Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gunman shoots Boston police officer

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,191 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

breaking news, just turned TV on and heard it on BBC

Gunman shoots and KILLS Boston police officer at MIT
Security guard reportedly wounded in shooting incident at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston.

NOW CONFIRMED DEATH

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22211764

http://news.yahoo.co...-034906627.html

http://www.aljazeera...3337266189.html

Boston needs a break this week...

edit to update post / links

Edited by seeder, 19 April 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,260 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

It was actually just a security guard at MIT, not a police officer.... not to say that that lessens the severity of the crime, though...

http://jacksonville....-outside-boston

MIT security guard shot and killed on campus outside Boston
Posted: April 19, 2013 - 12:21am  |  Updated: April 19, 2013 - 12:55am   

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — State police say a campus police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has suffered life-threatening injuries in a shooting on the campus outside Boston.

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,191 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 19 April 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

It was actually just a security guard at MIT, not a police officer.... not to say that that lessens the severity of the crime, though...

http://jacksonville....-outside-boston

Cz

now the news is saying 2 shooters with constant gunfire, and a bomb going off

edit: a link may help!!

The shooting of a police officer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology has sparked a massive police operation in the Boston area, with reports of automatic gunfire and explosions

http://www.smh.com.a...0419-2i4xc.html

Im getting my news from Sky news live on TV

Edited by Sky Scanner, 19 April 2013 - 09:26 AM.
removed insult

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,191 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

reddit has gone down when they were reporting the story

We had to briefly remove the emergency.mit.edu link due to traffic issues, (it is used by the MIT community when emergencies occur).

Mods removed thread: Live updates of Boston Situation (self.news)

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

The news here in nyc,is saying it was a police officer . They're saying this is absolutely connected to the bombing .
They were MIT students,and now one is dead.
The whole thing expanded into a shoot out in Watertown

Miss me?

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Suspect number two,with the white baseball cap,from the Boston marathon bombing  ,Caucasian ,long Brown hair ,is now a fugative .He's considered armed and dangerous .The second bombing suspect was shot and killed by police ..

Miss me?

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Stop fighting guys ! This is about the bombings. Two officers are shot. One dead,one badly .The cops in oston are saying,they were police officers.
Bombs were also found

Miss me?

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

To clarify ,the MIT officer ,IS A POLICE OFFICER ,he just works over by MIT.
They said these guys were throwing grenades at the cops ! Stop arguing and go google and post some links

Miss me?

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

The shooting was with the two marathon bombing suspects . Two cops shot. one is dead .
One suspect shot dead. Second suspect on the run. considered armed and dangerous. They threw grenades at the cops !
Pressure cooker bombs found.
Suspect with the white cap is on the loose. They are doing a door to door search of houses. Residents advised to not ans door except to the police. Shoot out covered two neighborhoods

Miss me?

#10    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Suspect number two,with the white baseball cap,from the Boston marathon bombing  ,Caucasian ,long Brown hair ,is now a fugative .He's considered armed and dangerous .The second bombing suspect was shot and killed by police ..
Apparently the Boston Police Commissioner said that himself, on twitter. A Police Commissioner on twitter? Doesn't seem right somehow.

Edited by Sky Scanner, 19 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.
removed deleted post

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#11    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,669 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 19 April 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Agreed...and perhaps you can explain how someone adding new information to a topic under discussion is not "correcting" or pointing out "weak links"... its actually discussion, which is what this board is about...

Cz

I suspect you two had little more then crossed wires as to why the links were posted. It appears you've both cleared that issue up now though so we can move back to the topic at hand.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

FBI on scene . MIT police officer is dead,and a transit cop has been critically injured .
I am hearing one suspect was originally in custody . How we went from in custody to dead,is anyone's guess.
Unexploded devices are on the scene ,and are being disarmed .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 19 April 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Suspect number two ,with the white cap ,is on the loose. Suspect number one,with the dark cap,is dead.
FBI has shown other images of the two,face close ups .
The fugitive suspect was seen at a seven eleven earlier yesterday,in a grey hoodie .
As far as I can tell,they were not MIT students,but don't quote me. Details of where they found them ,are fuzzy ,but it started in Cambridge,and ended in Watertown mass .

Some residents had bullets come into their homes,and they heard exploding bombs .

20 block perimeter lock down .

Miss me?

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 19 April 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

I suspect you two had little more then crossed wires as to why the links were posted. It appears you've both cleared that issue up now though so we can move back to the topic at hand.

I made the other thread,because the two arguing just did nothing for the topic.
Should have used my title ;)

Miss me?

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Suspect number one was taken into custody .how he ended up deceased,is still unknown , apparently suspect number two car jacked an SUV in Cambridge ,police gave chase. Explosive devices were throw at cops from the car . Some detonated,some did not .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users