Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO's Shooting Up In The Sky

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Did You See A U.F.O. In Vestal?
By Bryan Mercer

Credit: Brian Titus
Is it a UFO?
2 photos

Posted Image

August 1, 2011
Updated Aug 1, 2011 at 1:27 PM EDT

Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) One viewer says he saw an unidentified flying object in the Southern Tier sky.
Brian Titus says he was at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, when he saw something rising behind a hill in Vestal.

In an email, Titus wrote, "It sat there for about ten seconds and then it shot up like a bullet and vanished."
He says at least ten people saw it happen.
Minutes later when he was coming home, Titus saw the U.F.O. again.
During this second sighting, Titus snapped the picture.
Titus wrote, "I am so exited and freaked out at the same time."
What do you think? Is it a U.F.O.?

UFO near Binghamton, NY, was 'large as a football stadium'

MUFON Assistant State Director and Field Investigator L. Behr filed the report for the witness after the witnesses' photos appeared on the WBNG-TV Web site.

The original sighting occurred when the witness was standing in a parking lot at Lourdes Hospital along Riverside Drive in Binghamton.

"He observed the object over the hill, across the river in what would be Vestal, NY," the MUFON investigator stated. "The object appeared huge at this point, 'as large as a football stadium'. Object was stationary and then shot up and vanished."

But 20 to 30 minutes later, the same witness was driving home along Riverside Drive in Johnson City when the object was seen again, but higher in the sky.

"Witness pulled onto a side street and took two pictures. He observed the object for approximately two minutes before it again shot straight upward and away."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 2008. Stephenville, Texas, USA
Posted Image

Ricky Sorrells: "It took off so fast that if I blinked I would have thought it vanished but I had my eyes on it, and I know it took off flat at a 45 degree angle."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • November 7, 2006. Chicago, Illinois, United States
http://ufoevidence.o...ses/case958.htm

At the end of that time, the object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up at a very rapid pace, and it "shot" through the solid overcast, which was at 1,900 feet at the time. The witness added that the object appeared to leave a "hole" in the clouds, where it had streaked upwards through the overcast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • November 5, 1996. Pelotas, southern Brazil
Source: http://www.ufoeviden...ses/case700.htm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
November 5, 1996. Haraldo Westendorf

Then, to his amazement, the object rose straight up at tremendous speed. For the first time, Westendorf was scared, because he believed the object's rapid acceleration might produce a shock wave of turbulence that could overwhelm his own plane. As a trained pilot, he knew that air traffic controllers recommend staying at least three minutes behind a large aircraft to avoid such turbulence. He estimated that the unidentified object probably weighed at least three times as much as a 747 jumbo jet, so its shock wave should be huge -- and he was only a few hundred meters away.

He quickly began emergency procedures in case his plane went into a spin or a stall. But to his surprise, he did not encounter any turbulence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

http://www.ufocasebo...m/ftcarson.html

"Given the height above me, and the enormous size, I would believe it to be as large as a football field, or close to the size!"

"...all in a few seconds, off to the left side of my windshield view. Then, it stopped as quick, and then Zoom! It took off faster than I have probably could close my eyelids!!"

Edited by topsecretresearch, 23 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#2    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Good post Topsecretresearch! :tu:

Some interesting stuff, and I particularly like the Brian Titus story with photographs,...but in today's climate of unreliable photographic evidence, i'll reserve judgement on their authenticity until I see a professional analyst report on them!
The other cases are also pretty interesting,...but I must admit that my gut-feeling on Ricky Sorrell is that whilst his story is quite  possible....there is just something that doesn't ring true about the guy himself...?   :unsure:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#3    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Im still Lookin up ! A few mile wide UFO would be quite the sight ! Keep Looking Up  Y`all ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#4    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,975 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

Interesting   i wonder what the cover up story will be.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,381 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Dear Aliens,

Please rescue my miserable life from this miserable world so that I can be probed by your miserable instruments to find-out why I'm so miserable.

#6    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,370 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

View Postpallidin, on 24 August 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Dear Aliens,

Please rescue my miserable life from this miserable world so that I can be probed by your miserable instruments to find-out why I'm so miserable.

Dear pallidin,

Sorry, no can do, we are miserable.

Sincerely Yours,
The miserable Aliens.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#7    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Another superb set of cases there.  This has got to make people wonder about the extent of this phenomena?  Just how man have had close encounters but never reported it?  Perhaps it's like an iceberg, 10% seen and 90% unseen.

Edited by zoser, 24 August 2012 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

View Post1963, on 24 August 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

but I must admit that my gut-feeling on Ricky Sorrell is that whilst his story is quite  possible....there is just something that doesn't ring true about the guy himself...?   :unsure:

Cheers.

No completely disagree.  You can tell by his voice and body language that here is a guy that doesn't care a hoot about UFO's.  No book, no movie deal, nothing to gain and all to lose.  I bet this guy regrets he ever said a word and has had a lot of ridicule put his way.

This guy's as real as rain.

Posted Image

#9    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,433 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 24 August 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Dear pallidin,

Sorry, no can do, we are miserable.

Sincerely Yours,
The miserable Aliens.

Yeah, any life form that would go around the galaxy probing others would have to be pretty miserable.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,433 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postzoser, on 24 August 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

No completely disagree.  You can tell by his voice and body language that here is a guy that doesn't care a hoot about UFO's.  No book, no movie deal, nothing to gain and all to lose.  I bet this guy regrets he ever said a word and has had a lot of ridicule put his way.

This guy's as real as rain.

It's very difficult to know if someone saw something of alien origin, or if they saw something else and their mind filled in the missing pieces leading them to believe it was alien in origin. For example, I've seen a UFO...it looked very weird, but how am I to know for sure it was ET? This is a very complex situation actually. Seeing *something* simply isn't enough when it comes to whether or not an object is extraterrestrial. One is basically left with a great big unknown (ie, you can't prove anything with just a quick look). I wish it were otherwise...you have no idea how much I'd like to know exactly what I saw.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostLilly, on 24 August 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

It's very difficult to know if someone saw something of alien origin, or if they saw something else and their mind filled in the missing pieces leading them to believe it was alien in origin. For example, I've seen a UFO...it looked very weird, but how am I to know for sure it was ET? This is a very complex situation actually. Seeing *something* simply isn't enough when it comes to whether or not an object is extraterrestrial. One is basically left with a great big unknown (ie, you can't prove anything with just a quick look). I wish it were otherwise...you have no idea how much I'd like to know exactly what I saw.

But it then draws me back to the obvious question; what are the options?  As James Fox remarked on the video clip, do we really have anything that large and sophisticated?  If the answer then is 'maybe', then isn't this replacing one speculation with another that is equally as fantastic?  Because I'm not aware that we have, and if I'm wrong, then it points to a superior culture existing on top of our own, sharing this space and time with us, and so the mystery just expands.

Edited by zoser, 24 August 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

#12    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostLilly, on 24 August 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Yeah, any life form that would go around the galaxy probing others would have to be pretty miserable.

Or very perverted :whistle:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#13    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostHMS Dreadnought, on 24 August 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Or very perverted :whistle:

Or following some natural creation purpose.  One must consider all options not just the cynical.

Posted Image

#14    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Aliens,Tooth fairy what ever you want to believe in really.....

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#15    paperdyer

paperdyer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

At least for once, the picture isn't blurry like most UFO pics.  But I agree, not all UFO sightings can be identified as ETs without more info/data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users