Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

"The Unexplained Files"

• Please log in to reply
927 replies to this topic

#916    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,712 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I guess nobody has ever seen a whale upside down where the Locals have had a B.B.Q on it ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#917    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Interesting quote from Wiki on The Dyatlov Pass incident:

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.

http://en.wikipedia....v_Pass_incident

Make of it what you will.

Posted Image

#918    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I stumbled across this documentary.  The first 15 minutes looks at the CM phenomena.

An excellent modern summary for those not familiar with the bizarre symptoms.

Alien Encounters Season 02 Episode 01 Weird or What

Posted Image

#919    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postzoser, on 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Interesting quote from Wiki on The Dyatlov Pass incident:
Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.

I'm a bit confused, wouldn't those things be signs of a struggle?

Peace does nothing to test strength

#920    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

zoser.... You seriously cant think of something terrestrial that would cause "fractured skulls, broken ribs, and a missin toungue"?!

It HAD to be  aliens??!!

Edited by DBunker, 16 November 2013 - 03:04 AM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#921    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

O' dear, they took the bait.  Now were in for another 20 pages of ...
Posted Image

#922    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostKelevra, on 16 November 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

I'm a bit confused, wouldn't those things be signs of a struggle?

The Soviets conclusion was that the climbers had been the victims of some overwhelming force. Whatever that was.  Some had broken rib cages, some had skull fractures but there was apparently no sign of external injury.

I have been debating this incident over on the Modern Mysteries thread so we need to be careful that we don't have a duplicate thread running.

Nothing seems to fit.  There are too many anomalies to suggest it was an avalanche that wiped them out.  The radiation contamination on their bodies and the surrounding area needs explanation.  Were they victims of a detonation?  Why was there no overall damage reported?  Why were the tents not incinerated?

Edited by zoser, 16 November 2013 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#923    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,274 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

If I remember correctly, on of the favored possibilities was that the group fell victem to an avalanche. Considering most of the injuries, ie. broken ribs, skull fractures etc. I think its possible that said avalanche may have partially caved in their tent and injured some of the group, though without killing them instantly. They then proceeded to cut their way out of the tent, evidence of which was observed by the investigating team. As they attempted to find help, they succumbed to hypothermia, some removing their clothes do to what is called paradoxal undressing, in which a person with sever hypothermia suddenly percieves extreme heat.

Doesn't explain every little perculiarity, but I think serves as a good terrestrial explanation for those interested.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#924    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, its Russia, in my mind the whole place pretty much glows in the dark from radiation, so that could explain that.

Peace does nothing to test strength

#925    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,274 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

The Soviets conclusion was that the climbers had been the victims of some overwhelming force. Whatever that was.  Some had broken rib cages, some had skull fractures but there was apparently no sign of external injury.

I have been debating this incident over on the Modern Mysteries thread so we need to be careful that we don't have a duplicate thread running.

Nothing seems to fit.  There are too many anomalies to suggest it was an avalanche that wiped them out.  The radiation contamination on their bodies and the surrounding area needs explanation.  Were they victims of a detonation?  Why was there no overall damage reported?  Why were the tents not incinerated?

I do agree the high radiation is quite interesting. I don't think the sites proximity to the Baikonur cosmodrome should be brushed aside. Of course the odds a nothing will ever be concluded do to the oh so lovely thing called Soviet bureaucracy.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#926    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 16 November 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Doesn't explain every little perculiarity, but I think serves as a good terrestrial explanation for those interested.

Such as a missing tongue......................

Posted Image

#927    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,274 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 November 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Such as a missing tongue......................

Yeah I'll admit that is perculiar. Was that victem one of the ones with any other injuries? If so, and assuming they were the result of an avalanche, I'd entertain the possibility they could have accidentally bitten their tongue off during the impact.

#928    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

There is one thing to consider and the skeptics will love me for this.  No I do mean that.  This is not typical Zoser talking.

Reflecting on the Phobos image that the Russians were adamant was proof of a UFO (after seeing a NASA photo of the object it clearly did look like a shadow of Phobos and not a UFO).

Are we seeing a pattern of Soviet style cover up here?  Why would the Soviets be adamant that it was an object that wrecked their probe?  Were the scientists trying to claim force majeure in order to divest themselves of blame and thus lose their jobs (or worse) under the punitive Soviet system?  When really it was their own miscalculations that wrecked the probe?

Is this what happened to the climbing team?  Were they victims of a stray nuclear detonation?  Were the bizarre injuries just part of a cover up by claiming that an unknown 'overwhelming force' killed them to prevent anyone at the cosmodrome from being disciplined?  Could the orange spheres have been part of that cover up?

In a highly punitive state that the Soviet system was would you have covered up a stray detonation that led to fatalities?

Thoughts anyone?

Edit to add:

Does anyone know if the Soviets were experimenting at the time with weapons of low blast but high radiation emissions?

Edited by zoser, 16 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users