Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US calls for Piers Morgan deportation

acidhead

Piers Morgan deportation drama flares within gun debate

December 27, 2012

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...gun-debate.html

The petition to deport U.S.-based British television host Piers Morgan because of his stance on gun control has now collected over 80,000 signatures on the White House website – a number that far exceeds the 25,000 threshold that is supposed to trigger a government response.

The petition, which was created on Dec. 21 by a Kurt N of Austin, Texas, accuses Morgan of undermining the Bill of Rights and the rights of American citizens.

continued...

hahha....

FTR, Kurt N is Kurt Nimmo. He's a writer for Alex Jone's infowars.com. Alex issued the following statement a couple days ago in an article. I guess the editors at the CBC, Canada's GOV television news station aren't listeners to his daily radio show...... hahhaha

Despite the likelihood that the White House will ignore the petition, it is still important because significant media coverage of the controversy has drawn people’s attention to the fact that foreigners are now openly lecturing the American people about their own rights. The petition has also been a key exercise in using the first amendment to defend the second amendment and a reminder that Americans will not tolerate any attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms. http://www.infowars....organ-petition/

I signed that petition a few days ago *toothy grin*

Was an utter jerk to the NRA guy ,no matter what the topic was .

Feh .

• Like 1

About what?

Posted Today, 07:31 PM

Piers Morgan deportation drama flares within gun debate

December 27, 2012

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...gun-debate.html

The petition to deport U.S.-based British television host Piers Morgan because of his stance on gun control has now collected over 80,000 signatures on the White House website – a number that far exceeds the 25,000 threshold that is supposed to trigger a government response.

The petition, which was created on Dec. 21 by a Kurt N of Austin, Texas, accuses Morgan of undermining the Bill of Rights and the rights of American citizens.

continued...

hahha....

FTR, Kurt N is Kurt Nimmo. He's a writer for Alex Jone's infowars.com. Alex issued the following statement a couple days ago in an article. I guess the editors at the CBC, Canada's GOV television news station aren't listeners to his daily radio show...... hahhaha

Despite the likelihood that the White House will ignore the petition, it is still important because significant media coverage of the controversy has drawn people’s attention to the fact that foreigners are now openly lecturing the American people about their own rights. The petition has also been a key exercise in using the first amendment to defend the second amendment and a reminder that Americans will not tolerate any attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms. http://www.infowars....organ-petition/

You live in Canada, yet "foreigners are now openly lecturing the American people about their own rights."

So if your not an American Citizen,then your denied freedom of speech.

Admittedly he has been banging on his soap box a bit but it is his job on CNN and i don't see them pulling the reigns in on him,

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

Posted Today, 07:31 PM

You live in Canada, yet "foreigners are now openly lecturing the American people about their own rights."

hahha... I thought about that too for a second but at the end of the day Canada enjoys freedom of speech just like those who live in Britain and America.

We're all entitled to our own opinion bud.

Edited by acidhead

hahha... I thought about that too for a second but at the end of the day Canada enjoys freedom of speech just like those who live in Britain and America.

We're all entitled to our own opinion bud.

We are, aren't we? :)

• Like 1

Alex Jones did this only for the publicity though I do think he made a great point that, "The petition has also been a key exercise in using the first amendment to defend the second amendment and a reminder that Americans will not tolerate any attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms."

Wonder how many Gun Clubs now have his photo adourned on their targets :-*

• Like 1

Alex Jones did this only for the publicity though I do think he made a great point that, "The petition has also been a key exercise in using the first amendment to defend the second amendment and a reminder that Americans will not tolerate any attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms."

Yet, you live in Canada and debate the 2nd ammendment. Why?

CNN is an international news organisation. Practically every country in the world receives its broadcasts. I figure Morgan is just doing his job.

• Like 1

Yet, you live in Canada and debate the 2nd ammendment. Why?

Why not?.... the last thirty years or so has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.(T.Sowell)

• Like 2

CNN is an international news organisation. Practically every country in the world receives its broadcasts. I figure Morgan is just doing his job.

Agreed but Journalists should try to be Neutral and allow both sides of the issue to have equal exposure..

I don't agree with the NRA stance on this issue but at the end of the day there doesn't seem to be a viable solution.With an estimated 310 million firearms

in private ownership across the USA,the politicians are going to have to come up with amazing legistlation to control Guns.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

I'm trying to locate the counter petition, one that insists that since CNN wanted Morgan (replacing Larry King), they can bloody well keep him!

Look, under the US constitution, you enshrine freedom of speech. Morgan is exercising that, even if he's a sodding sanctimonious, arrogant little tosser. Watching him give evidence to the enquiry about press standards - via video link - and seeing him quote his own book was just priceless. And don;t get me started on the show they let him have over here, in which he gives a star an interview. Talk about mindless pap...

You can probably guess I'm not a fan of his...!

• Like 1

People from outside the US are entitled to an opinion on our way of doing things. Hell....they can jump up and down and turn blue if they want to..no problem. They just don't get a vote. We are right royally screwed up in some areas - which country isn't? But we'll tend our own business - thanks for the input :tu: Piers is a twit. The one exception I've seen to the American adage that even someone reading the phone directory sounds intelligent if it's done in an English accent :whistle: You guys should cut us a break on our foibles. Do we remonstrate over your internal silliness? It's just not neighborly.

People from outside the US are entitled to an opinion on our way of doing things. Hell....they can jump up and down and turn blue if they want to..no problem. They just don't get a vote. We are right royally screwed up in some areas - which country isn't? But we'll tend our own business - thanks for the input :tu: Piers is a twit. The one exception I've seen to the American adage that even someone reading the phone directory sounds intelligent if it's done in an English accent :whistle: You guys should cut us a break on our foibles. Do we remonstrate over your internal silliness? It's just not neighborly.

Huh?

Dot fall for strawpoll. :no:

He isnt a citizan. He isnt protected by the first amendment.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

• Like 3