Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One drop, big bang...

Mad Manfred

Video of a guy combining two every day chemicals to create an explosive drop of gel that can obliterate a large water-melon.

Hate to see one of those pens on a 747.

-Edit-

Edited by SaRuMaN
Link removed

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KGS3333

• AtlantisRises

• SilverCougar

• Chauncy

Video of a guy combining two every day chemicals to create an explosive drop of gel that can obliterate a large water-melon.

Hate to see one of those pens on a 747.

Are those everyday chemicals?

Are those everyday chemicals?

I'm assuming they're chemicals one could purchse without much of a problem. Don't really know for sure though.

I'm assuming they're chemicals one could purchse without much of a problem. Don't really know for sure though.

I was under the impression that was was shown was a newer type of explosive that is not common but poses a serious threat none the less.

I was under the impression that was was shown was a newer type of explosive that is not common but poses a serious threat none the less.

Another "great thing" that science has made possible. :no:

KGS

Edited by KGS3333

Interesting

Edited by SwampGator

First off... you're not allowed to bring lighters and matches on planes. Sure there are easy ways to sneak them on...

And KG.. if you dislike science and technology.. why on earth are you useing a computer and the internet?

Science brings you everyday things. Do you brush your teeth? Science brought you toothpaste, and the plastics to make a toothbrush. Do you drive? Science and technology is how we have the cars we have now. Watch TV? Cook your food on a stove/oven or microwave? You come across as a hipocrate...

First off... you're not allowed to bring lighters and matches on planes. Sure there are easy ways to sneak them on...

And KG.. if you dislike science and technology.. why on earth are you useing a computer and the internet?

Science brings you everyday things. Do you brush your teeth? Science brought you toothpaste, and the plastics to make a toothbrush. Do you drive? Science and technology is how we have the cars we have now. Watch TV? Cook your food on a stove/oven or microwave? You come across as a hipocrate...

LOL, I love it when someone makes the "using the computer" comment. I can use something and be critical of the processes that brought it about. That's what freedom is all about, right. It's interesting how the fascist tendancies of atheism come out in situations like this. Incidently, no, I don't drive a car, and am proud of it.

Oh, and by the way, it's "hypocrite," not "hipocrate".

KGS

I'm not picking on your spelling. ;)

I'm kind of confused as to why you keep going on about how science and technology is evil.. yet keep on useing them. And if that athiest comment was about me.. I'm hardly an athiest. And yet, I'm not anti science or technology. There's a good and bad with everything and you have to live with it. You on the other hand come into these threads and make comments about how evil science is... And when you're called out on it.. you dance around the questions like Shirlee Temple. When asked to back up any of this "I know" statements with proof or evidence, but instead demand proof from those who oppose your narrow veiw. And the BEAUTY of it, is when proof and evidence is given, you either ignore it or dismiss it. So yes, you come off like a rather big hypocrite.

LOL, I love it when someone makes the "using the computer" comment. I can use something and be critical of the processes that brought it about. That's what freedom is all about, right. It's interesting how the fascist tendancies of atheism come out in situations like this. Incidently, no, I don't drive a car, and am proud of it.

Oh, and by the way, it's "hypocrite," not "hipocrate".

KGS

Whats atheism got to do with this thread?

KGS, is it your religious beliefs that come into play with all your posts? Why do you have so much hatred?

As far as technology goes Silver Cougar is dead on. It takes alot of smug hypocracy to sit and enjoy the technological advances in the world and in a two-faced motion chastise the manner in which that technology was bestowed to you..........maybe you should just thank those that are able to function free of religious confinement to bring you these things instead of vomiting words of disparagement.

In regards to the substance that this thread is concerned about. It is not science that is to blame for what could happen with this new discovery, the fear is what it could do if it fell into the wrong hands........like the hands of a religious fanatic for example.

I agree SC.

It is amazing how people deride the scientific process while having little idea of it and ignoring the fact that little if any progress would be made without it.

While I am sure that wearing animal skins and living in a cave WOULD have benefits I am hardpressed to describe what exactly those benefits are.

While KGS certainly has the freedom to dislike or hate science it is foolish to automatically hate something because it is science. Certainly there are some advances that it would seem might have been better to be done without. But in the end science is not evil. It is one of the purest pursuits of all. Pursuing Knowledge knowing that the knowledge quite probably will not be gained in your life time yet still pursuing it because of the benifits it might afford future generations.

While I am sure that wearing animal skins and living in a cave WOULD have benefits I am hardpressed to describe what exactly those benefits are.

Actually, this is not true. Science only came to the fore in the mid- to late-19th century, and since mid-20th-century has seriously strayed from being a means of generally improving the physical well-being of humans to something much more dubious.

Without the help of science, people managed to advance well beyond the world of "living in a cave".

KGS

Actually science came about from Anceint Greece, Egypt, China, Japan, Rome...

Then when Christianity took over, sciences were called "witchcraft" and "evil" and plummeted humanity into the Dark Ages... (edit in... Japan and China who didn't have this issue, excelled in the sciences) it wasn't until science was embraced again did we start becomming as advanced as we are now.

Edited by SilverCougar

You obviously have no concept of what science is.

Science was how the caveman decided which type of wood was best suited to burn.

It was how people first started using metals, the making of alloys and the like. Science was not created in the mid to late 19th century. It has existed for centuries under many names. The wisewoman who would give certain herbs to ease a persons pain was practicing science, and as such was persecuted by the church.

For millenia the science of metallurgy has been used to improve weapons or tools.

The fermantation of sugars has existed for millenia with the making of wines and the likes.

While today science seems far removed from the relatively primitive science of our early years still it was science that those primitive men used.

Certainly since the Neolithic Revolution Science has been an integral part of our society. Though hidden behind names and termed "Magic" or "Holy" it is never the less the driving force behind very nearly all our achievements.

Whats atheism got to do with this thread?

KGS, is it your religious beliefs that come into play with all your posts? Why do you have so much hatred?

As far as technology goes Silver Cougar is dead on. It takes alot of smug hypocracy to sit and enjoy the technological advances in the world and in a two-faced motion chastise the manner in which that technology was bestowed to you..........maybe you should just thank those that are able to function free of religious confinement to bring you these things instead of vomiting words of disparagement.

In regards to the substance that this thread is concerned about. It is not science that is to blame for what could happen with this new discovery, the fear is what it could do if it fell into the wrong hands........like the hands of a religious fanatic for example.

That's funny that you should accuse me of having "much hatred" for simply holding a differing opinion on a topic. I've never expressed any ratred, that I can recall, and if anything that I have written was construed that way, then I apolgize. But when it comes to hatred, God knows how much has been spewed in my direction by atheists, pagans, and anti-Christians. Some of the messages that I've read here and elsewhere for the simple fact that I choose to express my Christian beliefs--in a very reasoned manner, no less--have just been astonishing. The most confined people that I've met here are those who are fanatically opposed to Christianity; they truly seem to fear the expression of ideas that differ from their secular concepts of "reality," especially, I tend to believe, when they know deep down that what is being spoken is the Truth, but do not want to face it. Becoming Christian is a truly liberating experience, don't misrepresent it as being something else, please.

As for these things falling into the hands of a supposedly "religious fanatic," let's keep in mind that these technologies are by and large misused by non-religious people. The vast majority of wars have been started for political and economic reasons. Moreover, "non-religious fanatics" such as Hitler and Stalin, an atheist and communist respectively, have been the cause of greatest amount of human suffering. It's interesting how people conveniently overlook this fact when levelling criticism against religion, when the forefathers of their own secular and anti-Christian worldview have a less than stellar history of human rights.

KGS

You obviously have no concept of what science is.

Science was how the caveman decided which type of wood was best suited to burn.

It was how people first started using metals, the making of alloys and the like. Science was not created in the mid to late 19th century. It has existed for centuries under many names. The wisewoman who would give certain herbs to ease a persons pain was practicing science, and as such was persecuted by the church.

For millenia the science of metallurgy has been used to improve weapons or tools.

The fermantation of sugars has existed for millenia with the making of wines and the likes.

While today science seems far removed from the relatively primitive science of our early years still it was science that those primitive men used.

Certainly since the Neolithic Revolution Science has been an integral part of our society. Though hidden behind names and termed "Magic" or "Holy" it is never the less the driving force behind very nearly all our achievements.

Oh, give me a break, you know quite well that "science" in relation to this discussion has to do with orgaized science as we know it now. You just know that you're going to lose any argument against me that deals with the innumerable problems that science has and still is causing us.

KGS

Rubbish. How many wars have been fought in the name of the "One god" since David carved out his little empire.

How many people slaughtered by your "Holy men"

The fact is that for 2000 years the Christians have oppressed people who attempted to hold a different view. Have colonised lands owned by people they considered "Less" then themselves.

Have advocated Slavery, Murder, Warfare, Hatred, Intolerance and much more besides.

Have hoarded vast amounts of wealth while assuring people that by allowing their greed the people would be rewarded in a later life... All the while reaping the very rewards on their own.

For centuries they have meddled in politics, have commited mass genocides beyond count and have rarely if ever been held accountable... While it is true that many others have also commited terrible crimes, only a blind man could not see the gallons of blood upon which the churches were constructed.

Oh, give me a break, you know quite well that "science" in relation to this discussion has to do with orgaized science as we know it now. You just know that you're going to lose any argument against me that deals with the innumerable problems that science has and still is causing us.

KGS

I know that any reasonable argument that doesn't fit your extremely limited view of the world will be ignored and that you will assume the mantle of the winner no matter how ridiculous your arguments truly are for the simple reason that you refuse to consider any other

Actualy, I found being away from Christianity very liberating. But religion is a personal view.

However, you look at who uses sciences and technology in bad ways making such things evil all around. Yet what about people who uses science and technology for good? Steven Hawkings, and those who came up with the technologies to let him write his books, use his geniousness while his body is paralized. Was that evil?

Walking on the moon... getting up to Mars to see it's surface. Was those things evil?

What about medications that heal people, along with all the wonderful technologies at doctors' hands to help people. Those are bad?

Like I said. There is good and bad with *everything*. Technology, Science, Religion, Gods, Athiesm, liveing... You have to deal with it.

The most confined people that I've met here are those who are fanatically opposed to Christianity; they truly seem to fear the expression of ideas that differ from their secular concepts of "reality," especially, I tend to believe, when they know deep down that what is being spoken is the Truth, but do not want to face it. Becoming Christian is a truly liberating experience, don't misrepresent it as being something else, please.

The opposition lies not with your belief in christianity but the lack of grace and tact your posts exhibit. Especially in this thread that has no real bearing on how you view NonChristians. Come on over to the spirituality and Skepticism board and we can discuss your views with alot more elbow room without getting to far from the topic that this specific thread is devoted to.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p?showforum=116

I know that any reasonable argument that doesn't fit your extremely limited view of the world will be ignored and that you will assume the mantle of the winner no matter how ridiculous your arguments truly are for the simple reason that you refuse to consider any other

As I've said so often to people of your ilk, I have read and understood more on a wider variety of subjects than you ever will.

KGS

Shame you show how much you lack in many subjects you claim to know about.

Well.. atleast fail to back up your claims.

As I've said so often to people of your ilk, I have read and understood more on a wider variety of subjects than you ever will.

KGS

People of my Ilk?

A statement well in fitting with the near Nazi impression you are portraying of yourself.

You obviously are under the impression that when you Flatuate you do the people around you a great service...

However I must state that disguising ignorance as a disireable trait is little short of intellectual cowardice

The opposition lies not with your belief in christianity but the lack of grace and tact your posts exhibit. Especially in this thread that has no real bearing on how you view NonChristians. Come on over to the spirituality and Skepticism board and we can discuss your views with alot more elbow room without getting to far from the topic that this specific thread is devoted to.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p?showforum=116

Well, I was discussing the topic at hand as I saw fit, and as usual other people saw fit to turn this into an assault on my way of seeing things. And please don't single me out for my posts supposedly lacking "grace and tact"--I have always discussed issues here and elsewhere in a reasoned and measured manner, only to have insults and invective hurrled at me by anti-Christians and the like. The fact that you would do something of this sort does not come as all that much of a surprise.

KGS