Anyhow, put that all aside and for the topic itself..
Astrology is much based on observing the planets' positions, and from those positions of the certain planets we tell things about people's psyches and how they tend to play out in our lives. If you want to discuss validity of astrology, please dont do it here but take it to my blog http://www.unexplain...8#commentsStart there or start a new topic about that, simply because it's a thing which you dont likely beat me so easily with just a post or two, especially if you yourself can't point out which part in particular isn't working in astrology.
All that said, I'm not looking to beat anyone in a debate or make you feel like a loser, I dont need to put my self-esteem up like that. Simply wanted to see if people had any thoughts on this subject. Because I'm curious, and always ready to change my worldview in accordance to how the world seems to work, not in accordance with how I want it to work, unless those two correlate.
So, what is it I'm even about to suggest? Not the Gaia-theory where the planet would consciously make life bloom on it's surface, even though that may be the case too. The thought I'd like to reflect on, is whether planets and other big rocks have a psyche, consciousness, awareness or anything like that of their own. A big part of this concept is subliminal messages, many different kind and form of messages (natural and known ones though) which living beings like humans transmit and receive from each other. Like when you twitch a little and dont notice it unless you're in a focused state and give attention to your twitchiness, that kinda thing transmitting from one person to other in a "aha, that person is a bit more nervous or interested in exact that moment in that way, about that thing". You can get very spesific about those things, but the hardest thing might be putting words to all the subliminal little messages, more fitting and describing words. In any case, two living organisms transmitting and reciving each other's more subliminal reactions and messages.
There was a study of this happening between people and you should be able to clearly see it with animals too, at least I do. We're animals too, duh. But whether that works between planets too, or between planets and humans, or planets and other living organisms.. I believe that if it works between us humans and planets which it very much seems to do in some level, some form at least (due to astrology working), it very likely works with animals and other living organisms too.
I'm going to list some basic concepts and things about this, about why I believe why it can be so:
- Sunspots being said to act in accordance with our emotions (I've heard this being suggested before, haven't researched it, dont know if there's consistency with major world wars or such things, and world wars... I dont know if they could be such hateful things as much as they were about suffering and misery, which is kinda colder feeling in my opinion, and I'd categorize those years to lesser sunspot periods if you looked it like that... you have to compare it with the general overall emotions of other years near those though.. I think lately there's been very heated emotions up in the world, like there was before the french revolution but in any case, there...)
- All the things about rocks being potentially alive. My father mentioned he once saw a document or something about this, years ago, and I've read that the stones in death valley (or maybe another desert-place) moved on their own and the scientists couldn't give a definite explanation so far.
- Astrology working, as in planets influencing us. The distance of planet from us, how far the planet is from the earth, has an effect on where in our psyche it affects more. The closer it is to earth, the more obvious the effect, and even the most sceptical minds can observe correlations with their moon signs if they put their mind to it, moon being the closest planet (celestial bodies are called planets in astrology) to earth. Even I have much struggling on pinpointing how exactly the outermost planet commonly used in astrology, Pluto, exactly affects us and takes influences from the background universe (signs like scorpio, gemini etc., I think the sign influences are formed by background universe). I think that the further away from earth you go with the planet you inspect in astrology, the harder it is to make out how exactly the sign it's in, influences it, and I think that is also because of the distance factor. The bottom line here is, it could be interpreted as a similiar effect to using traditional means of communication with someone more on-the-distance, like using hand signs or shouting to each other from the distance.
- As idiotic as this might sound (I know it did to me before I came to terms with the possibility and why it could be possible), planets taking influences from us, even to an extent of acting in accordance with how we see them through myths and many astrologers associating the planets and their use in astrology through those myths and thus those myths evolving to a part of astrology. I know what even the most gullible of you might think of that, I know I did.. but the more I start researching onto the new planets, I keep asking myself "is it just the placebo effect or something I just associate with it by myself, or could it be.." that planets listen to us? From what I've sensed from them, they dont seem to act on just myths but on anything people believe of them... as a bigger and bigger consensus it can strengthen and take new forms according to where the consensus develops. I dont know if this is so, I truly dont. All I know I see people acting in very certain patterns which I can easily connect to their birthcharts, that's all I know.
- The already-existing Gaia theories. I bet what I'm trying to start a discussion of here has already been discussed somewhere else, just couldn't find it with the two first pages of searching on this forum, so here.
- Edgar Cayce's take on astrology. I remember it being along the lines "the stars respond to us". This makes me regard it a possibility that the planets could be just massive "mirrors" of sort, reflecting our thoughts back to us, certain kind of thoughts with certain magnitude and so on. I think there's a very distinct pattern which can be associated with at least the distance of the planet, probably with other physical factors too, since physical is linked to the more "not-seen-with-the-eye" that we deal with in astrology, something you dont see but is very evident all the same.