Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

4year-old girl fatally shot from inside a car

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

• 6-year-old brother may have accidentally pulled the trigger
  • Police believe it was an accident, but mysteries remain
  • Two other young children were in the car and an adult stood nearby at the time of the shooting, but these pieces and others have yet to tell a whole story
A 4-year-old girl was fatally shot while sitting in a car parked in the driveway of a home and investigators believe the shot was fired from inside the vehicle.

View: Read More

Posted Image

#2    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

So sad, that poor kid :(  And if it was indeed the 6yr old I feel so sorry for him, having to live with that.

Who the hell leaves kids alone in a car with a loaded gun?  Someone is responsible for that little girls death and it sure isn't her brother :(

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 01 April 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

So sad, that poor kid :(  And if it was indeed the 6yr old I feel so sorry for him, having to live with that.

Who the hell leaves kids alone in a car with a loaded gun?  Someone is responsible for that little girls death and it sure isn't her brother :(
Most likely a careless parent.  Is jail time justified if that is the case?  I can't imagine any punishment being worse than just waking with that memory every day.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is what happens when you leave loaded (and unloaded) firearms around children. Lock them up or keep them secure.

I mention the Unloaded part because if a child gets there hands on an unloaded weapon the will think that all guns are like this and nothing bad will happen (it takes some time for a child to realize danger unless they themselves have been directly hurt, such has they touch a hot stove).

do not leave guns laying around.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostThanato, on 01 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

This is what happens when you leave loaded (and unloaded) firearms around children. Lock them up or keep them secure.

I mention the Unloaded part because if a child gets there hands on an unloaded weapon the will think that all guns are like this and nothing bad will happen (it takes some time for a child to realize danger unless they themselves have been directly hurt, such has they touch a hot stove).

do not leave guns laying around.

~Thanato

I agree. Keep your firearms locked up!

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostKowalski, on 01 April 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

I agree. Keep your firearms locked up!
So why not regulate this? This is what gun control is actually about.

#7    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,777 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

it is regulated, it is illegal already, there is a law on the book. more than 1 i'm sure. what more of "gun control" are you implying.

what mesures are you suggesting that will affect those that disregard laws, and wont affect those that follow it.

something practical, not just "gun control" a hypothetical hot air phrase, that you keep mentioning all the time.

Edited by aztek, 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Use common sence

#9    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

My kids(3 girls)were all handling and firing a variety of weapons at 7- 10 years old which they throughly enjoyed. As well they were instructed in the safe handling and storage of those same weapons and as a result I knew I will never have to worry about something like this nightmare happening to them. They understood and respected firearms and now,as adults I believe the education I provided when they were so very young has done nothing but  benefit them.

My point being that hiding firearms from children just makes them more curious and unprepared if they do get their hands on them resulting in a tragedy just like this.

#10    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 01 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

My kids(3 girls)were all handling and firing a variety of weapons at 7- 10 years old which they throughly enjoyed. As well they were instructed in the safe handling and storage of those same weapons and as a result I knew I will never have to worry about something like this nightmare happening to them. They understood and respected firearms and now,as adults I believe the education I provided when they were so very young has done nothing but  benefit them.

My point being that hiding firearms from children just makes them more curious and unprepared if they do get their hands on them resulting in a tragedy just like this.

Teaching a child of age 7-10 to properly care for and respect a firearm under strict supervision is a lot different than leaving a gun laying around where a toddler can get at it.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,790 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

OK. I can see a constructive point of that, if done responsibly, which apparently you have.

Edited by pallidin, 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#12    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Poor baby... I hope she did not suffer.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

:tu:

My dad brought up me and my sisters around guns and we KNEW better than to touch them. Now, older children, 7 or 8 year olds can be taught to respect guns and know they are not toys. Young children (toddlers) really don't know any better. With younger children you should really lock up your guns in a gun case, like me and my husband do. I NEVER EVER EVER leave a loaded weapon where my son can get it.

#14    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Poor baby... I hope she did not suffer.

Of course she suffered, she is dead. She is just a statistic now that adds to the argument about Gun control.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" but guns sure as hell make it easier."

But we have to remember, we all know that we can't protect our families unless we have guns.

Edited by xsas, 01 April 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Posted Image

#15    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Postxsas, on 01 April 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

She is just a statistic now that adds to the argument about Gun control.. of course she suffered, she is dead.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" but guns sure as hell make it easier."

But we have to remember, we all know that we can't protect our families unless we have guns.

I am alive today or maybe not severely mentally and physically scarred, because of a gun and a big dog, against three men while hiking in the woods alone. Some people may say I shouldn't have put myself in that sort of situation, but I enjoy nature and the solace of the local mountain range. The danger is not only human, even though I've never had to shoot an animal. Using a weapon is always a last resort.

People have to remember, women don't always have a big strong man available to take care of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users