Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Min Min Lights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

I saw the Min Min lights on the Aramac track back in the late 70's.
We were in a 4x4 at night coming back after a fishing trip. catching yellow bellies in dried up creek beds waterholes.
It was black soil country, and it started to rain heavily. 4x4 tryes eventually became caked with sticky blacksoil, and just started to spin.
We were stuck. Just couldnt move. We waited it out, till it dried.
While we were stuck, it was still raining, suddenly 3 dancing lights appeared up the track a bit. they were getting closer.
They got closer and finally stopped, then they went out. We figured it was another car, who also got stuck.
After quite a few hours, we were able to get going again, and we headed towards the other "car" or where it had stopped.
Nothing, no car, no tracks, and we didnt see them leave.
We had seen the enigmatic Min Min lights. The area is called the "Boulia Triangle"

#2    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Here's some sort of explanation as to why they happen , all to do with the weather so it claims ....

http://www.uq.edu.au...s/?article=4265

I am familiar with the lights  but I don't think it's any type of mystery !

TiP.

#3    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

View Posttipotep, on 25 January 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Here's some sort of explanation as to why they happen , all to do with the weather so it claims ....

http://www.uq.edu.au...s/?article=4265

I am familiar with the lights  but I don't think it's any type of mystery !

TiP.
No worries...... but many have thought them mysteries for many years, and still do    " a bizarre Australian Outback phenomenon that has baffled observers and scientists for centuries."

TIiP

#4    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'd love to see an explanation for the lights. I think there should be a natural reason but no one has proven it yet....that's a mystery cooler than most. The ones that are persistent but aren't "front page" material. :)

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users