Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Norton AntiVirus

flutterbye

Okay, I'm a newbie to this forum and I have a problem with Norton AntiVirus. On my System Status, it has Norton Virus with a red Attention. I click on it and it says to run Live Update. I do, but nothing changes, even though it tells me "All of the Symantec products installed on your computer are currently up-to-date. Remember to check for new updates frequently.

LiveUpdate session is complete."

BUT in the System Status box it shows that my Virus Definition need Urgent Attention....it will not update it. Anyone have any ideas???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crosswarrior

• flutterbye

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What year is your Norton? It is possible that it is outdated as far as the subscription; in which case it would be advisable to either resubscribe. Or you could also just use another Virus scanner. One that we use at the ISP I work at is AVG from www.grisoft.com. It is free for personal use and I have seen very few times wereas it was inferior to Norton.

What year is your Norton?

I just bought it in April, and purchased the subscription about 90 days later. The weird thing is the date says 8/9/2004.

It is possible that it is outdated as far as the subscription; in which case it would be advisable to either resubscribe.

How does one resubscribe??

Or you could also just use another Virus scanner. One that we use at the ISP I work at is AVG from www.grisoft.com. It is free for personal use and I have seen very few times wereas it was inferior to Norton.

Thank you....I may resort to that!!

Here is the web address for the Norton "Live Updates" resubscription http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/subscribe...lect_region.htm

Although if you wish to continue using Norton you may just want to get the 2005 version.