Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The anti American Americans

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

no not on this forum - you are not to preach on the threads - read the rules
enough with your preaching now

I stopped preaching a few posts ago, but I have a right to true freedom of speech. I don't feel a desire to listen to somebody who is clearly intollerant, prejudice and disdainful.

Regardless, take care, JG. I'll say a prayer for you before I go to bed tonight and will hope for the best.

Later.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#32    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,350 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

And I'll say one for you, Insaniac, because anyone who is so callous as to happily consign his fellow man to being forever lost simply because they don't agree with you needs all the prayers he can get.

#33    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

And I'll say one for you, Insaniac, because anyone who is so callous as to happily consign his fellow man to being forever lost simply because they don't agree with you needs all the prayers he can get.

Callous means one has an indifference to anothers suffering, which is nonsensical because I am far from that. It's better to build someone up, than it is to tear them down. Theres more joy in giving, than there is in recieving.

If you don't agree with a morally just, forgiving, and loving God, thats fine. It really is. Freedom of choice.

The choice is ultimately yours and yours alone, to decide whether or not you want to be "forever lost."

Everyone has the freedom to live however they want. However, wrong conduct comes with it's consequences.

There are no consequences for doing right. Think about it.

I hope that made sense. I'm just trying to point out a truth. I apologise if I come across as disrespectful.

Take care, Wearer.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#34    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,745 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 30 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I stopped preaching a few posts ago, but I have a right to true freedom of speech. I don't feel a desire to listen to somebody who is clearly intollerant, prejudice and disdainful.

Regardless, take care, JG. I'll say a prayer for you before I go to bed tonight and will hope for the best.

Later.
no one is trying to deny you freedom of speech. please dont make the mistake of thinking that means you can say whatever you want wherever you want.
there are guidelines here that state that no one is allowed to preach their religion on the boards. this is not my rule, but it's a good rule.
i am intolerant of people who push their beliefs on others. i make no bones about that as you can see. disdainful...hmm  not really applicable here, and what was the other? oh yes, prejudice. also not applicable here. seems like you just want to use nasty words yourself there bud.
ah well water off a duck's back as they say
you go ahead and pray for me, that's very nice of you. thank you.
btw i am not a nonbeliever in god but i do  think it's very sad that some people aren't happy unless everyone believes what they do.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#35    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,745 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

well said

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#36    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,350 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Inaniac, I believe in a God who through the sacrifice of his oly son redeemed the sins of the world.
Noone is abandoned, or consigned to the lonesome grave, because everyone is redeemed by the blood of the lamb Jesus. That's why the Catholic church holds true to the doctrine of Purgatory, we all go there to be purged of our sins.

#37    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,261 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

There is no God.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#38    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 31 December 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Callous means one has an indifference to anothers suffering, which is nonsensical because I am far from that. It's better to build someone up, than it is to tear them down. Theres more joy in giving, than there is in recieving.

If you don't agree with a morally just, forgiving, and loving God, thats fine. It really is. Freedom of choice.

The choice is ultimately yours and yours alone, to decide whether or not you want to be "forever lost."

Everyone has the freedom to live however they want. However, wrong conduct comes with it's consequences.

There are no consequences for doing right. Think about it.

I hope that made sense. I'm just trying to point out a truth. I apologise if I come across as disrespectful.

Take care, Wearer.
I'm sorry but I don't think I need building up... Morality that comes from rules (don't do this because... if you'll do this, I'll do that) is maybe OK for people who think like kids but an adult doesn't need the fear of punishment to act morally... or fear of a reward for that matter.  Your perspective is flawed.  You act because of a god, I act because of Me.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#39    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,350 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postacidhead, on 31 December 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

There is no God.
of course not, it's Sunday - he's having the day off.

#40    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Anyhow back to the topic. I dont agree with everything these folks have done, but I get it. This is the result of a over bearing government who has went way to far infringing the rights of the people.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#41    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 31 December 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Anyhow back to the topic. I dont agree with everything these folks have done, but I get it. This is the result of a over bearing government who has went way to far infringing the rights of the people.

Being a libertarian at heat (see Etienne de la Boetie, discourse on voluntary servitude) I understand what you are saying but on the other end, isn't choosing god over a governement a leap towards an other extreme?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#42    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,389 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 30 December 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Their beliefs could be deadly.. Radical religious groups worry me more than the government.. They are often blinded by their undeniable faith in God, and tend to lose sight of the "picture".
Right.  Don't let the body counts fool you.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#43    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,261 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostParacelse, on 31 December 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Being a libertarian at heat (see Etienne de la Boetie, discourse on voluntary servitude) I understand what you are saying but on the other end, isn't choosing god over a governement a leap towards an other extreme?

Being a Libertarian means that you are free to express yourself openly and within the market as long as you do not infringe on the property of another individual. If the individual chooses god over his GOV so be it... it's her choice.  

I should add:  GOD and GOV should never be compared.... one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#44    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,115 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postacidhead, on 01 January 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

Ok that was the quote of the day that I will actually remember :tu:

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#45    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

View Postacidhead, on 01 January 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Being a Libertarian means that you are free to express yourself openly and within the market as long as you do not infringe on the property of another individual. If the individual chooses god over his GOV so be it... it's her choice.  

I should add:  GOD and GOV should never be compared.... one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

Excellent I love it.

République No.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users