Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Dinosaur-extinction Theory

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Darlon

Darlon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

Verneshot

What do you think about this Theory?

#2    Shaftsbury

Shaftsbury

Transitional Fossil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

What this theory doesn't explain:

* The impact events are associated with layers of extraterrestrial material, such as the iridium of the KT event. This would need to be present in Earth's mantle and there is little evidence to support that.

I think this is a biggie for the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event. The iridium layer would seem to suggest an impact with an object of extraterrestrial origin.

"He hath need of his wits who wanders wide,
aught simple will serve at home;
but a gazing-stock is the fool who sits
mid the wise, and nothing knows."

from the Elder or Poetic Edda

The Isles of Aledeon - Roleplay World

#3    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• 1,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

where is the proof?we have proof a meteor struck in the yuccatan penansula.where is the proof of this spontaneous eruption??? ohmy.gif

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

#4    Darlon

Darlon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(openmind1963 @ Apr 28 2005, 04:59 PM)
where is the proof?we have proof a meteor struck in the yuccatan penansula.where is the proof of this spontaneous eruption??? ohmy.gif

View Post

I have to admit, I know very little about how this theory came into existence.

#5    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• 1,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(Darlon @ Apr 28 2005, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE(openmind1963 @ Apr 28 2005, 04:59 PM)

View Post

I have to admit, I know very little about how this theory came into existence.

View Post

me neither.that's why i was asking.in truth that's all we have are theories since there is no recorded text presdating our ancestors. laugh.gif
user posted image

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

#6    Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:23 AM

I heard of this theory recently, here, in a site that talks about some possible end-of-the-world scenarios: http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm . For some reason, the theory sounds kind of comical to me. Maybe it's the site's description...

"The earth literally caves in underneath your feet. Next thing you know, you find yourself falling into this colossal, gaping hole, many kilometers deep and hundreds of kilometers wide. You, your house, yes: your entire country is sucked in. Deep down below, you might just be able to see the red hot flicker of the Earthís restless bowels.

And if that spoils your day -- just wait. For deep down underneath you, the gaping hole starts to collapse. Starting from below, the crater squeezes tight, like some ridiculously large gullet contracting. Traveling at the speed of sound, the squeezing comes straight at you.

Incoming!: What goes up, must come down

And then, itís: POP! Youíre blasted out of the hole, like a piece of wet soap, catapulted out of someone's hand. And youíre not the only one that is launched. In fact, your entire country pops out, along with tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of rock and soil. The debris -- and you -- fly off into the stratosphere.

Letís face it: by now, youíre probably dead. But for arguments sake, letís say youíre not. Next thing you know, you find yourself hovering over the Earth, like some oddball DIY astronaut, sitting on a chunk of debris. You fly and fly, and then, just when youíre beginning to appreciate the view -- oh boy, going doooooooown!

The Earthís gravity pulls you back in again. You impact on the other side of the planet, together with your entire country. Ka-boom!"

#7    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

thats a interesting theory, thx for the link  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#8    The Roswell Man

The Roswell Man

Poltergeist

• 2,662 posts

• "Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups''

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

hmm.gif ....
marduk and co will cut this up for breakfast. thumbsup.gif  original.gif

HONOURARY MEMBER OF THE JEDI FLIRT LEAGUE NUMERO UNO

''FEEL THE FORCE''

Posted Image

#9    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

LOL! True, but is indeed very interesting.

#10    starlitkate

starlitkate

Mummer's Star

• 1,431 posts

• I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels, but I call them my best friends

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

Ya I have studied this theory some. Not much, but a little to know a few basics.Yes it is possible for the volcanoes to collapse and erupt throwing debris into the air. For look at how much a pinch of volcanoe smoke can do to the atmosphere-alot of damage. So then it would set off the ring of fire, therefor creating no sunlight, which would lead to no sun, no heat--consider this theory with the ice age-we have wooly mammoths in perfect condition to prove that. Or the volcanoes would set off the earthquakes resulting in heat and cold air coliding, resulting in tons of hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes-therfor also in return resulting in poor water that would kill you drinking it which in revelations of the end times will be called 'wormwood', bad air, ozone layer gone resulting in overheating. So the 'big' volcanic wordly eruption could lead to so many things. We'll find out one day!! I think since dinasours lived millions and billions of years before us that possibly dinasours went extinct thru many different periods on the earth. Like ice age being one, poor drinking water, sort of a end of days scanerio with the blackened skies and such. Many many times they could have died. Till finally there was none of them left. wink2.gif

- Signature removed, exceeds 500x150 size limit -

#11    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

Homer killed the dinosaur species remember.  He sneezed.  *shakes head* Poor little buggers, never had a chance.  sad.gif

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#12    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

I still think it was an asteroid. hmm.gif

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#13    Nineteen

Nineteen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• "Avino Veritas"
    --------
    "i got 2! watches rock, 2!!"

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Ok, here is my veiws about this

How much gas would it take to send a huge piece of rock into the air when it takes tons of rocket fuel to blast a small rocket into space.  The gas would have to have enough force for something to potentionally explode out of the depth of the ocean and still have enough momentum to reach outer space, and if enough gas were to build up and explode with that amout of force, then the earth would most likely break a little.  I cant see how this idea works.

IM ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS WITH ALL TOP NAME PHYSICIANS AND CRYPTOZOOLOGISTS. LETS FACE IT, IM A BIG DEAL.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#14    smallpackage

smallpackage

This sentence will end now.

• 1,111 posts

• War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures.
    -Ron Paul

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

Rare and Unusual Human Creature: That site is damn crazy

#15    Accident

Accident

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:25 AM

hhmm i dont understand scientific language, but maybe the gulf of mexico is where the metoriote landed... and then.. um.. fell off?......

The Meaning of life is that there is no meaning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users