Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The First Lady's Speech at The Oscar Awards

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,169 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Feb. 24, 2013

Now I've seen everything.  Barak Obama's wife just recited a speech from the White House just before the Best picture is announced live on television at The Oscar Awards.  Jack Nicholson, the presenter, introduced her.  She talked about how movies(motion pictures) manipulate the minds of viewers.... how they brainwash the nation... Holy ****... she just announced the winner as I type.... Argo.  

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Given your profile pic I find that highly ironic.

Edit: Oh, and 'Argo' is B.S.

Edited by Likely Guy, 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#3    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

I hate the Oscars.  And try to get news, the Oscars are all over the healdines!  UGH!  I want to know important things going on in the world, not watch the movie stars popularity contest.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

I missed the indoctrination speech. Anyone got a Utube of it. I like to stay at my peak when it comes to  Brownshirtin'

Nothing like Illumaniti showing there cards front stage like.

Edited by AsteroidX, 25 February 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#5    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,615 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Michelle Obama is a celebrity, nothing more.

Argo was a good flick - although there were many historical inaccuracies.

"A belief is like a guillotine, just as heavy, just as light." - Franz Kafka

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I missed Argo as well. But I hear there all multi millionaires now. hrmph.

#7    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,169 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Here's the video:

Edited by acidhead, 25 February 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#8    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,169 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

#9    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ahhhh wonder if she was "finally proud of my country" now that she got to act like a movie star for a night.Wonder how many of my tax dollars were spent for her having the time of her life.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

I think I saw you at 32 seconds acid

#11    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,169 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

This is straight up fascism in our face.  .. Argo didn't address the real players in the game during this period of modern history.  In the closing credits following the film it mentioned 'that after 444 days the hostages were released' but it FAILED to mention that Ronald Reagan was inaugurated the VERY SAME DAY the hostages were released.  WOW.. What a coincidence! Something the film editors felt was not worthy of mentioning.  

Thank you Michelle.  Your delivery was inspirational.

Edited by acidhead, 25 February 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#12    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

All I saw her deliver was a prewritten speech.

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 25 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

All I saw her deliver was a prewritten speech.

Dont say that asteroid,this woman loves everyone and everything in the world.One of the most sincere and modest people ever to live!Say it aint so asteroid,i want to really believe every word she says.Dont take the dream away :cry: Hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,591 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

View Postacidhead, on 25 February 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

This is straight up fascism in our face.  .. Argo didn't address the real players in the game during this period of modern history.  In the closing credits following the film it mentioned 'that after 444 days the hostages were released' but it FAILED...

...to mention that the Canadian embassy under former ambassador Kenneth Taylor in Iran was highly involved, so much more so than the CIA. :)

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Dont say that asteroid,this woman loves everyone and everything in the world.One of the most sincere and modest people ever to live!Say it aint so asteroid,i want to really believe every word she says.Dont take the dream away :cry: Hahaha

Ummit was the academy awards...need I say more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users