Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

oceandust

I've been researching the West Memphis Three case and something sparked my curiosity. If you are familiar with the case, maybe you could provide me with an opinion.

As I was reading, I saw that Christopher Byers was prescribed Ritalin for his ADHD but in the initial autopsy report Carbamazepine, an anticonvulsant drug, was the only drug found in his system at a subtherapeutic level (below the dosage level to treat diseases). He was also the only one out of the three murdered boys who had drugs in his system. Christopher's father says he may not have taken his Ritalin the day of his murder but that doesn't explain why Carbamazepine was found. Maybe he suffered from seizures and was treated with the medicine I've done a lot of reading on this case and haven't come across anything stating that Christopher suffered from anything other than ADHD. This would also not explain why the dosage was under the level to treat an illness. So my question is...do you think the killer used this drug during the crime? And more importantly, why would a killer use an anticonvulsant drug on his victim? Any theories/opinions would be appreciated!

Christopher's father says he may not have taken his Ritalin the day of his murder but that doesn't explain why Carbamazepine was found.

After a quick google search, I found that Carbamazepine is indeed used to treat ADHD.

I think if it was referred to as Ritilan, then someone was clearly mistaken.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All three were guilty and one of the suspect's uncle helped them. Basically there was a documentary film made by a horrible filmmaker glorifying these disgusting animals. Then a bunch of Hollywood trash like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam ate up the lies and helped gain support and raise millions to get these psychopaths back out on the streets. Isn't out American justice system wonderful?

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker