Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,871 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostMider, on 30 August 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

I've yet to see anyone 'clearly' debunk the real footage. The footage that was mass released to media outlets is not the real footage. That footage is clearly a hoax..and seems to have been a hastily made diversion.

Sure is strange that in a city of well over a million of people at any time and the largest religious site in the world that the ones who took the video of the "UFO" are the only ones who saw it...
Even MUFON says it's a hoax and they'll believe just about anything is a UFO.
Can you provide us with the "real footage"?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 August 2012 - 05:11 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#32    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Sure.

The 1st video is the footage aired by all the major news networks and media outlets.

http://www.telegraph...lem-shrine.html

This video shows the same video as above, but in comparison to 2 other 'real' videos. When you look at them side by side..it is clear that they are not the same videos.

When you see how amateurish the 'officially released' version looks in comparison to the (alleged) actual videos, it just screams 'Disinformation'.

Also, MUFON does not believe in everything they see..MUFON has their own agenda, and often try to use their influenced to discredit anything anyone finds other than themselves.

Edited by Mider, 30 August 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#33    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,871 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Yes. It's all disinformation and cover-ups. Couldn't possible be a hoax, right?
Still waiting for those other witnesses.

All 3 videos are terrible. It screams cgi when the light shoots into the sky. I've seen more convincing UFO's on the X-files.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 August 2012 - 05:51 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#34    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Is it just me or does it seemed NASA doesn't spend a lot of money on camera? Seemed like most of their clips are poor quality.

#35    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,380 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostMider, on 30 August 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Badeskov, the moon is a satellite of the earth, without the earth and its gravity it would not exist. Our man made space installations that most call satellite are bound by the same principles..being gravity.

Indeed they are. Both artificial and natural satellites are bound by those principles.

I think the objects pretty clearly seem to be defying the earths natural gravitational pull.

I don't think we can determine that from that clip. Since we only see them for a short period of time I don't see where they defy the Earth's gravitational pull. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#36    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 August 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Yes. It's all disinformation and cover-ups. Couldn't possible be a hoax, right?
Still waiting for those other witnesses.

All 3 videos are terrible. It screams cgi when the light shoots into the sky. I've seen more convincing UFO's on the X-files.

Awesome! Well...at least we have the definitive opinion on the subject!

#37    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,871 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostMider, on 30 August 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Awesome! Well...at least we have the definitive opinion on the subject!

Keep your tinfoil hat on, buddy. The truth is out there.

I'll quit derailing your thread now.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 August 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#38    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 August 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Keep your tinfoil hat on, buddy. The truth is out there.

I'll quit derailing your thread now.

Thank you for your profound insight!

#39    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,051 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 30 August 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

No, nor did I ever claim it to be scientific. I am convinced, i.e. in my opinion, that is what they are. However, since satellites/ice/debris exists and are observed all the time, don't you think chances are that is exactly what they are? In fact, cis-lunar space is literally crammed full of junk upto geostationary orbit.

Hello Badeskov,

I suppose one could argue that the fact that satellites/ice/debris etc are observed all the time then the chances that if it WAS one of the mentioned then it would have been identified by now :)

Therefore the chances are it isnt as suggested  :whistle:

#40    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

This looks more like the typical NASA/ISS footage, in which people often claim to see UFOs.

And this:

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 30 August 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#41    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Then here we have one from June 2012 that supposedly shows "massive" UFOs.  All of this at least looks more like real NASA/ISS video compared to the one that was posted here at first.  I don't say that every one of these videos is a real UFO, but neither do I buy all of the usual NASA explanations,  This one looks a little dubious to me, I admit.

#42    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Hello Badeskov,

I suppose one could argue that the fact that satellites/ice/debris etc are observed all the time then the chances that if it WAS one of the mentioned then it would have been identified by now :)

Therefore the chances are it isnt as suggested  :whistle:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Space_debris

#43    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,091 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 30 August 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

No, nor did I ever claim it to be scientific. I am convinced, i.e. in my opinion, that is what they are. However, since satellites/ice/debris exists and are observed all the time, don't you think chances are that is exactly what they are? In fact, cis-lunar space is literally crammed full of junk upto geostationary orbit.
And beyond.

There are graveyard orbits beyond geostationary where satellites are sometimes dumped when they're about to come to the end of their operational life.  It's not practical to bring down geostationary satellites and burn them up in the atmosphere / crash them in the ocean like is regularly done, so they are sometimes just bumped into a higher orbit before they die.

edit: found this interesting illustration of space debris around earth:

Posted Image

Edited by Archimedes, 30 August 2012 - 07:44 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#44    Futhalero

Futhalero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

I believe the first video posted on this topic is two geostationary satelites.

First, the videos always show the suposed UFOs right before sunrise, wich is the perfect time to see artificial satelites, because from your point of view, the sun is still below the horizon, but to the satelite, the sun is already shining (and the light is being reflected to your eyes, thus making then apear as points of light).

Also, the video is speed up, so it's hard to determinate it's real distance or velocity. But, being so close to each other reminds me of ESA SYLDA's dual payload technique, used in Ariane 5 launch to put two satelites in geostationary orbit. Once the payload is in geostationary orbit, the satelites are released in oposite directions (never prograde or retrograde because that would change the orbit). This results in the satelites being apparently close to each other as you can see in this picture:

Posted Image

#45    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,380 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 30 August 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

And beyond.

There are graveyard orbits beyond geostationary where satellites are sometimes dumped when they're about to come to the end of their operational life.  It's not practical to bring down geostationary satellites and burn them up in the atmosphere / crash them in the ocean like is regularly done, so they are sometimes just bumped into a higher orbit before they die.

edit: found this interesting illustration of space debris around earth:

<snipped image>

Indeed. We are rather good at filling up space with "stuff" :P I rather like that illustration.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users