Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Four more years

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#151    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

View Postjoc, on 13 November 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

It is though you are sitting in the living room and I am telling you the back porch is on fire.   You seem not to be worried about the porch at all...when you just have to know that it is going to be in your living room sooner than later.

Okay, let me ask you another question.  You can't afford your operation right?  So what sense does it make for your husband to come home with a $250,000 boat he bought on credit, pulled by an $80,000 BMW also bought on credit.   And then he says, pack up our bags MisMelsWell...we're moving to Beverly Hills...I just bought a Seven Million dollar mansion....on credit.  You would throw an absolute hissy fit!  And then he would be all like...it's not as bad as you're flailing and writhing on the floor about.

Thats right, maybe Bush shouldn't have put a riduculous war on credit huh?

Maybe we should all looks at providing some health for our friends, family and neighbors... health care isn't on par with a BMW, a boat or a mansion. You've just put medical care on par with luxury items. Personally,  I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY! It's worth far more than a BMW. Thanks. I guess I have some compassion and empathy for my family firends and neighbors. Or would you be willing to kick in on paying my hospital bill? Cuz someone will need to help me out or I'm going to be in big trouble with my mortgage company. Maybe I should ask my mom and dad? That's Romney's solution isn't it?

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#152    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 13 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Thats right, maybe Bush shouldn't have put a riduculous war on credit huh?

Maybe we should all looks at providing some health for our friends, family and neighbors... health care isn't on par with a BMW, a boat or a mansion. You've just put medical care on par with luxury items. Personally,  I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY! It's worth far more than a BMW. Thanks. I guess I have some compassion and empathy for my family firends and neighbors. Or would you be willing to kick in on paying my hospital bill? Cuz someone will need to help me out or I'm going to be in big trouble with my mortgage company. Maybe I should ask my mom and dad? That's Romney's solution isn't it?
Can we please stop blaming Bush for every little thing?
Here is something for you to chew on as well...Your Insurance Premium is, to a large degree, determined by your CREDIT SCORE!
That's right!  So two people, same age, same gender, same health risks, (let's say none) may pay drastically different premiums for the same exact policy because person #1 has excellent credit and person #2 has really bad credit.  Did you know that?

What is “insurance scoring”? How is your insurance score related to your credit history and your ability to obtain insurance?
Insurance scoring is a method of rating an individual's risk for making claims for certain types of insurance based on selected aspects of their credit history. The insurance industry cites statistical evidence showing a strong correlation between good credit and fewer claims and poor credit and more frequent/more costly claims. Based on this correlation, an insurance score may be used both as a screening factor for an insurance applicant's acceptability and as a rating factor for placing a consumer in a particular risk classification, which has a bearing on the cost of premiums and insurance benefits.
The vast majority of insurers use insurance credit scoring in underwriting and rating auto insurance. Many insurers also use insurance scoring related to homeowner's property-casualty insurance.
LINK

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#153    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Joc, I think anyone with half a brain knows that.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#154    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 08 November 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

There is no incentive anymore for people to be succesful, we punish the succesful by wanting to tax them more and making them out to be evil.

No offense, but I can't see people like the Rothchilds being good in anyway. How can you sit there with the money to feed and house everyone on the planet twice over while there is children starving to death lying in their own feces. I'm sorry if that sounds really disgusting and forward but what other way is there to put it? These people carry on giving the US and other countries debt while sitting there earning billions. These people are ruining your beloved America. They ruined it the moment they lied to everyone and got their central bank in place. The central banking system was one of the key reasons the US people fought the British for independence.

I would love to be an American if it was the country it was supposed to be, but sadly it's not. It's just a bigger and worse UK because of the banking system, oil industry and corporate companies.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#155    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I would love to be an American if it was the country it was supposed to be, but sadly it's not. It's just a bigger and worse UK because of the banking system, oil industry and corporate companies.
America is a bigger and worse UK because of the uncontrollable size and power of the Federal Government.  How can you miss that?  How can you miss that having billions doesn't make you the caretaker of those who don't. How can you miss that it is 'corporate companies' (also know as corporations) both large and small (mostly small) that create the jobs that people have?

The central banking system was one of the key reasons the US people fought the British for independence.
We didn't go to war with a banking system dude.  We went to war with an oppressive government!   Government becomes Oppressive when all of the power is at the top.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#156    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 13 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Personally,  I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY!
In the context of obamacare....

...Not to be religious, I am not, but I don't think healthcare is a god given human right. I believe health is only god given. The rest is up to you and not me. If I can help you I would. If I can't, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

Another question... If you consider your life not to be a luxury then how do you feel about abortion? I feel any abortion not relatated to major health concerns, rape and incest is a life treated as a luxury item cut off as a matter of convenience to the bearer. That's not a religious view at all. It's a matter of morality that came to fruition on my own will.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 14 November 2012 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

#157    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,054 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

We don't have any 'god-given' human rights.

All the rights we have were dictated by other humans.  That means we can redefine them, as a society, any time we'd like.

We live in one of the most prosperous countries in all of human history, and we should be able to make sure people have fair and equal access to health care.  I think we owe it to the people of our society to help out when possible.  I understand people 'live off the system' and that makes me mad as well, but I'd rather see that than someone lose their entire lives savings because of an unfortunate health problem.

If 'god' had anything to do with it, why would anyone ever get sick?

#158    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postsupervike, on 14 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

We live in one of the most prosperous countries in all of human history, and we should be able to make sure people have fair and equal access to health care.
Yes you are right. I believe we should have a government responsible enough to balance a budget and live with OUR means and when that day happens and I see our taxes being handled properly I will be the first one advocating a tax paid responsibly handled universal healthcare system.
Even many supporters of obamacare will admit it may not be right or perfect but at least it's something. I can never expect perfection but if it ain't right then it ain't right.

Posted Image

#159    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 14 November 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

In the context of obamacare....

...Not to be religious, I am not, but I don't think healthcare is a god given human right. I believe health is only god given. The rest is up to you and not me. If I can help you I would. If I can't, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

Another question... If you consider your life not to be a luxury then how do you feel about abortion? I feel any abortion not relatated to major health concerns, rape and incest is a life treated as a luxury item cut off as a matter of convenience to the bearer. That's not a religious view at all. It's a matter of morality that came to fruition on my own will.

So in short, you're totally ok with people dying because they can't get healthcare due to being unable to afford it.

Ok, no worries, I'll just get that surgery, then when I can't afford the bill, I'm just going to not pay it (because I can't) and you'll just end up paying for it in the long run anyway. No sweat.

See how not having a healcare works against you too? You're going to pay for it one way or another. The way you pay for it really is your choice. I personally think forcing people into financial ruin over a hospital bill is grotesque. Therefore I support other methods of keeping our communities healthy.

#160    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 15 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

So in short, you're totally ok with people dying because they can't get healthcare due to being unable to afford it.

No. Never mind. This is always the same.

Posted Image

#161    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 15 November 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

No. Never mind. This is always the same.

You didn't give an answer previously except something about healthcare not being a human right. So that means to you it's something else... but what, I can only assume. Sorry you left yourself open to that. What happens to people who can't afford it? Do they die? Do you yell at sick people to get a job or four jobs for that matter? What?

#162    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 15 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

You didn't give an answer previously except something about healthcare not being a human right. So that means to you it's something else... but what, I can only assume. Sorry you left yourself open to that. What happens to people who can't afford it? Do they die? Do you yell at sick people to get a job or four jobs for that matter? What?
Ok, healthcare is not a human right. It's a human ability. As for the rest yea yea croak and die is my M.O.

Posted Image

#163    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Wow, I stil can't tell if that's an answer or not. What would you do if you were president regarding health care? Nothing isn't an answer. And make sure your solution is one you can get through the house and senate. Go.

#164    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 15 November 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Wow, I stil can't tell if that's an answer or not. What would you do if you were president regarding health care? Nothing isn't an answer. And make sure your solution is one you can get through the house and senate. Go.
Please. Am I in school? First, I asked a question first and you've completely and predictably played the heartless jerk card on me. Second, I'm not running for president but I've already said many times before that I would first have to see a government proven to be fiscally responsible. So many things need to happen for that to happen and that means every constitutional obligation is being met and being handled properly before the next phase. That would take a full 8 year presidency at the very least and starting from day one.  Third, after that goal is complete and assured to continue for time to come assuming I have been the most immaculate, fastest acting president the country has known and ever will know, I would propose a fiscally cautious and responsible universal healthcare system that the citizens approve of first. Remember, everything else has to be in order first. Waste must be a proven thing of the past. A president as great as I has very high expectations.
I certainly wouldn't jump in my first term during a financial crisis with no knowledge of finances, spend like hell on stimuli and propose a financially disastrous, single payer end game oriented healthcare bill that penalizes you heavy and monetarily through the power of the IRS for not agreeing with it which is dancing around the finest and arguably invisible print the US constitution has buried within its oh so loose interpretations and have an irresponsible congress blindly vote for it on a Christmas Eve when nobodies paying attention less than two years into my rookie presidency just for my own egotistical pleasure. I certainly wouldn't do those things. Have I earned your vote?

Posted Image

#165    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

In other words it wouldn't be a top priority in a time of so many other more important priorities. Maybe there are issues with healthcare as we know it but seriously we are broke and it could be worse. Do you think people wont be dying post obamacare? It's not as if we currently have an epidemic of people dropping like flies. You make it sound like without obamacare we are living in the dark ages.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users