Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ouija boards sold as "toys" - a good idea ?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91    Viral

Viral

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Nothing is true
    Everything is permitted

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

They've always been bloody toys! It's not some weird ancient magic, it was invented by Parker Brothers for ****'s sake! Followed by one of the largest sighs in my life I've decided to just quit now.

Posted Image

#92    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:35 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 05 February 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: (PD)</strong>
Image credit: (PD)
Ouija boards are considered by many to be something not to be dabbled with - should these really be sold in toy stores ? Some believe ouija boards can be used to contact the dead or to summon demons but toy stores around the world still sell them to children as young as 8. Should stores stop selling them as toys or are they as harmless as they seem ?

"Toys R Us is selling Ouija boards, promoting them as acceptable for children as young as eight years old. The pink edition of the Ouija board is listed for girls eight-years-old and up while the regular version is designated for all children eight and up. Stephen Phelan, communications manager of Human Life International, checked the website and reports that the findings are disturbing."

Posted Image View: Full Article | Posted Image Source: One News Now

Of course they are a good idea !!!! anything to keep our kids quiet & occupied ...& who believes in BS Ghosts these days ..Ghost DO NOT EXIST & if you think they do then you have way to much time on yr hands & show me some evidence

#93    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• [i]"There were plants and birds and rocks and things.[/i]

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

No, not a good idea.  Ouija boards should be banned altogether.  Few people know that if you rearrange the word Parker Brothers in the Frisian language, you get "Satan's Toy Company."*  I suppose it's now my job to explain everything to everybody!  :rolleyes:

*Not a true statement

---CGM

Nothing creates controversy quite like the truth.

#94    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 15 March 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

No, not a good idea.  Ouija boards should be banned altogether.  Few people know that if you rearrange the word Parker Brothers in the Frisian language, you get "Satan's Toy Company."*  I suppose it's now my job to explain everything to everybody!  :rolleyes:

*Not a true statement

:lol:

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#95    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 15 March 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

No, not a good idea.  Ouija boards should be banned altogether.  

No way.. I would miss contacting my great grandma ...I lost my last one.. need a new one so hey why ever not?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#96    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 March 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

No way.. I would miss contacting my great grandma ...I lost my last one.. need a new one so hey why ever not?

All right, we'll make an exception for those who need to contact their loved ones from Beyond.

---CGM

#97    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 16 March 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

All right, we'll make an exception for those who need to contact their loved ones from Beyond.

No playing favourites now.. if you make an exception for the likes of me ..may as well do it for all  lol

#98    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 March 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

No playing favourites now.. if you make an exception for the likes of me ..may as well do it for all  lol

OK.  Everybody just cut loose, then!  Have your little freedom!  Unleash the demons upon the earth!
When the names of your next prime ministers or presidents are something like Beelzebub, don't come running to me!

:D

---CGM

#99    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 16 March 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

OK.  Everybody just cut loose, then!  Have your little freedom!  Unleash the demons upon the earth!
When the names of your next prime ministers or presidents are something like Beelzebub, don't come running to me!

Hush   let me pretend  it's fun  LOL

Truth bde told - I have never been near a Ouija board.. .I don't beleive in them..but for now...I am pretnending :P

#100    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

OK, so it's proof we want!  How about this?

This is a transcription from an EVP captured at Eastern State Penetentiary, which as everybody knows is a popular vacation spot for ghosts.   (Skeptics:  Don't be surprised when the actual tape shows up on Youtube!  How's THAT for credibility?)

Ghost #1:  Whaddup, Tom?  Wanna go scare some teenagers with us?  I got tired of playing with these doofuses from Ghost Hunters.  How many times can one of them say "What's that?!?!" when one of the camera crew steps on a pebble or bumps against the wall?
Ghost #2:  Nah, Tim.  I wish I could, but headquarters has got me on Ouija detail.  There's this kid in Nebraska who just bought a new Ouija board and I've got to leave here in a few minutes to go there.  
Ghost #1:  Ooh, it really blows to have your vacation cut short like that.  Sorry to hear you've got Ouija detail, dude.  So you've got to hang around the board and answer her questions until she decides to stuff the ouija in the attic?
Ghost #2:  Yeah...I got demoted.  The chief has really been pissed at me ever since I possessed Charlie Sheen.  Apparently only demons are authorized to possess celebrities!  La-de-dah!
Ghost #1:  Yeah, that sucks.  Demons get all the good stuff.  Britney Spears.  Muammar Gaddafi.   Lindsey Lohan.  It's politics, I tell you!
Ghost #2:  Tell me about it!  Well, I gotta run.  I see she's opened up the board and has some friends coming over.  Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will spill Diet Coke on the board and ruin it!
Ghost #1:  May be!  Hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Ghost #2:  Thanks!  Later, dude!

So this EVP shows very conclusively that ghosts actually do hang around Ouija boards!

Sorry to have to wave this in the face of all you doubters, but there it is!

---CGM

#101    Vzy4kat63

Vzy4kat63

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Of course they should stop selling them at toy stores.. There nothing but bad luck & I should know I had a bad encounter with one, believe me or not that's your choice but I'm sticking to my story and I should of listened to my mother when she told me never to fiddle with one. There dangerous, and could open up a door that you don't want opened.

#102    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,362 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

I know it's a heresy here but I don't believe in ghosts.  I do believe in demon spirits because the Bible speaks of them often.  I think that anything that invites them into your life is a negative thing and as such should be avoided.  This board is no doubt considered just fun for the many who play at it but for those with a bit more serious bent... I believe it can act as a portal through which invitations can be made.  After all, the primary attraction of the thing is that it is "spooky or dangerous".  Let the parents choose.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#103    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,948 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostVzy4kat63, on 12 May 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Of course they should stop selling them at toy stores.. There nothing but bad luck & I should know I had a bad encounter with one, believe me or not that's your choice but I'm sticking to my story and I should of listened to my mother when she told me never to fiddle with one. There dangerous, and could open up a door that you don't want opened.
Lego can be far more dangerous.

#104    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

oh... cool i didnt know they sold ouija boards at toys are us! i gotta go buy one ;)

#105    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,551 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

The last few times I've seen any at Toys R Us, they were the smaller, glow in the dark ones, which just don't seem quite large enough for more than two people.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users