Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Concrete encased high school girl murder

Detective W

Well, this just...wow. All I can say. Wow.

Sometimes you stumble across something interesting in the course of a day. Sometimes you stumble across something so horrible you wonder how people like that exist.

Guess which day it is for me?

Japan, 1988/89

Three boys kidnap a high school girl and keep her hostage, forcing her to pose as a boyfriend for one of them to keep parents from getting suspicious.

'According to their statements at their trial, the four of them raped her, beat her, introduced foreign objects including an iron rod into her vagina, made her drink her own urine, inserted fireworks into her anus, and set them off, forced Furuta to m********e, and burned her with cigarettes and lighters'

When the boys refused to let her leave, she begged them on several occasions to "kill (her) and get it over with."

The boys only served about eight years in prison for the crime, pleading down to 'committing bodily injury that resulted in death' instead of murder. One of them was arrested again in July, 2004 after assaulting a friend he believed was luring a girlfriend away from him and even BRAGGING about his infamy resulting fromt his case.

At least one of them was apparently a low-level Yakuza member during this time, claiming he could have people killed for interfering. Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the Yakuza one of the gangs that actually have a code of conduct (I know Triads do).

...Normally, I don't consider myself a lynching man...but THIS sort of crime and in my opinion GROSS miscarriage of justice needs SOMETHING more than a few years in prison and then letting them off...

The Wiki article on the case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junko_Furuta

There was a link to the court article on it, but it's entirely in Japanese. If anyone here wants go through the effort of translation feel free to do so...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• mnemeion

• Detective W

• Cloudshill

What is wring with people????.......What is weong with justice????.......they NEVER should have been released!!!!.......<gets a rope.....

Texas looks better every day! :no:

I love TEXAS... :D send em over here.......we'll needle em !!!

Well, women in Japan are treated with such low value. Its a country full of egoistic men out to make money and be the best in their field.

I don't know what I'd do if either one of my sons contributed/participated in such brutal behavior toward anyone! I'd definately question my motherhood and carry more guilt FOR their behavior than they ever possibly could carry for themselves. What's wrong with people? And where were these kids' parents? I mean, especially the girl's? She was gone for 44 days! They didn't raise an eyebrow to this? Even after her calling them? They didn't take the incentive to involve the police? Even if she claimed to have ran away, they could still do something AS HER PARENTS! Perhaps there's more to the story behind them than what the article is saying, I admit, but seriously! OMG! I hate the evil in this world.

Edited by ValkyrieVoice

Only 8 years for kidnapping, torturing and raping someone for 44 days? You'd think the Japanese laws would be a bit stricter than the U.S.. I completely believe in an 'eye for an eye' in cases like this. Not every case, but with this type of brutality I say back at ya! I really do pray for the human race and the wacky people it seems to be producing lately. That poor girl! They should at least get a year for every day they took away from her. I'd like to introduce a foreign object in their little behinds---and it's called my steel-toed boot!! :angry2:

In Hamilton, Ohio, this past February a 17-year-old girl and her boyfriend broke into the home of a young woman recovering from brain surgery and proceeded to beat and torture her for nine straight hours.

Just 10 days ago the 17-year-old was sentenced to FORTY-FOUR years in prison. She won't get out until she's 61 years old.

The boy's also been convicted but he won't be sentenced until next month.

And the beaten girl seems to have recovered (at least physically).

Most teens in Japan live by themselves by High school, for training them to be better adults and help them deal with important and real life issues.

That may work in Japan but the general view in North America seems to be that the high school years especially require parental and family nurturing and guidance. In fact, here in the Mid-Western United States it's by no means uncommon for children to go to local universities and remain at home all the way through graduate school.

Wow they do this horrible act and only get 8 years but one of the guys got sentenced 7 years for just assault WTF is that?!?! Its ridiculous .

Well, from my understanding they pleaded down from murder to 'Causing bodily injury resulting in death' and claimed they believed she was 'maligning' which, from my not very indepth research is apparently exaggerating the extent of one's injuries.

Though how you can exaggerate the injuries from all that is beyond me.

As well, it seems the parents of the 'ringleader' were actually afraid of him as well.

As well, it seems the parents of the 'ringleader' were actually afraid of him as well.

In the Hamilton, Ohio, case I mentioned above the parents of both of the culprits wanted them sent to prison "for at least twenty years"!

And we wonder why this stuff keeps happening.

:tu: ~exactly!

• 2 weeks later...
Most teens in Japan live by themselves by High school, for training them to be better adults and help them deal with important and real life issues.

Yep, but they also have the highest rate of suicide of any First World country. Last check it was @38%.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does it say three boys kidnapped her, then say "the four of them raped her, beat her etc."?

It's amazing how unfair the justice system can be.