Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Unknown “creature” captured on trail camera

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Not sure what I am meant to be looking at, is it the thing in white?

Posted Image

#32    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

There's a couple of things that bother me about this video. The first is that it's a one second loop. unless I'm missing something there should be additional video of approach, sitting down and then doing whatever it's supposed to be doing. Second, and this is more theatrical,  why is it we only seem to get the back side and not the face? I can buy into the fact that Squatches may come in a variety of colors since humans and apes have color variations, however this one looks like it's the Marilyn Monroe version of platinum blonde.

Am I missing something?

#33    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

SunnyBlues, on 23 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Okay, it's a sleeping bag and boots which is hiding the creature's legs. A second analysis youtube video has been released. Please fast forward to time = 9 min to see the head turn and the snout seen to be breathing air!

thanks for showing this because now i am totally convinced that it is a person wrapped in a blanket crouched at the fire.
he has something in his hands that is up to his mouth and he is blowing smoke through it, or something similar. you can plainly see that whatever is extending from the mouth is not part of the body.
the bottom line with this for me is that there is nothing but one second of film to see this so called creature. where is the part where it walks into camp? where is the part where it leaves camp? what does it do besides sit and smoke by the fire?
i call bullcrap yet again.

#34    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

JGirl, on 23 October 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

thanks for showing this because now i am totally convinced that it is a person wrapped in a blanket crouched at the fire.
he has something in his hands that is up to his mouth and he is blowing smoke through it, or something similar. you can plainly see that whatever is extending from the mouth is not part of the body.
the bottom line with this for me is that there is nothing but one second of film to see this so called creature. where is the part where it walks into camp? where is the part where it leaves camp? what does it do besides sit and smoke by the fire?
i call bullcrap yet again.
You've nailed it IMO.  Person draped in a sleeping bag and taking a sip of a coffee or something.
These "experts" have lost a lot of credibility with this one!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#35    GhostHunterChickx

GhostHunterChickx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

JGirl, on 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

looks like a person squatting there. i don't see any reason to think it's a sasquatch or any other mysterious creature.

I think it's probably a person in a sleeping bag or some kind of suit.....

#36    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

synchronomy, on 23 October 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

You've nailed it IMO.  Person draped in a sleeping bag and taking a sip of a coffee or something.
These "experts" have lost a lot of credibility with this one!
yes! sipping a coffee or other hot beverage - that's exactly what it looks like if you go to 9:18 on the video and pause it. the shape of a cup is obvious there.

#37    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,259 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

This looked good at first blush, but now, with just 5 minutes of looking at the video and reading about it, it seems clear this is probably someone out getting a smoke, or some coffee. They make white thermal underwear with a hoodie on it, don't they? I think they do.

A second guess of a bear also seems good, but less likely, as was mentioned it would have probably gone after stuff on the table, and probably woke up those drunks too.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#38    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,259 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

DieChecker, on 23 October 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

This looked good at first blush, but now, with just 5 minutes of looking at the video and reading about it, it seems clear this is probably someone out getting a smoke, or some coffee. They make white thermal underwear with a hoodie on it, don't they? I think they do.

A second guess of a bear also seems good, but less likely, as was mentioned it would have probably gone after stuff on the table, and probably woke up those drunks too.

I think bigfoot, and an albino at that, being a distant third in likelyhood.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#39    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,662 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hey guys, it was me. I'm was just testing out my Unknown Creature (aka Bigfoot) costume for Halloween. And what better a place than UM, right?

Sooo, I guess it's a no go then?....... :( .

I don't understand it, I thought I looked more and more convincing as the night went along... :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 24 October 2012 - 03:07 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#40    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I thought trail cameras were motion-sensing cameras that were mounted on trees along trails to take still pictures whenever motion is sensed after they're left. They have flashes so they give nice clear shots even when it's completely dark.

This looks like a video clip from a cell phone taken in a camp site during the middle of the night, not something from a trail camera.

#41    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

scowl, on 24 October 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

I thought trail cameras were motion-sensing cameras that were mounted on trees along trails to take still pictures whenever motion is sensed after they're left. They have flashes so they give nice clear shots even when it's completely dark.

This looks like a video clip from a cell phone taken in a camp site during the middle of the night, not something from a trail camera.
There's some low-budget cameras available and the picture quality is similar to what's shown.
Looks like these experts took the low-budget approach to their equipment.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#42    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

AHAHAHA!

Are you people kidding me? A tarp = bigfoot now?

#43    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,398 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

JGirl, on 23 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

yes! sipping a coffee or other hot beverage - that's exactly what it looks like if you go to 9:18 on the video and pause it. the shape of a cup is obvious there.

I don't think Bigfoot drinks coffee.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#44    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Sweetpumper, on 24 October 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I don't think Bigfoot drinks coffee.
well that settles it then doesn't it...

#45    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,662 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I'm getting a vision... this will make episode 3 on this year's Finding Bigfoot.  "Compelling footage!" "Late night visitor!" or some such crap.

The team will whoop and whistle and yodel investigate the area, even getting a squatchy heat signature and some vocalizations.

Then, pack up and set their sights 2000 miles away!

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users