Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#331    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Most of us have a "reality circuit" in our heads of some sort that simplifies our lives by ruling out nonsense and irratonal thoughts.  Sometimes they don't work perfectly (hence my paranoia when high).  I have to say that demons and probing aliens are examples of reality circuits that have gone to bed.

#332    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 April 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

But you don't think he actually contacted anything when he was doing all the black magic and occult stuff?

No.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#333    Reann

Reann

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Most of us have a "reality circuit" in our heads of some sort that simplifies our lives by ruling out nonsense and irratonal thoughts.  Sometimes they don't work perfectly (hence my paranoia when high).  I have to say that demons and probing aliens are examples of reality circuits that have gone to bed.
I watched this movie called The Exorcism of Emily rose. It was nothing like the Exorcist , but , it was pretty scarey like on the reality of Divine and Evil existences. Seems that the priest who conducted the exorcism for her , which he was arrested for found guilty and was released .He said that the medication that she was given had set her mind in some sort of reality where she became locked into . I don't really know what to make of it all , but I thought it was a pretty interesting movie. Also, something in that movie I experienced myself , before I ever seen the movie. What i experienced was waking up at sometime early in the A.M and,  I smelled this smoke like sulfer like smell , the sort of smell from a wooden match stick , only there was no reason for that smell to be in my home, it was very real.
I was the only one that was able to dectect it. I couldn't understand why noone else could smell it . I began to then feel the walls all within my home ,sensing for any signs of heat,  making certain that a fire was not burning from within them, it was really weird. Anyway , I  experience other  things  in that particular house that happened in , but,  I don't really like to talk about it ; some people just don't realize how very real the spirit realm is.

#334    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

I am in no position to discount what you say, but really all it seems to be is an unexplained smell of sulphur that no one else smelled.  I've done that many times -- smelled things that no one else does -- there it is.

#335    Reann

Reann

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I am in no position to discount what you say, but really all it seems to be is an unexplained smell of sulphur that no one else smelled.  I've done that many times -- smelled things that no one else does -- there it is.

You see, it doesn't matter what you think about it, I know what you don't know about it ,and ,  other things as well. Fact is , just because  you do not have any knowledge of first hand experience,  of the things you discredit, it  doesn't  make you correct. I get that there are frauds and I get that some people have mental illness , and still , something could even happen to some of them at times , only I'm pretty certauin that they will never be believed .

I'm thankful  for the experiences that I have had , and have ; they provided  my soul and mind  with even more assurance that there is another realm , and after this life it's not over .

#336    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 April 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

I agree with Tesla, heck, the fluoro tube alone is an amazing piece of ingenuity. I would really have liked to have seen more of his wireless electricity, but it it's nice to know he finally got recognition for inventing the radio.
I do not think it is well advertised that he was a bit of a stoner. But on the plus side, he has inspired a lot of stoners to think I suppose.
Yeah he is a genuis its kind of sucks that he got shafted on the whole electricity thing and I know he was kind of a shut in to a degree, but he must have been smoking some good weed to feel like aliens where contacting him.  Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some like that :D

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#337    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 15 April 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

For those of us who don´t believe in either, this is a really weird topic question. Like: "Is Santa Claus really the Easter Bunny"?

How does one comment on a double absurdity like that.
What I dont understand is why you would even comment on it if you believe its hokum

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#338    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Yeah he is a genuis its kind of sucks that he got shafted on the whole electricity thing and I know he was kind of a shut in to a degree, but he must have been smoking some good weed to feel like aliens where contacting him.  Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some like that :D

After Edison gave hom the short end of the stick with AC power, maybe he was driven to forget the world for a while!

Not just Aliens, but Venusians I believe, on his Tesla Scope, which is where his claims really fall apart. In fact it has been claimed Tesla himself was a Venusian! LINK

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#339    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

After Edison gave hom the short end of the stick with AC power, maybe he was driven to forget the world for a while!

Not just Aliens, but Venusians I believe, on his Tesla Scope, which is where his claims really fall apart. In fact it has been claimed Tesla himself was a Venusian! LINK
WOW that's wild stuff

#340    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 April 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Did you not say any event that is supernatural cannot be recorded? The plane should have RADAR all around it, ground teams that can confirm an object as many people with digital cameras.
MY REPLY: I never said that. I mentioned an event that wasn't taped. In any event, there were cases in which mysterious objects were confirmed by both pilots and radar. That was in addition to multiple witnesses.

Does this not indicate personal interpretation?
MY REPLY: That plays a role in some cases, such as the *two* photos. Sometimes, a flying saucer is just a flying saucer, not an object that was wrongly interpreted.

Paredolia I get, but why can none of the above things be presented to Randi? Just one would do, and the circumstances are flexible. We also must remember that every UFO explanation to date has been prosaic.
MY REPLY: Did Randi reject pilots' testimony and radar? That's a real question. The explanations don't cut it in some cases. There's no proof that *all* UFO encounters stemmed from prosaic things.

It seems to me that if someone had a genuine case that people would be against Randi. He too seems to have come to a lifetime conclusion that whilst no proof for the Supernatural exists, proof of charlatans abounds
MY REPLY: He and you are entitled to your opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm with him on the charlatans. We part company when it comes to dismissing *all* claims of the supernatural.

Maybe he had a bad day, I am not sure of the comments you refer to, but considering his exposure to the media, if this is all there is, it does not appear to me to be "in character", but more of a random comment. Many hate him, as he has uncovered the means to fool people that ruined many plans, so it is not surprising that some would slander him.
MY REPLY: I read his comments. Based on them, I'm not a fan. That's not a knock on his fans or admirers. My lack of respect for him has little to do with his famous schtick as the great Oz who knows all.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#341    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostGodofcats, on 15 April 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

While I can agree that aliens might not be as nice as everybody claims they would be I fail to see why demons would come to us in space ships and have big heads and eyes and little bodies. Also why would demons preform experiments on people while abducting them? It doesbt make sense. Can angels abduct us?

I agree. For the fourth time, I don't think that they're the same beings. :) My guess is that spirits are more likely to come in the forms of lights and shadows than little green men in flying saucers. I also don't think that they look like cartoons with halos, wings, horns, tails, etc..

#342    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

That's your opinion. Future circumstances might change it. People, who witnessed demons and/or extraterrestrials, don't share your concept of reality. They might have agreed with you before their realities changed.

#343    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Did you not say any event that is supernatural cannot be recorded? The plane should have RADAR all around it, ground teams that can confirm an object as many people with digital cameras.

MY REPLY: I never said that. I mentioned an event that wasn't taped. In any event, there were cases in which mysterious objects were confirmed by both pilots and radar. That was in addition to multiple witnesses.

Sorry, my mistake, I do not know of any taped event though, do you?

The RADAR sightings I find the most confusing, they only show the UFO's as being in our atmosphere, never leaving nor entering it. If we go by RADR information, all these craft are still here, and came from here.

MY REPLY: That plays a role in some cases, such as the *two* photos. Sometimes, a flying saucer is just a flying saucer, not an object that was wrongly interpreted.

If it is unidentified it is a UFO, but I know of no "Flying saucer" that is confirmed a "flying saucer". Only people who claim that is an accurate description of the UFO they have seen and have come to this conclusion exist to the best of my knowledge. In this way, one mans alien is another mans goblin.

MY REPLY: Did Randi reject pilots' testimony and radar? That's a real question. The explanations don't cut it in some cases. There's no proof that *all* UFO encounters stemmed from prosaic things.

I did not say that we have proof that all UFO's are prosaic, but I did say every explained UFO to date has had a prosaic explanation, my question is, why would this trend change? What indicates an extraordinary explanation is valid?

If Pilots and RADAR had any answers, we would not be having this conversation. They too see some anomalies, and that is transposed to ET.

MY REPLY: He and you are entitled to your opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm with him on the charlatans. We part company when it comes to dismissing *all* claims of the supernatural.

But your support for the supernatural is pure belief right?

Indeed I have to go with Randi here, as he investigates claims he does not make them. That nobody on earth has managed to collect his prize money, and yet many have tried. If course those who are ousted will cry foul, have you any reason to believe one of Randi's challenges was unfair?

MY REPLY: I read his comments. Based on them, I'm not a fan. That's not a knock on his fans or admirers. My lack of respect for him has little to do with his famous schtick as the great Oz who knows all.

Surely not the ones you posted already? They are quite benign, I am not finding this vile insinuation on the net, may I ask if you have a link?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#344    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 April 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

WOW that's wild stuff

LOL, ain't it what! Today it just cannot get a leg up, as we know Venus looks like:

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 16 April 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#345    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 16 April 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

That's your opinion. Future circumstances might change it. People, who witnessed demons and/or extraterrestrials, don't share your concept of reality. They might have agreed with you before their realities changed.

This is more true than one might realise. They have a completely different reality to begin with, which leads to a belief, which a strange event can be interpreted into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users