Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mythology dragons

Mystogan

Hello,

I am trying to find lot of stories with picture of a dragon... It can be from any years... it can be legendary or mythology dragon.. doesn't matter.. you are welcome to share your knowledge of dragons in here.

I am looking for a certainly legend or a story about a dragon.. its a black dragon that can fly in the sky and can land on ground with legs.. so on and on.

you can write a short summary about a dragon and be sure to included a picture of the dragon.

Edited by Mystogan

I'm not clear as to what you're asking. You're looking for a specific story that already exists, or you're asking us to invent one for you? If the former, you'll really need to give us more information beyond "it's black and can fly." What culture is the myth from?

• Like 1

I'm not clear as to what you're asking. You're looking for a specific story that already exists, or you're asking us to invent one for you? If the former, you'll really need to give us more information beyond "it's black and can fly." What culture is the myth from?

i am asking for any stories or legendary that doesn't exist in google but exist in books and old books... doesnt matter which one.. i would appreciated that you share it in here. and no invention... i trusted that you already know what is a "dragon" that can fly (it mean it has wings) and can breathing fires... and the color of scale is black.. and the culture can be any countries... if you have any questions, let me know and i will answer them. and if you know any stories that has to do with dragons... please share as well. even its not black dragon.. i am just trying to find a clue about a certain dragon and where it come from.

========================================================================

WolvenHeart7,

I tried to use google to find any stories of dragons last year.. and its useless. I even was looking for a certainly book that my half-brother had.... a dragon book and i couldn't find it. anyway.. just saying that i did used google.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Fix page distortion

Stories of black dragons of the traditional, fire-breathing winged lizard European variety... What color were the dragon's under Vortigern's castle in Arthurian tradition?

Just looked it up, they were white and red, Saxon and Welsh.

The Greek Typhon was sometimes described as black, but doesn't fit the physical model, aside from being partly snake.

Hello,

I am trying to find lot of stories with picture of a dragon... It can be from any years... it can be legendary or mythology dragon.. doesn't matter.. you are welcome to share your knowledge of dragons in here.

I am looking for a certainly legend or a story about a dragon.. its a black dragon that can fly in the sky and can land on ground with legs.. so on and on.

you can write a short summary about a dragon and be sure to included a picture of the dragon.

What is the actual purpose of your requirement from us? why are you collecting lots of stories about dragons.

What is the actual purpose of your requirement from us? why are you collecting lots of stories about dragons.

its a long story and complicated. however, i am very interested in any story of a dragon that has wings and could breathing fire.. and you can say its because i am very curious and want to find answers to my questions.

Stories of black dragons of the traditional, fire-breathing winged lizard European variety... What color were the dragon's under Vortigern's castle in Arthurian tradition?

Just looked it up, they were white and red, Saxon and Welsh.

The Greek Typhon was sometimes described as black, but doesn't fit the physical model, aside from being partly snake.

alright. i will look it up. and please keep going on.. thank you for sharing these info.

Wasn't there a dragon in Beowulf or the Nibelungenlied which inspired Tolken for his dragon Smaug?

Fafnir was the Nibelunglied dragon. I don't remember the dragon that kills Beowulf having a name.

• Like 4

i am asking for any stories or legendary that doesn't exist in google but exist in books and old books... doesnt matter which one.. i would appreciated that you share it in here. and no invention... i trusted that you already know what is a "dragon" that can fly (it mean it has wings) and can breathing fires... and the color of scale is black.. and the culture can be any countries... if you have any questions, let me know and i will answer them. and if you know any stories that has to do with dragons... please share as well. even its not black dragon.. i am just trying to find a clue about a certain dragon and where it come from.

======================================================

WolvenHeart7,

I tried to use google to find any stories of dragons last year.. and its useless. I even was looking for a certainly book that my half-brother had.... a dragon book and i couldn't find it. anyway.. just saying that i did used google.

The only dragon I can think of that fits the criteria you ask for (black, winged and fire breathing), is Ancalagon the Black, who is mentoned in The Silmarillion.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Fix text in quoted comment causing page distortion
  • Like 2

The only dragon I can think of that fits the criteria you ask for (black, winged and fire breathing), is Ancalagon the Black, who is mentoned in The Silmarillion.

interesting... i am going to look it up as well.

EDIT: I have looked it up and can you tell me more about the Ancalagon the black. i am quite interested in the story of that dragon.

Fafnir was the Nibelunglied dragon. I don't remember the dragon that kills Beowulf having a name.

Wasn't there a dragon in Beowulf or the Nibelungenlied which inspired Tolken for his dragon Smaug?

Yes there was a dragon in Beowulf, but i believed that dragon was the child of the demon, the one who acted that role was Angelia Jolie.. i could be wrong.. but in my head, i recall that beowulf is also responsible for the birth of that dragon...

Edited by Mystogan

Try Dragonology The complete book of Dragons by Dr. Earnest Drake

EDIT: I have looked it up and can you tell me more about the Ancalagon the black. i am quite interested in the story of that dragon.

There isn't really much to say about Ancalagon really, other than that in The Silmarillion he is created by Morgoth as the first of the winged dragons, and is eventually killed by an elf called Earendil.

Yes there was a dragon in Beowulf, but i believed that dragon was the child of the demon, the one who acted that role was Angelia Jolie.. i could be wrong.. but in my head, i recall that beowulf is also responsible for the birth of that dragon...

In the actual myth the "demon" you mention is actually the mother of Grendal who Beowulf kills when he finds her lair.

The dragon in the myth is angered by someone stealing from it's hoard and Beowulf, who is a king at this point, fights it to free his people from it's wrath, but dies of his wounds shortly after the battle.

• Like 1

One book comes to my mind that I have always heard about . It's not a black dragon its about a red dragon The grand

Grimoire . The book was written by a man who was possessed by satan , but unfortunately no one can get their hands on it

the catholics have it at tucked away in the secret archives at the Vatican . The rumor about this book is the book is imperious to fire.

wow the manuscript was found in the tomb of Solomon . to bad the church will not release it

One book comes to my mind that I have always heard about . It's not a black dragon its about a red dragon The grand

Grimoire . The book was written by a man who was possessed by satan , but unfortunately no one can get their hands on it

the catholics have it at tucked away in the secret archives at the Vatican . The rumor about this book is the book is imperious to fire.

wow the manuscript was found in the tomb of Solomon . to bad the church will not release it

First, The Grand Grimoire it's not about a red dragon. It IS The Red Dragon. It's an alternate title.

Second, it's not locked away in the Vatican. In fact, it's available in your everyday occult book store, and online. A friend of mine owned one, that now belongs to his sister.

And third, it wasn't written by a man possessed by Satan, it's not impervious to fire, and, great shock, it doesn't work. Because it's fiction. Like all books about magic.

• Like 3

If you want to know about Ancalagon the Black, you should check out the Silmarillion. Give it a try, it's a great read.

And about Beowulf... what you are referring to it's that ****ty CGI movie. The actual myth is very different. Grendel's mother wasn't precisely naked golden Angelina. You should check out the original version if you are interested.

And since you expressed interest in Ancalagon you might like to read (or play) about a character inspired by him. Alduin the World Eater, from Skyrim (The videogame, yes) in the Elder Scroll series. It's not an ancient source, but hey, you are asking about dragons. All you are gonna get it's fiction either way. Whether it comes from old J.R.R. or Bethesda.

• Like 1

First, The Grand Grimoire it's not about a red dragon. It IS The Red Dragon. It's an alternate title.

Second, it's not locked away in the Vatican. In fact, it's available in your everyday occult book store, and online. A friend of mine owned one, that now belongs to his sister.

And third, it wasn't written by a man possessed by Satan, it's not impervious to fire, and, great shock, it doesn't work. Because it's fiction. Like all books about magic.

let me bow down before you ! It's been years since high school that I have read anything about it. But keep up the good work . I bet you make your mother proud

http://mystificum.co...-at-the-vatican

and even more

http://www.oddee.com/item_98972.aspx

oh no even more

http://www.paranormal-encounters.com/wp/the-satanic-grand-grimoire/

Edited by Darkenpath25

let me bow down before you ! It's been years since high school that I have read anything about it. But keep up the good work . I bet you make your mother proud

http://mystificum.co...-at-the-vatican

and even more

http://www.oddee.com/item_98972.aspx

oh no even more

http://www.paranorma...grand-grimoire/

I am sorry. I wrote a sarcastic response to your comment, but I'm deleting it. There is no point in arguing and hijacking this thread. You have the right to believe whatever you want, and so do I.

I see you just joined UM. I welcome you, and wish you a good stay in the forums.

Again, I'm sorry for being aggressive. The last couple of weeks have been rough.

Edited by Galego
  • Like 2

Do your own Home work.......

I

I am sorry. I wrote a sarcastic response to your comment, but I'm deleting it. There is no point in arguing and hijacking this thread. You have the right to believe whatever you want, and so do I.

I see you just joined UM. I welcome you, and wish you a good stay in the forums.

Again, I'm sorry for being aggressive. The last couple of weeks have been rough.

I appreciate that and hope things get better for you . I havent red much on the subject in years I was only trying to help this member find stories on dragon's .

Buona giornata

• Like 2

Ancalagon_v2_copy.jpg

Edited by LV-426

9781904263487.jpg

This is a crackin' wee book! It should be really cheap and pretty easy to get a hold of. Might give you some info you might find useful.

Other stories I can think of; the Silmarilion has been mentioned and well worth a look, as is the Hobbit- Smaug is an absolute legend. There's a dragon in the Iron Man, isn't there? The story of Sigurd (or Siegfried) vs Fafnir is also a famous classic legend.