Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neanderthals co-existed with us for millennia

UM-Bot

Humans and Neanderthals are now believed to have lived alongside one another for as long as 5,000 years.

A new study involving the most comprehensive ever dating of Neanderthal tools and bones has revealed that, far from disappearing upon the arrival of modern humans, Neanderthals lived alongside our ancestors for thousands of years.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271218/neanderthals-co-existed-with-us-for-millennia

• Like 1

victims of racism, in all probability. just to show how much we have advanced spiritually. and we're wondering why ETs don't come down and say hi.

• Like 1

It always saddens me to learn that our species can not pull together to rapidly annihilate some of our near relatives in the evolutionary Game of Thrones.

I thought this was a common assumption, since bones of both species have been found in the same layers in Europe.

• Like 2

Neanderthals just turned into modern humans through interbreeding, I know this because when I looked at my late grandfather, I could see he looked very much like Neanderthal. Or you can also look at Ron Perlman- he is definitely a Neanderthal.

• Like 1

We should bring them back. Europeans basically exterminated them like the Native Americans so now we have the capabilities to bring these humans back and live peacefully on the planet. In fact it's our obligation to do so.

Neanderthals just turned into modern humans through interbreeding, I know this because when I looked at my late grandfather, I could see he looked very much like Neanderthal. Or you can also look at Ron Perlman- he is definitely a Neanderthal.

On average everybody except Africans has 2% - 4% neanderthal dna in them. I've got quite a few gingers where I live in England so I think it might be 20% here lmao.

Edited by RabidMongoose

I thought this was a common assumption, since bones of both species have been found in the same layers in Europe.

I thought that was the case too, how did we manage to out compete with them or interbreed if we did not live alongside them?

• Like 1

This is my take the Neanderthals men were known by bones surrounding the caves to have left their women and children out of the caves to freeze .The homo sapien was a little smarter in order for their species to survive took care of their women and their off springs :)

Just look at Danny Trejo!!

Just look at Danny Trejo!!

Love that guy; all round nice dude, and awesome character actor.
  • Like 1

This is my take the Neanderthals men were known by bones surrounding the caves to have left their women and children out of the caves to freeze .The homo sapien was a little smarter in order for their species to survive took care of their women and their off springs :)

I think thats a crock ;)

This is Russian boxingman called "Nikolai Valuev". It is said that he is one of the greatest specimens of Neanderthal genes.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 1

This is Russian boxingman called "Nikolai Valuev". It is said that he is one of the greatest specimens of Neanderthal genes.

Untitled.jpg

Shaving foam and a sharp axe??...what a sissy.

I use tabasco and a dull ice-skate.

• Like 2

I think thats a crock ;)

not really, a specie doesn't survive unless their off springs survives. the Neanderthal was known to have disappeared in a cold spell :)

• Like 1

not really, a specie doesn't survive unless their off springs survives. the Neanderthal was known to have disappeared in a cold spell :)

Yes and no, Neanderthals were sophisticated and capable breeders so why not capable of love and respect of their own. Its likely if there are remains of Neanderthal women and children outside a cave then it might be evidence of a tragedy or a murder scene even but not necessarily of a Neanderthal tradition. And who knows how cold it was at the time of death?

I'd heard that the assumption was the neanderthal were low fertility, and likely did not have many offspring, just 2 or 3 that lived to adulthood.

Whereas the invading Homo Sapiens Sapiens, who came up from the south probably had 6 to 10 kids and thus simply out populated the neanderthal. Consumed into the neanderthal's food source, and thus pushed a already balanced species over into decline.

Hi Docyabut2,

I suppose that if you don't accept that Neandertals were an intelligent and caring hominid group,then the information in the last link I gave would be of little interest to you.However the people that spent the time and effort to research the subject by professionals,in my opinion is valid.I will add a couple of other links that will likely be of even less value to you than the last one,unless of course you read it without personal bias

http://www.stonepage...archives/002155

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2013/12/16/neandertal-grave-attests-to-complex-cognition/

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8

Hi Docyabut2,

I suppose that if you don't accept that Neandertals were an intelligent and caring hominid group,then the information in the last link I gave would be of little interest to you.However the people that spent the time and effort to research the subject by professionals,in my opinion is valid.I will add a couple of other links that will likely be of even less value to you than the last one,unless of course you read it without personal bias

http://www.stonepage...archives/002155

http://blogs.scienti...plex-cognition/

jmccr8

Hi jmccr8 :)one has to asked, a specie doesn't survive unless their off springs go on surviving, so what happen to the children in this cold spell when the Neanderthals disappeared? The homo sapiens managed to flourish even mating with a few Neanderthals .

Hi Docyabut2,

I don't have time right now to find links as I am off to work soon .Neandertals had experienced several situations that affected their population over a period of time,the same thing happened with Denisovan populations as well.My personal view is that these archaic people were absorbed by a new and advancing population of H.s.s. just in the same way that other archaic hominids were absorbed into the Neandertal and Denisovan populations earlier in history which is how we came to be.The homo species is still evolving and will continue to do so it is how our species adapts to survive.

They didn't just dry up and blow away in isolation to leave not trace other than some bones and stones,their legacy lives on through us.

jmccr8