Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I am agnostic ,so where do I go?

rob lester

This topic should be fun....

I am agnostic , I do believe something made us for a reason , but what?......What should i look towards for some "guidence"...So many religions , so little "proof" for me...I need to see 100% in something to actually follow it....Paganism looks cool , but so does Buddasim...Christianity not so fond of.....

Where do I go?...How and when do i decide?.....Give me reason to follow yours....And seriouslly , be logicall and give me some interesting replies , I just may "turn" your way.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rob lester

• GoddessWhispers

• Scare_Crow

• texasgirlheather

Personally i would say to go for Buddhism, as that is most about personal enlightenment and is not biast and i see it as a 'free' religion. I do not 'practise' in it myself as of yet, but i do hope to within the next year, but i have always had an interest in it. :yes: Christianity is similar to Paganism as this is where it got most of its ideas from. At the end of the day it is down to you and it is your choice as to which you feel most comfortable with.

I posted a reply some time back on some wiccan women I used to hang out with. They love to get naked. Which is a bonus depending on whether they are fit or fat witches.

I am agnostic , I do believe something made us for a reason , but what?......

I'm pretty sure that any religion you chose will not give you clearer answer as to what God is.

I read the title of this and my initial answer was "Hell."

I think it's funny.

Where do you go when you die. Hmm, well after you're done living and feeling,it's really immaterial isn't it!?

If you believe you were created for a reason, how about taking the time you were given and making the most of it while there's time?! Making yourself the best you can be, shining as brilliant as possible, being happy here. Committing your faith you are worth feeling good, doing what you love to do because you love you and want only the best for you. Then you'll be that blessing many others pray for, right there at home in yourself and everywhere you go, till you're gone for good. Then you'll live forever, reincarnated every time you're remembered for being a good person, while you were here.

linked-image

editimagescrewup

Edited by GoddessWhispers

Where do I go?...How and when do i decide?....

The only possible place to go to find out what you 'should' believe is inside yourself. Just figure out what you really believe, or feel good believing, and go from there. There is really no need to categorize yourself, or slap a label on your faith (or lack thereof).

The only possible place to go to find out what you 'should' believe is inside yourself. Just figure out what you really believe, or feel good believing, and go from there. There is really no need to categorize yourself, or slap a label on your faith (or lack thereof).

A word of warning about looking inside yourself and believing whatever feels good. The human ego is fraught with pathos, insecurities, and darkness. Looking inside yourself for guidance will magnify these things. Go with what you think minimizes your ego, changes your perspective to outside of yourself instead of inside, and makes you confront what is negative within yourself so that you can expel as much darkness as possible. Ask yourself if you want your life to be about the pleaure of what feels good in the moment, or about how you can love your fellow people more than you love yourself. I suggest you can grow more through sacrifice in your personal life and servanthood to your fellow humans more than you ever can by magnifying the doubt and frustration already present inside you. Not meaning to make assumptions of you, just guessing you're unsatisfied w/ your current path, or you wouldn't have written this. You're more than welcome to pm me if you would like to hear more. Bless you

I mean if you had already figured out what you really believe, you wouldn't have asked us this question, right?

I also would be concerned about anyone telling you your only possible choice is to look inside yourself. Really? Why is that your only POSSIBLE choice? Aren't there other possible choices? I always hear humanists and atheists and non-religious folks talk about how open-minded they are. Only having one possible choice doesn't really jive with that philosophy, though. That's kind of limiting from the gate, isn't it?

The only reason I posted was to see what people would say.I am very happy with myself , and my life.( would rather be retired and fishing , but can't have it all)I am just one to research things , and enjoy reading on diferent beliefs.As I said , I can not call myself "athiest" , because I do believe in some kind of "higher power" , but as I stated I do not believe the thousands of religions diferent gods.....So , keep on posting...

I also would be concerned about anyone telling you your only possible choice is to look inside yourself. Really? Why is that your only POSSIBLE choice? Aren't there other possible choices? I always hear humanists and atheists and non-religious folks talk about how open-minded they are. Only having one possible choice doesn't really jive with that philosophy, though. That's kind of limiting from the gate, isn't it?
Seeing it from your point of view I'd certainly say so.

However since I shared my personal opinion, relative to my pov, and said look inside yourself and speaking in that personal regard, I certainly never said it was the only possible choice. How absurd. And if one truly believes it's all a matter of an open mind and there are many possible choices, how can looking inside ones self, as one of those choices, be discounted!?

Check out all the religions and by all ,means check the doctrins against your heart, this is where the truth is written, by God , Our heavenly Parents, If you took all the bad out of every religion You would end up with Love , this is Gods religion , and Mine also. A relationship with your creator/ Heavenly Parents is a personal thing , and there is no reason to Go with the flock.

Let love lead the way, keep searching and you will find, that is a promise From God , Heavenly Mother and Father.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

(A relationship with creation is personal) and there is no reason to Go with the flock.
Beautifully said.

Especially pertinent if you know anything about sheep. Herd mentality does not insure longevity. :blush:

Pick the one that picks you. Ask each God to reveal himself or herself to you, and the one who loves you the most is who you serve.

That could be a problem....I do not think I would ever "serve" someone or thing.And I would not want someone or something telling me I have to "serve" them...That can narrow it down a lot.....Respect ,yes , serve?...Never..

Well honestly there's a whole bunch of stuff out there in science. Quantum physics and whatnot and if you look at Chaos its really interesting. Seems to me people stay in the house after they've left the religion. In other words they stop believing for some reason and then like to hang around the house carping at those who continue to believe. If you truly are on your own path you won't worry at all about others and their beliefs. Unfortunately a lot of atheists seem to be hung up and getting someone to go with them on their journey instead of just "going"

Stop for a second and imagine something.

You are atop a great cliff the sun is starting to set. Below the ocean pulls up against chasms of rocks. The mountains rise behind you. You begin your journey down the cliff. And yet you want to share the enormity of what you see with someone else. Susan Sarandon's character in that dance movie with Jlo (yes I saw it) has a great line where she says the reason people want another is because they want a "witness" to their lives. And so many people seek out a witness, be that God or another person. Some people try to be their own witness but you can see in the way they talk and talk in lecture mode that they are rather lonely after all.

My suggestion is let everyone be your witness. Embrace life. Embrace the journey and all those you encounter along the way are your private witness for just that moment. I suggest that if you go through life this way, you will be more open to others views and have a greater joy and peace. Hope this helps.

Pick the one that picks you. Ask each God to reveal himself or herself to you, and the one who loves you the most is who you serve.

And you'll know what the one that loves you most looks like, when you love yourself the most first. Otherwise, how will you recognize the real thing from that charlatan other threads ask you to consider?! ;) This life is your intimate journey alone. You'll encounter many people and much wisdom from all sides, on the way, but it's you that has every sensation first, from every step after the next. You can either make your own path, following your hearts lead, or abide to the road, worn by many treads ahead. But which ever one you take, it's always you at the helm. And you're always learning something for the trip. Love you first and foremost because you're the one fact of your life, that then makes a matter in anyone else's. What are ya bringing to the table? Love and self-awareness, is a glorious housewarming present, anytime anywhere you go. ;)

That could be a problem....I do not think I would ever "serve" someone or thing.And I would not want someone or something telling me I have to "serve" them...That can narrow it down a lot.....Respect ,yes , serve?...Never..

My problem exactly. I think one of the problems with many religions is that most of them require us to "serve" them in some way, or at least that's our perception of what they ask us to do. Much of the intention of the world's religions have been distorted and misinterpreted by mans' filtering of the original message, and for that very reason I think it's hard to 100 % identify yourself with any one religion.

I don't think it's safe to call yourself anything other than "spiritual". I think when we fall into categorizing ourselves too much as one thing or another, we consequently close ourselves off to having any other spiritual experiences that may otherwise be emphasized and supported by other religions. If you call yourself spiritual, then you aren't closing yourself off at all to any experiences. I used to be a Christian, but I found it limited me too much in terms of what it deemed acceptable to believe in and therefore experience for myself. For instance, I have dreams that happen often in real life, and that is because I opened myself up to the idea and literally asked God to give me some ability to prove its existence and make me feel more spiritually connected and allow me to grow. I never had these experiences with dreams before as a Christian because I never considered it as a possibility, and therefore I was closed off to it. Part of experiencing things spiritually, and all that we are capable of, is to first be opened minded, and most religions have their rules you have to follow, thus limiting your real spiritual growth in my opinion.

My advice, is to go and experience aspects of many different religions- I don't think any of them are more right or wrong, but it's a matter of finding a preference- an outlet for your spirituality that allows you to connect with and experience a higher being and all the good that comes from it- that's the ultimate result I think is most important. I don't think one religion will have all of the answers- part of that is because I think our spirituality it much too vast than what can be explained by any one religion.

And as far as where you'll go once this life is over- you're going to get a different answer here from people because all us have different belief systems based on the different experiences and religious avenues we've chosen for ourselves. My own personal belief is that an all loving being, if that is indeed what it is, has no desire to punish or send you to a bad place for all eternity if you don't follow a certain religion- to me that is a human perception of what a God would do to you, and that is to scare you and control you into certain kinds of behavior. My own experience has been that this all loving being is exactly that- one that is unconditional, and therefore I think you will go where all the rest of us will go. I don't believe in this perception of a God playing favorites based on who follows and how - that's a faulty human concept that brings that higher being down to our level because or our inability to comprehend what "unconditional" really means.

But what do I know?

Best wishes,

Fly

Edited by flyinghigh23

Thank you , As for where we go...I think someone mis-read that.I posted before , sometimes I think it will be the same as when you go in for surgery , or get knocked out...Make sence?...There is nothing , no sence of anything at all....Kind of sucks , but that is why I try to live my life day by day , and to the fullest that I can.

Thank you , As for where we go...I think someone mis-read that.I posted before , sometimes I think it will be the same as when you go in for surgery , or get knocked out...Make sence?...There is nothing , no sence of anything at all....Kind of sucks , but that is why I try to live my life day by day , and to the fullest that I can.

[/quot

We all base our opinions on what seems logical or by what we or someone else has experienced. I would encourage you to to explore your spirituality and have some actual experiences before you decide whether there is no afterlife. I don't claim to know if there is one, but my own spiritual experiences have said that there is more than just blackness.

This is true. Worship yourself then, that's the easiest way to rule, where there is no God to care for you.

Edited by Scare_crow

And you'll know what the one that loves you most looks like, when you love yourself the most first. Otherwise, how will you recognize the real thing from that charlatan other threads ask you to consider?! ;) This life is your intimate journey alone. You'll encounter many people and much wisdom from all sides, on the way, but it's you that has every sensation first, from every step after the next. You can either make your own path, following your hearts lead, or abide to the road, worn by many treads ahead. But which ever one you take, it's always you at the helm. And you're always learning something for the trip. Love you first and foremost because you're the one fact of your life, that then makes a matter in anyone else's. What are ya bringing to the table? Love and self-awareness, is a glorious housewarming present, anytime anywhere you go. ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't relate to this at all. I've never felt alone. God is always with us here, even if we don't acknowledge Him or His power.