Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell base photographers speak out

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#166    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

View Postsinewave, on 25 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

As Hazzard said, we await compelling exhibit A.

That would be nice.  Alas not possible in a culture where denial and cover up are the official policy.

Posted Image

#167    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

View Postzoser, on 25 April 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

That would be nice.  Alas not possible in a culture where denial and cover up are the official policy.

Now if you only had proof that any government can do something that efficiently.

#168    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postsinewave, on 26 April 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Now if you only had proof that any government can do something that efficiently.

If only you were perceptive enough to observe the signs that there is a government coverup.....egads

#169    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,985 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 25 April 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

There are newspaper records.
Posted Image

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#170    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 April 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

If only you were perceptive enough to observe the signs that there is a government coverup.....egads

This is what we call a null hypothesis.  It serves multiple purposes.  Primarily, it is a way to fill in the blanks of an apparent or real mystery all at once without doing any thinking.  Null hypotheses are great because they allow a person to have an opinion without understanding.  They are the ultimate intellectual shortcuts.  Psychologists call the tendency, cognitive dissonance.  This happens when reality stubbornly does not comply with belief.  The believer concludes that reality must be a lie and begins to construct a parallel reality to support the belief.  

Yes, governments sometimes lie.  But the same governments that operate so inefficiently and sometimes ineffectively as we have all witnessed in our daily lives cannot also be the governments that can quickly locate, collect, and hide the every scrap of debris from every so-called crashed alien space craft anywhere and any time.   If the US government has done this, it stands as the only thing it has ever been able to accomplish with any efficiency.

Edited by sinewave, 26 April 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#171    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

View Postsinewave, on 26 April 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

This is what we call a null hypothesis.  It serves multiple purposes.  Primarily, it is a way to fill in the blanks of an apparent or real mystery all at once without doing any thinking.  Null hypotheses are great because they allow a person to have an opinion without understanding.  They are the ultimate intellectual shortcuts.  Psychologists call the tendency, cognitive dissonance.  This happens when reality stubbornly does not comply with belief.  The believer concludes that reality must be a lie and begins to construct a parallel reality to support the belief.  

Yes, governments sometimes lie.  But the same governments that operate so inefficiently and sometimes ineffectively as we have all witnessed in our daily lives cannot also be the governments that can quickly locate, collect, and hide the every scrap of debris from every so-called crashed alien space craft anywhere and any time.   If the US government has done this, it stands as the only thing it has ever been able to accomplish with any efficiency.
Government (USA) does a lot of things very efficiently, for example development, deployment and coordination of a fleet of nuclear powered and nuclear-armed submarines patrolling the planet at all times.  The continual launching of satellites into space for communications, and to monitor terrestrial goings-on.  The marvelous construction of ever more expansive (and expensive) underground facilities in order to protect and preserve our bureaucracy, electorate, and it's acolytes.  And of course the amazing efficiency with which Governmental entities have conspired to financially enslave the citizenry, while enriching itself, through the fractional reserve banking system.  USA Government sanctioned bodies are also very efficient at controlling political activity in foreign nations; deposing and/or assassinating elected leaders deemed unwieldy to U.S. "interests", while keeping those activities largely unknown to U.S. citizens.  Government also seems quite efficient at quelling any sort of public-funded R&D that could challenge methods and materials used by the entrenched monopolistic industrial status-quo.  True, Government is not very efficient or effective at things like coordinating National Health Care, feeding the hungry, or housing the homeless... but hey, they can't do everything.  Government has tried to contain and control any information about UFO's, through secrecy, intimidation, and ridicule.  Now, some Governmental attaches are disclosing what they know.  The truth is coming out.

Edited by bendigger0, 26 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#172    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postbendigger0, on 26 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Government (USA) does a lot of things very efficiently, for example development, deployment and coordination of a fleet of nuclear powered and nuclear-armed submarines patrolling the planet at all times.  The continual launching of satellites into space for communications, and to monitor terrestrial goings-on.  The marvelous construction of ever more expansive (and expensive) underground facilities in order to protect and preserve our bureaucracy, electorate, and it's acolytes.  And of course the amazing efficiency with which Governmental entities have conspired to financially enslave the citizenry, while enriching itself, through the fractional reserve banking system.  USA Government sanctioned bodies are also very efficient at controlling political activity in foreign nations; deposing and/or assassinating elected leaders deemed unwieldy to U.S. "interests", while keeping those activities largely unknown to U.S. citizens.  Government also seems quite efficient at quelling any sort of public-funded R&D that could challenge methods and materials used by the entrenched monopolistic industrial status-quo.  True, Government is not very efficient or effective at things like coordinating National Health Care, feeding the hungry, or housing the homeless... but hey, they can't do everything.  Government has tried to contain and control any information about UFO's, through secrecy, intimidation, and ridicule.  Now, some Governmental attaches are disclosing what they know.  The truth is coming out.

There is certainly a difference between success and efficiency.  You have mentioned a few successes but none of those things requires the level of coordination needed to pull off the task of tracking, locating, and recovering every crashed alien space craft within minutes as ETH believers assert.

#173    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Just to compare, in my county in the last 15 years or so, it took the military only a day or two to find the location of crashed military jets, F-16 and F-18, two separate incidents.

USAF responded more quickly than the Navy, but that's because there are several bases nearby.

Once they learn the location, the rest is pretty easy for them, with boats and helicopters.

I expect they could respond to a crashed ET vehicle just as quickly.

#174    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,397 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Another mess I see Its not quite as bad as the New Pop Up`s on the side bar`s ! I guess it was just a matter of time before U/M bought into the money mill ? :no: Sad,So very Sad !

This is a Work in Progress!

#175    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,129 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 April 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Just to compare, in my county in the last 15 years or so, it took the military only a day or two to find the location of crashed military jets, F-16 and F-18, two separate incidents.

USAF responded more quickly than the Navy, but that's because there are several bases nearby.

Once they learn the location, the rest is pretty easy for them, with boats and helicopters.

That wouldn't be because the military knew exactly where those jets were going and where they were going to be at any given time before they even left the runway would it? That's a bit different from something that could come and go any time anywhere.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#176    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 April 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

You are aware that commercial and military aircraft have tracking devices that simplify the task, right?

#177    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,636 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postsinewave, on 26 April 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

You are aware that commercial and military aircraft have tracking devices that simplify the task, right?

That would, seemingly, be a no - at least based on other threads.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#178    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 26 April 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

That would, seemingly, be a no - at least based on other threads.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Ahh, but will he admit that?

#179    Occams Razor

Occams Razor

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• Of two or more competing theories the simplest explanation is most likely to be the right one.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 25 April 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Believe what you want, but it happened.  Corso and Birnes did a great job with "The Day After Roswell"

As an adventure yarn maybe... the more I read of it the more I became convinced it was a fanciful tale conjured up to make some retirement cash. He said we are fighting "a skirmish war with extraterrestrials" (The Day After Roswell, page 273, top line). Does anyone here think this could be credible? I certainly don't.

And from 'The Day After Roswell' page 268, "They had tried to disrupt our space program for years - Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and even the space shuttle. They buzzed our capsules travelling through space". Does anyone here seriously believe an inter-stellar spacecraft would have any trouble destroying one of our crude, chemically propelled tin-cans? This really is absolute drivel...

I think if we were fighting any kind of war with extraterrestrials we would get creamed... very convincingly.

He mentioned introducing recovered fiber optic cables to a tech company... which led to us developing fiber optic cables. However, he described the recovered fiber optic conductors as being tubular, our fiber optic cables are solid, like little glass hairs.

My copy of 'The Day After Roswell' is the earlier version with "Foreword by Senator Strom Thurmond". Senator Thurmond asked for his foreword to be retracted when he learned of the book's contents:

http://en.wikipedia....y_After_Roswell

Perhaps my copy will be worth a few quid to a devout Roswell acolyte.

Edited by Occams Razor, 27 April 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#180    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postzoser, on 25 April 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

I doubt it.  She was real all right.  God rest her soul.

:lol: God rest her soul? She never existed,there was no nurse of that name,he made her up they have tracked down the other nurses. non of which had heard of her or the alien bodies.You must be so desperate to believe if you still accept his story when its quite clearly untrue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users