spiritual community is focusing on this more with Laughter-Yoga, and Holy Laugh (feeling The Holy Spirit and Laughing).

Increase the consciousness of the planet. Release those Gamma waves, heal and laugh. Laughter is contagious.

• Like 3

I know. But it's difficult to laugh. I can only laugh to really filthy jokes, like David Cross and Joe Rogan.

• Like 1

I think one of the first steps to take - is to be able to laugh at ourselves.

It's certainly true - laughter does make you feel a whole lot better.

• Like 5

Laughter is a healer in some circumstances. There are different types of laughter. Some laughter is cruel.

• Like 4

hahahahahhahahhahahahahaha

• Like 4

Is there a link to the study? I find my pets will do a least one thing a day that will make me laugh. Failing that, there is always Walmart.

• Like 3

hahahahahhahahhahahahahaha

Well, that made me laugh. Thanks :tu:

Is there a link to the study? I find my pets will do a least one thing a day that will make me laugh. Failing that, there is always Walmart.

I use to work for Walmart. I worked for them for four years. That was fours years of daily need to laugh!!!! :o
  • Like 2

When iam down I wa th funny TV shows

You should YouTube their outtakes. Hilarious!!! :yes: The Scrub's outtakes got me through some really tough times.

• 1 month later...

There are many sources. I won't link them all because it will take a while to find them all but here are two:

http://time.com/84987/laughter-may-be-the-new-meditation/

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/04/15/5-types-of-brain-waves-frequencies-gamma-beta-alpha-theta-delta/

When a person has a Near Death Experience (when they are dying, leaving their bodies and seeing The Light) their brain produces gamma waves which are the most powerful in the brain. These are the only wave frequencies that engage the entire brain at once. When scientists induced gamma waves while a person was sleeping, they woke up in their dream and had a Lucid Dream. These frequencies represent the highest awareness/consciousness known.

Laughter produces these same brain waves.

Laughter is healing. It improves the function of blood vessels, reduces the risk of heart problems, relaxes the body, relieves stress and tension (good for social awkwardness), and increases the immune system. Laughter is healing. It's a good thing the Spiritual community is focusing on this more with Laughter-Yoga, and Holy Laugh (feeling The Holy Spirit and Laughing).

Increase the consciousness of the planet. Release those Gamma waves, heal and laugh. Laughter is contagious.

I do believe laugh is healing, especially if you have a locked jaw.

I wonder if gamma waves are produced while a person is deep in a creative process such as writing a detailed and engrossing novel or recording intricate and deeply affecting music. Maybe this gamma wave - near death experience relation is part of the deeper reason people who exhibit masochistic behavior volunteer their bodies for torturous rituals like this:

Perhaps these things bring them closer to their own death, inducing the gamma waves in their brains. It could be like a drug.

I know I tend to get in a rather silly, giggly mood when things tends to get serious - Don't know why? But I am always laughing at the stupid things I do, even when they are rather painful!

One time, I reached for my open tackle box that was sliding off the bow of our boat - Big Mistake!

Buried a 3 prong hook from a rebel plug in my thumb so deep I knew I was going to have to push it through!

Sat there giggling to myself and thinking - I REALLY wish I hadn't done that! LOL! :D

• Like 1

I know I tend to get in a rather silly, giggly mood when things tends to get serious - Don't know why? But I am always laughing at the stupid things I do, even when they are rather painful!

One time, I reached for my open tackle box that was sliding off the bow of our boat - Big Mistake!

Buried a 3 prong hook from a rebel plug in my thumb so deep I knew I was going to have to push it through!

Sat there giggling to myself and thinking - I REALLY wish I hadn't done that! LOL! :D

In that case, laugh could not be healing.