Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would an Alien Invasion Unite the World?

DreamRebel

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• Novo

• DreamRebel

• Roswell1973

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking back to our own history, ... No. The american Indians didn't unite together, instead some of them helped Cortez.

There is a book written by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. entitled, Sirens of Titan.

In the book Earth people are stolen by other Earthlings and taken to Mars where

they become Martians with transmittors in their heads. They are put in space

ships with no weapons and sent to Earth for the sole reason...to bring the whole

world together.

It is an old theme but a very interesting one and I think Vonnegut thought of it first. A good read.

There is a book written by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. entitled, Sirens of Titan.

I have never read Vonnegut, sounds interesting though.

I don't know if we would come together, or if it would tear us further apart. I would like to think that with a common enemy we would come together like we have in world wars of the past.

It would be nice to put an end to petty bickering over the small differences that we experience between different nations and races. Scapegoats do have a tendancy to unify a cause...

I think the Joe Bloggs would want too, But by the time the Governments agreed to work togther it would be too late!

Governments seem only interested in defending there own, unless there "interests are put at risk. If aliens landed in Bagdhad (Pre War) I think not an eyelid eould have been batted unless they headed straight for the Oil dontgetit.gif

You just need to look at history to see this repeating over and over. As much as I hate to Admit Humans are a "Look after Number 1" race , although I dream the day that we do unite and toss the politians into the sun along with the lawyers and possibly reality TV stars grin2.gif

Nice thought, Can't see it crying.gif (unless I dream thumbsup.gif )

Humans are selfish, and would not agree to not be at the top and control everything, If a "new" race of any kind is higher than us and had control, we wouldnt stand for that.

no.. most countries would lock down there borders and ever other possible means of communication... evantully running into a system of anarchy... evantully a new government would be set up... either a worse one or a better one... some countries would never lose the governmental system just there leaders power... similiar to todays democratic imperialisms and things like that... im not going into details about each country... im guessing the american government would run for there lives and leave the civilians for fish bait...

I doubt it the TV series V would be what I think would happen, Human deputies leading Joe Bloggs into the alien food chain.

As a sidenote; We have eradicated diseases such as smallpox, antibiotics can cure the plague and lepracy, but we cant cure a cold!

Using that logic:

What if the aliens just had great transport to get here, but when they decided to attack they pulled out spud guns?

I Believe that we would unite. Humans in general are very violent. Nothing unites people like a commen enemy. We see it again and again in all of history, modern and anceint.

Here's something to think about........

How long did it take for society in general to get over the differences of other races with colored skin. We are still in the process of accepting this today.

What about religon?

Can everyone agree that everyone has a choice to believe in whatever they chose?

With those two questions in mind ........how hard do you think it would be for everyone to unite in a common goal no matter what it is.

We know that alot of the things we are doing to the world right now is destroying it........but have we all united to make it stop?

Saddly, I think that the answer is no.

For all of our sakes I hope that when the time comes when government officals can no longer denie the existence of extra terestrials, that those beings are here for peace and not domination. alien.gif

It would be nice to put an end to petty bickering over the small differences that we experience between different nations and races. Scapegoats do have a tendancy to unify a cause...

In the book Sirens of Titan, the world did come together

to fight the Martians.

The guy who masterminded the effort was given supreme dictatorial authority

over the Earth. The first thing he did was to make a decree that no longer

would our differences keep us apart. There would be no more discrimination.

Everyone had to be equal.

Those who were beautiful had to scar their faces.

Those who were strong had to wear huge weights to burden themselves.

The world will only come together to pick up the pieces once we destroy it.

And then only for a short, short time.

The answer is No. That's human nature, we are too selfish. There would be a very big fight between all the governments as to who will be the leader of the effort to fight off the aliens, so many countries might end up fighting eachother sad.gif

The true definition of marxisim and communisim is a complete equality of life. Now Marx never went as far as to apply this to weight and looks.

Even so Marxisim was found to fail in every circustance, mainly because of the need for individuals to express their individuality.

As a sidenote; We have eradicated diseases such as smallpox, antibiotics can cure the plague and lepracy, but we cant cure a cold!

thats because the cold mutates quite rapidly, and for all intents and purposes, the cold going around one winter will be a completely different strain to the one going around the next.

as for the topic, it could swing both ways, if the threat is quite evident ala Independence Day, i'm sure the world would unite, if however its like umm uhh Mars Attacks, i'm sure the powerfull countries will try to make peace and then get their asses kicked when they don't expect it.

I think we might unite, however I fear that some countries may try to side with the alien force so that maybe, they can somehow dominate along side with them.

Of course that's assuming the alien are stupid enough to let them.

But hopefully they won't be her to dominate us, but to rather enlighten and teach us things we never knew existed.

If not I'm going to the local guns store and load up gunsmilie.gif

tongue.gif

I think, given time, yes...most of the developed countries in the world would probably be able to see the need to combine their rescourses before it was too late...

However, I doubt it would happen before a species with technology advanced enough to travel a fleet of ships through space, reach our solar system, and mount an offensive at the end of it would erradicate our centeres of goverment, our communication systems, and our major cities tongue.gif

It's safe to bet any invading army would be of an intelligent race, and would know how to go about warfare...disrupting enemy communications and cutting off possible assistance is one of the best means of shifting a battle in your favour tongue.gif Whether we would unite or not isn't so much the issue...I don't think we'd be allowed to.

I somehow don't believe it would . People can be very ignorant , & would probably underestimate the situation , or think they could side with the aliens or something.

There would be a lot of looting I think & probably some kind of every man/woman for himself mentality wacko.gif

We'd be doomed , end of story .

Do you think an Alien Invasion would unite our world?

no. blink.gif

Come on guys, we start riots over jury verdicts, and tranple poeple for buy a $30 dvd player, ok so the dvd thing was a hoax, but still, have you seen how humns react to normal simtule, we co nuts, just image how much worse it gonna get.

there will never be world peace (even though i fight for it) but there is too much difference between people and countries, race, beliefs, religion, society, government, press, money, power, love, peace, hate, murder, crime......guys i could go on forever! I dont think people understand what world peace could do....personally i do vote for peace but when i really think about it....its b******s...it wont solve much, if anything it will start a nuclear war!

'Everyone is in peace, loving and sharing with each other...then someone gets a little miffed....everything blows!'

There are too many factors that would have to be considered to bring world peace and it will never happen...the human race (like other species we are hostile if provoked) We could never reach inner peace (unless we all become buddhists) which i am....however i am not the world..i am one man (woman) and i doubt every human would go my way! blink.gif

Certainly, the world would come together should there be an alien invasion, no doubt. Problem is, will there really be an alien invasion? What I'm trying to say is, what if it was orchestrated by humans themselves, to bring the whole world under a one-world government ruling, the new world order?? I do agree that this method (alien invasion), is one hell of a brilliant way in uniting the rest of the world in a peaceful way, rather than attacking one country after another like dummy Hitler grin2.gif . Well as always, just one thought from a conspiracy theorist.... wink2.gif

I would like to think that with a common enemy we would come together like we have in world wars of the past.

What? Surely the reason for a World War is exactly the opposite?

I would like to think that with a common enemy we would come together like we have in world wars of the past.

What? Surely the reason for a World War is exactly the opposite?

In a way yes.

I was referring to the aspect of world wars where sides are chosen and the sides stick together.

There will always be an "Us vs. Them" mentality in war, it's the only way to justify murdering people. Think Axis and Allies of WW2. Allied nations did do a pretty good job of supporting each other. Amongst our team we come together well.

In case of alien invasion, the "us" would be earthlings, and the "them" would be whomever decided to come all this way to beat the cr@p out of us.