Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tapeworm removed from mans brain

Simbi Laveau

http://iwidk.com/2013/02/28/lead-singer-of-punk-band-gets-pig-tapeworm-removed-from-his-brain-after-eating-vegetarian-burrito/

Lead singer of a punk rock band was experiencing seizures ,and was diagnosed with a brain tumor . When surgery was performed however ,a tumor isn't what they found.

The pork tape worm in this case,is not the same one you get from eating undercooked pork .

That one is called Trichinosis ,and lives in the colon .

This one seems to be transmitted via poor hygiene after using the rest room .Attacks the brain quite often .

The singer is a vegetarian ,so he definatey ate no pork . He thinks he picked it up in Central America .

• Like 1

And people don't think they should wash their hands. It can cause you all kinds of problems if you don't. Can end up with herpes of the eye and go blind because you don't wash your hands.

• Like 3

And people don't think they should wash their hands. It can cause you all kinds of problems if you don't. Can end up with herpes of the eye and go blind because you don't wash your hands.

That's true. Health is the most important thing, we can't just play with it
  • Like 1

It doesn't kill to wash your hands after using public rest rooms.

• Like 2

Sheesh there are so many things in the world that can get us, no matter how careful we are. I have no problem with washing my hands -- I know about colds and the flu and hepatitis -- and I don't eat pork, although for other reasons. Still, we cannot live in a bubble.

Maybe the world should give off the habit of shaking hands and instead adopt the Japanese bow or that Thai/Indian "wye."

I'm always washing my hands every chance I get. After reading this story, I'm glad that I have a habit of wanting to stay clean.

• Like 1

Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness...

However the lightbulb has popped up over my head.

Why don't we worm young kids like we do with puppies?

Prevention is better than cure if you like.

The overall experience will be even more pleasant than taking jabs.

However pork tapeworms are not notorious for being in the brain.

This morbid spaghetti is more likely to be found in the gut.

It's imperative not to touch faesces or else you'll find it in your spool samples.

One person actually did this in the name of medical science.

But he drank a solution with a pork tapeworm inside.

Btw there are certain roundworms that do burrow in your brain.

I'm just glad there's no extreme close-ups of the tapeworm to go with this thread.

The gaping maw will put you off your full English...

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

Rest Room hygene: That just reminded me of of some survey I read about that was taken on bar peanuts, you know the ones I am talking about, peanuts that are freely available on pubs bars, the outcome of the tests revealed the presence of 27 different types of urine.

I'm told that urine is sterile.

Edited by Frank Merton

Used to be a huge fan of Frenzal Rhomb when I was younger, during the 90s. I remember hearing a few months back that he was seeking medical treatment for a brain tumour, weird it turned out to be this.

They were always known as a 'hippy drongo' punk band in Australia, seems fitting haha.

Most people probably wont like this song:

I'm told that urine is sterile.

Some people within certain cultures, still practice Urine therapy as an alternative medicine. Many survival experts will tell you it is OK to drink your own in a survival situation, providing you consume it immediately because it goes rancid quite quickly. Although Military manuals still don’t support the drinking of urine.

The urethra contains bacteria, & any urinary tract infections, urine should be sterile but it is a waste body product which will require an increased volume of water to absorb it, similar to alcohol or salt water.

Personally speaking.. I have only used urine to warm my hands in survival situations or certain environments.

• Like 1

I appreciate the info, although I only made the point so that people won't be grossed out by bar peanuts with pee on them. :yes:

Yuck. I always wash my hands. Damn must have been a shock for a vegan to get a tapeworm.

I had another thought on this. He ate in a restaurant and the employees didn't wash their hands then touched his salad. Pork was stored too close to vegetables. He was seeing someone and they feed each other and they didn't wash their hands.