Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theory on the Bible

rhyknow

Due to my research in ITC, i've come across an interesting phenomena called "Direct Voice" which is seemingly disembodied voices, emanating in space (I.E. An open space in the air somewhere) from which the location can/cannot be determined.

So here's my hypothesis: The Bible is quoted to be the EXACT word of God, which must suggest that the people who wrote it beleived that what they were writing to be dictated to them from God. Which means that their idea of God must have spoken to them directly. So. Could the Bible, and the people who wrote it, have been inspired in part, at least by Direct Voice?

Let's take a quick peek at the facts:

First of all, Direct Voice has been reported for thousands of years. The first recognizable account is in 858AD during the reign of Richard I where a direct voice proclaimed "The Crimes of the Living". However, we know that the Bible was written a long time before this instance. So where do we find instances that go further back than this account? Well, the Bible is full of them:

Genesis

iii, 9: "And the Lord God called unto Adam and said unto him where art thou?"

iv, 9: "And the Lord said unto Cain, why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?"

vi,13 "And God said unto Noah, the end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is filled with violence through them and behold, I will destroy them with the earth"

xii, 1-7 "Now the Lord had said unto Abram, get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred and from thy father's house unto a land that i will shew thee and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing. And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. And Abram took Sarai and his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten into Haran and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the place of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land. And the Lord appeared unto Abram and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him."

xvii, ~1 "And when Abram was ninety years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said unto him I am the Almighty God; walk before me and be thou perfect"

xix, 2 "And he said Behold now my lords, turn in I pray you, into your servant's house and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early and go on your ways and they said Nay; but we will abide in the street all night"

xxi, 17 "And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagarout of heaven and said unto her, What alleth thee, Hagar? Fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is"

xxvi, 2 "And the Lord appeared unto him [isaac] and said Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of"

xxvi,24 "And the Lord appeared unto him on the same night and said, I am the God of Abraham, thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake"

***v;1 "And God said unto Jacob Arise, go up to Beth-el and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest the face of Esau thy brother"

And it doesn't just stop at Genesis, we can see instances of Direct Voice throught he bible:

Exodus iii, 4; iv, 2; iv, 27; chs. vi-xxii frequent; ch.xix; ***iii, 9.

Numbers xii, 4; xvi, 20; xx, 7; xxii, 28.

Deuteronomy ***i, 14; ***iv, 4.

Joshua v, 14.

Judges vi, 12; xiii, 3.

1 Samuel iii, 4; xv, 10; xvi, 7.

2 Samuel ii, 1.

1 Kings ix, 3; xvii, 3; xix, 9-12.

Ezekiel i, 28; ii, 3.

St. Matthew iii, 17; xvii, 5; xxviii, 5; xxvii, 18.

St. Mark ix, 7; xvi, 14, 15.

St. Luke i, 13; i, 28; ii, 10; iii, 22; xxii, 43; xxiv, 5; xxiv, 17; xxiv, 36-50.

St. John xx, 13; xx, 19; xxi, 5-23.

Acts i, 11; viii, 26; ix, 4; xii, 7; xxvii, 24.

1 Corinthians xii, 10.

2 Corinthians xii, 4.

Now, in ancient times, they were fairly... idk "quaint" in the fact that they were considerably less advanced than we are scientifically. They didn't have as much of a grasp of the paranormal as we do today; meaning that they seemed to pull everything off as "God" or "Angels" whenever something unexpected happened to them. So if a voice appeared and started talking to them out of nowhere, then they'd be extremely likely not to say "Direct Voice" but instead think that it was God or an Angel speaking to them. Makes some sense, doesn't it?

And there's my theory

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhyknow

• MUM24/7

• RadicalGnostic

• BlueMoods

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely possible, and not beyond the realm of reason. But the Bible is not the only Holy Book produced in this manner.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

That is indeed very true, Radical. I was simply using the Bible as the nearest example I have since i don't have the qu'ran etc, i've only got a holy bible lol

I'm confused.....So where did the voice come from and was it multi-lingual or where there many voices ? :wacko:

All together possible. Even today you hear nws stories of people claiming God or the devil told them to do something, usualy horendous. Yes they turn out to be mentaly ill most of the time but, ocassionally it seems to be a one time event for them.

In my theory, i'm going to say that the voices were Ethereal Beings (or "Angels", if you will), since from what I beleive God isn't actually a singularity, instead it's a collectivity. So yeah, these Ethereal Beings came down, and we can't see them. But they started talking to the people who wrote the Bible and influenced them to write it.

These voices would be multilingual i'm guessing since they possess a much higher power than we do. There might have been many voices, or just one doing all the work because as I understand more than one person wrote the bible

hope that clears things up a bit :tu:

In my theory, i'm going to say that the voices were Ethereal Beings (or "Angels", if you will), since from what I beleive God isn't actually a singularity, instead it's a collectivity. So yeah, these Ethereal Beings came down, and we can't see them. But they started talking to the people who wrote the Bible and influenced them to write it.

These voices would be multilingual i'm guessing since they possess a much higher power than we do. There might have been many voices, or just one doing all the work because as I understand more than one person wrote the bible

hope that clears things up a bit :tu:

:unsure2::huh::wacko::blush: Much better, thanks......