Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Weird

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Fear is the greatest barrier to human growth.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

So I am sitting outside on my porch having me a smoke talking to my dad. We were looking at the lightning to the west of us. We look over to the east and he points out a plane. I'm looking at it, and it was flying towards east south east. The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright. I was still observing it wondering why a plane be so bright, then I noticed that it started to somewhat "swerve" as if it was playing. Then the light went from bright white to nothing and vanished instantly. The part of the sky that it was at had no clouds.

I'm not saying it was a UFO, I just wanted to share a strange object, and also see what you guys' thoughts on it are.

#2    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Well, if it was a strange object you couldn't identify, feel completely free to correctly call it a UFO.

Did you hear any noise at all?

edit: I love your statement under your avatar and info.

Edited by _Only, 22 August 2013 - 03:45 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostAsylumSpirit, on 22 August 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

So I am sitting outside on my porch having me a smoke talking to my dad. We were looking at the lightning to the west of us. We look over to the east and he points out a plane. I'm looking at it, and it was flying towards east south east. The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright. I was still observing it wondering why a plane be so bright, then I noticed that it started to somewhat "swerve" as if it was playing. Then the light went from bright white to nothing and vanished instantly. The part of the sky that it was at had no clouds.

I'm not saying it was a UFO, I just wanted to share a strange object, and also see what you guys' thoughts on it are.

No noise at all.

Thanks lol.

Edited by AsylumSpirit, 22 August 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#4    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

any stars out that night?

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think that it takes very little these days, for some people to get excited over something they fail to identify.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 22 August 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

any stars out that night?
Yes there are stars out at night.

View PostHazzard, on 22 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I think that it takes very little these days, for some people to get excited over something they fail to identify.
I'm not really that excited about it, I just wanted to share a strange thing that happened and get other's take on what it was.

#7    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostAsylumSpirit, on 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes there are stars out at night.

I'm not really that excited about it, I just wanted to share a strange thing that happened and get other's take on what it was.

You didn't say when this happened. If it was this month, maybe you caught a glimpse of August's annual Perseids meteor shower?

#8    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,497 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to the forums, Asylum! :)

#9    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

There are some weather baloons equipped w/ lights now, the swerving could ahve been it passing through wind currents.

Or a privately owned plane and someone just kind of screwing around

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,236 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostAsylumSpirit, on 22 August 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

The lights were not blinking, and as it is flying away from us the light is still pretty bright

Flying away you probabaly wouldnt be able to see the light, which is like a headlight at front. From rear I think you just see flashing wing and tail lights?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

It happened last night about 10pm in Northern Utah. There were no blinking lights at all. Later in the night I went to go have a cigarette again and I could see planes flying which had the blinking lights, but the object I saw earlier didn't have any. Just one bright light, even when it was heading east south east.

#12    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 22 August 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

There are some weather baloons equipped w/ lights now, the swerving could ahve been it passing through wind currents.

Or a privately owned plane and someone just kind of screwing around
There are a lot of private planes out here, but they are only prop planes. I live next to tons of farm land so they're usually flying around during the day but sometimes at night and you can clearly hear it and I have never seen them with headlights, just the red and green strobe lights.

#13    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postseeder, on 22 August 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Flying away you probabaly wouldnt be able to see the light, which is like a headlight at front. From rear I think you just see flashing wing and tail lights?

There were no tail or wing lights, at all.

#14    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,799 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostHazzard, on 22 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I know exactly what you mean - one night, I was leaving a mate's place at 1am (we had a "rubbish movie night") and we saw a bright light with search beams coming off it coming towards us. It was creepy as all get go. Logically, it was a helicopter running along the train lines doing a sight inspection (as he was close to the train lines, and that's where the lights seemed to be and the track was under maintenance at the time) but it was still very unnerving, we joked "if we don't see [me] again, it's because he was abducted".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#15    klambo

klambo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostAsylumSpirit, on 22 August 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

There were no tail or wing lights, at all.

The International Space Sation perhaps........... the swerve could just be a trick of the eyes.
I've seen the International  Space Station at night, and it's very bright white light and fast moving, and looks like it just dissapears from view.

Did your sighting look like this?

https://www.youtube....h?v=dTvf8Gwxqys

Edited by klambo, 22 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users