Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should you let a dog lick your face ?

UM-Bot

Every life form has it's germs. Personally I don't let my dog lick my mouth and I brush his teeth daily with a product specifically made for dogs. I've never caught anything from any of my dogs. However, my children have made me 'sicker than a dog' more times than I can count.

Edited by Lilly
syntax
  • Like 2

It's not that I let them,it's that I can't stop them.

You must have some seriously big dogs!

I've paid dogs to lick my face.

What do you pay them with...milkbones?

• Like 1

Why just a dog?

Almost every animal is able to lick its backside, genitals and other animals, think its a bit unfair to name dogs, my cat licks me all the time.

Its no different than a hamster licking your finger(mine used too), or a cow, horse, sheep pig, parrot or budgie.

If the animal is healthy and well looked after, I don't think there is any harm in it, although I'm not a big fan of dogs.

• Like 1

I try not to let my dog lick my face because she is nasty and sometime eats disgusting things. Sometimes she'll get me though... I haven't died yet...

• Like 1

You must have some seriously big dogs!

A lab/shepard mix that just goes where he wants and a jack russell that can sneak anywhere he wants. Those two together can be a terror...

• Like 1

I let our dogs give me a lick or two to the face. Once in awhile they'll get my mouth, but I try to avoid that

• Like 1

If I know the dog has just raided the litter box, then I'll definitely avoid it. Otherwise, I'm not trying to have my face licked, but if it happens, I'm not gonna think I'm dying.

• Like 1

No. I won't allow it. Having said that my dog is not a "people licker". So I don't really have to worry about this.

He does like to sniff and smell the hell out of people and he does like to hug and place his head on my shoulder. But he never licks.

• Like 1

I let my own dog lick my face... never been faced with a random dog that wanted to.

• Like 1

Not on the first date.

(oh come on, someone had to say it..)

post-95887-0-91240100-1457101236_thumb.j

FTR, my dog (as illustrated, now sadly RIP) was trained very early not to do that, and also not to jump up on people's legs. I regard it as good etiquette and got a lot of feedback about how well-behaved he was, but I would also point out that Snoop was the easiest dog *ever* to train, generally only having to be told a coupla times... If he wasn't like that I prolly wouldn't have bothered. :).

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Not on the first date.

That's what they always say! :whistle:

And I have to say...ChrLzs, your doggie was so cute I'd have let him give me a little kiss. :wub:

• Like 2