Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Yowie Episode

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

The sounds that some animals make will make you think it came from a much larger animal.  The wildlife can get wild.  Posted Image

#17    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Wow, looks like they had to go all the way down under to find shady people to hook up with.......one would have thought there were planty here.

:w00t:

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,145 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 01 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Mount Warren Park is right next to the freeway about halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. This is closer to where psyche101 lives so perhaps he can give a better indication of how squatchy the place is but from the map it appears to be rural/residential backing onto some hilly forest/scrub.

NW, as usual, you rock!

I do not watch that crap, at least not on TV.

From what I have seen, every sport they go to either has tire tracks, or looks very close to urban areas.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

A blast from the past:

View PostTia, on 03 May 2008 - 12:22 PM, said:

I also have prints of paw tracks and after being reviewed by an expert he put them down to a possible panther but more likely marsupial lion.
http://www.unexplain...wtopic=22628= tia  lion&st=0

View PostTia, on 04 January 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

Here's the print's again..... Posted Image

With a 75cm gap between prints.....

Posted Image

A professor looked at these pictures and actually felt they were more related to the marsupial lion due to the three toes in front, find the thread it's all there.
http://www.unexplain...n

The pics no longer works but I believe Gary Opit was also the expert/professor who identified the tracks for Tia as possibly "marsupial lion" or "panther"...

Please correct me if I am wrong, Tia, and are you able to repost those images for posterity?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,804 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Thanks, NW.
--The only mention of Gilroy was when they went to Kilroy. Which they called the “Bluff Creek” of Australia.
“Rex Gilroy was doin’ stuff starting about ’75.” Bobo
That was it. Then they told the story of  a  well-known encounter involving 2 kids.

The team did 4 night expeditions. THEIR Results and Summaries were as follows:
Night One: Near Opit’s encounter and wildlife preserve.
Results: “thump” which was possibly a heavy wood knock
“ambiguous noises” “maybe some wood knocks”
Summary: “Awesome!”

Night Two: Near where the goats were hung in the tree.
Results: Heard things moving in and out of the brush. Kangaroos?
Summary: Ton of food and room and jungle for Yowie to eat and hide and live.

Night Three:
Results: Cliff heard (2) clap responses to his handclaps. They heard a roar or yell which resulted in the usual surprised look on their faces but not a big deal made of it. Heard something large moving in and out of the tree line. Heard a snag (dead tree) tear down.
Summary: “Crazy Night” “Top 10 of BF nights”

Day investigation: found two bare footprints which “looked human”.

Last Night: Kangaroo Sanctuary (tagged a K with a GPS collar)
Results: heard dingos
Bobo heard “talking” “wasn’t English” “no language I ever heard” “maybe two of them”
Summary: “It has me trippin’.” Bobo He was highly excited about this one. Well, as “excited” as Bobo can get.

More shtuff:
--Aboriginals and Yowies have co-existed for centuries
-- a couple of the eyewitness accounts were of very large BF-sized creatures
--Moneymaker did his own solo investigation which resulted in no sounds or sightings

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 January 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#21    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Who agrees that the highlight of this 2 hour debacle... was the campfire bird?

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#22    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,804 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

(Kookaburra)
And the view of the basin...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#23    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,075 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 01 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Mount Warren Park is right next to the freeway about halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. This is closer to where psyche101 lives so perhaps he can give a better indication of how squatchy the place is but from the map it appears to be rural/residential backing onto some hilly forest/scrub.
It's a LOT closer to me!  And I can tell you that it isn't 'squatchy' at all.  Like much of sprawling suburban outer Brisbane it is a mixture of residential areas with a scattering of natural forest areas.  There are a MULTITUDE of tracks and pathways through those forest areas, they are mostly very accessible and often surround small hills, often with installations on them (like water tanks, weather radar, aerials, or in some cases, motorcycle/bmx tracks..)..  I am bit of an explorer and love to hike through these areas, and have never seen anything unusual, either on or off the tracks.  None of the area could be considered remotely 'remote' (geddit?) or inaccessible.

I just had a quick look through my picture collection to see if I could find something that gives any help visualising the sort of 'forest' we have in the area, and this is the closest I could find. A short distance from me is this nature reserve inc. swampland - you can see that it abuts residential areas:

The slope to the left shows the sort of 'wilderness' (grin) we have here - note how open it is - easy trekking..  That slope goes up to a small hill, atop which is a weather radar installation ('Mount Stapylton'), with various access tracks.  The 'Mount' is just 150m asl, so it barely qualifies as a hill..  Anyway, that sort of thing will give you an idea of the 'worst' our area has..  not exactly remote wilderness.. and the vast majority looks exactly like any other concreted, bitumenised residential suburb.

Further, this is not a local discussion topic or of any mainstream interest here whatsoever.  I was a bit surprised to hear of this, although having heard what these jokers do to make money (cough) ... well, say no more!

Anyway, I'm happy to answer any questions, provide more pictures, investigate any particular areas or leads... :D

Edited by Saru, 31 July 2014 - 10:38 PM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#24    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

NW I didn't return to this forum to be put under the microscope, 2012 was a really bad year and a just want a peaceful 2013.

As you know I longer speak to AYR and had to close down most of my previous work because of an 'unknown' source hacking my a/c and putting up my little girls pictures all over the AYR site.

I was first put in contact with Gary Opit I think it was in 2010/11? In our exchanges I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with AYR. He just gave me some info in regards to certain things happening at the time. (doesn't matter what)

It was an ex AYR member and ex member from here that gave me the contact to expert, that thread is so old I don't remember the guys name and I've been through a few computers since then so NO I don't have a record of it. Back then there was no reason too as far as I was concerned. There still isn't but due to harassment I keep copies of everything that's important now.

Now I ask that you don't bring me into crap like this, from the tiny bits of this show I've seen they're a bunch of morons. Like I said I don't need it and while trying to make me look like a liar would surely make you happy I'll report you straight away if you start up again.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#25    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,804 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 01 January 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Further, this is not a local discussion topic or of any mainstream interest here whatsoever.  I was a bit surprised to hear of this, although having heard what these jokers do to make money (cough) ... well, say no more!

Anyway, I'm happy to answer any questions, provide more pictures, investigate any particular areas or leads... :D

Thank you, Chrizs!

Yes, even Cliff said at the beginning of the show " So little data for Yowie exists people who live here think it doesn't exist."

Moneymaker made a show of Warren Park about the vast vegetation and how easy for Yowie to hide and get enough food.
They looked down on some vast "basin" while in the park. Again, showing the vast vegetation, I guess.

#26    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,145 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 01 January 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I believe this has been mentioned, I mean, I know I mentioned it also, when it comes to the Pacific Northwest......No one here talks of this crud, and no one here has interest in it.

If, and I mean very rare, someone brings up bigfoot, it is in a jokingly manner.

But hey, ask any of the research groups, and they are everywhere here.

I so want to go to one of BFRO's " town hall meetings"
.....The segment would not make tv.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#27    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,804 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

This was our first attempt at finding bigfoot last night. It was surprisingly effective. Can't take credit as it was Bobo's idea.

Can you count the number of giant curious party crashers lurking about? If you listen carefully you can hear them too!

I’d have posted on the Trail Cam thread but didn’t want upstage anyone with my foots.

https://vimeo.com/56605651

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 January 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#28    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostTia, on 01 January 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Now I ask that you don't bring me into crap like this, from the tiny bits of this show I've seen they're a bunch of morons. Like I said I don't need it and while trying to make me look like a liar would surely make you happy I'll report you straight away if you start up again.

???

I was asking for your input here, Tia. That is all. I am aware that you do not wish to discuss your claims outside of a very limited context and I will respect that. I still think you have much to offer in regards to the broader understanding of the Yowie/Bigfoot phenomenon so if/when you are ready then I will be all ears...

Hope 2013 is better for you.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

#29    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,145 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

This was our first attempt at finding bigfoot last night. It was surprisingly effective. Can't take credit as it was Bobo's idea.

Can you count the number of giant curious party crashers lurking about? If you listen carefully you can hear them too!

I’d have posted on the Trail Cam thread but didn’t want upstage anyone with my foots.

I hope others get this, I did !!!!!

:nw:   :clap:   :tsu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#30    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

J.M. Smith

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostSakari, on 01 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

I believe this has been mentioned, I mean, I know I mentioned it also, when it comes to the Pacific Northwest......No one here talks of this crud, and no one here has interest in it.

If, and I mean very rare, someone brings up bigfoot, it is in a jokingly manner.

Unless you know ALL the people in a region then I think it is unfair to say that no-one talks of Bigfoot or has any interest in it because, inevitably, some individuals and their social circles in any region DO talk about Bigfoot and DO have a serious interest in the subject. Unless you are socially connected to these individuals and groups then it will certainly appear that no-one in the region talks about it. However, the flipside is that if you are socially connected to such individuals and groups then it will certainly appear that all or most people in the region are into Bigfoot and the like.

It is a matter of perception and it is why Yowie/Bigfoot is both everywhere and nowhere. Everything we think we know about Yowie/Bigfoot largely comes from these individuals and their social groupings. Every region has them. They are not bad folk (no worse than anyone else), they are colourful and provide a valuable function to the broader society by cultivating a sense of wonder, awe, and enchantment about the immediate world around us. Myths are important to us and how better to cultivate the myth than by living it and experiencing it!

“thump” which was possibly a heavy wood knock
“ambiguous noises” “maybe some wood knocks”
Heard things moving in and out of the brush. Kangaroos?

Cliff heard (2) clap responses to his handclaps. They heard a roar or yell which resulted in the usual surprised look on their faces but not a big deal made of it. Heard something large moving in and out of the tree line. Heard a snag (dead tree) tear down.
heard dingos
Bobo heard “talking” “wasn’t English” “no language I ever heard” “maybe two of them”

Yowie? If you believe so then such events become powerful personal experiences infused with meaning and the story grows in significance for the relevant social circles. For everyone else these are simply mundane occurances within the Australian bush at night...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users