Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

G.Cooper encountered man-made flying saucers

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#31    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

If it is your synopsis, Mr. Oberg, then I would advise you to put your name on it somewhere, so people like me will be on alert that it should be used with great caution.

In any case, the most it shows is that Cooper was a poor businessman and trusted some very bad characters, not that he is some kind of liar and crook, as you implied.

#32    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

\"

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

If it is your synopsis, Mr. Oberg, then I would advise you to put your name on it somewhere, so people like me will be on alert that it should be used with great caution.

In any case, the most it shows is that Cooper was a poor businessman and trusted some very bad characters, not that he is some kind of liar and crook, as you implied.

Since I never made that post [evidently a pirated copy -- where as a rule, original authorship is deliberately stripped off], and have no authority over it, you have no justification in proclaiming what I "should" do about labeling it.

The post which I did make is on my own home page, which you recently proudly proclaimed you would never read.

You are now blaming ME for the ignorance you yourself deliberately placed yourself in?

This is turning into a double-header day of beclownment. Time for more wine.

The article I posted on my website places its focus not on  any flaws in Cooper's aviation technology judgment [as you misunderstood] but on a much more relevant-to-UFOria issue: the kneejerk gullibility in his assrertions, without any effort at verification, by his audience, because he was an astronaut hero.

This is the same error a lot of people -- yourself included -- are making re other stories he tells.

I'm just suggesting his claims, like my own and yours, should always be double-checked and verified.

Some people who neglected this prudence lost millions of dollars.

That was the reasoning flaw that the article described.

You are, today, just losing your dignity.

Same mistake, different stakes.

I'll drink to that.

#33    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Then why didn't you mention everything that was in the synopsis?

For example, you fail to mention that he was himself conned and ripped off by Dalton Smith?  If it was in your own synopsis, then how could you have "forgotten" that?

I'm not following you. I made a brief mention of the issue -- should I have placed the entire text in this thread?

Whatg good would that have done you since you don't read long posts anyway -- as you have said before?

#34    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

\"

Since I never made that post [evidently a pirated copy -- where as a rule, original authorship is deliberately stripped off], and have no authority over it, you have no justification in proclaiming what I "should" do about labeling it.

You are, today, just losing your dignity.

Same mistake, different stakes.

I'll drink to that.

I read your whole little synopsis, but you just came on here to smear Gordon Cooper and I corrected it, using your own words--or so you say.

Your name wasn't even on the thing so as far as I was concerned anyone could have written it.

#35    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

lol

#36    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 26 October 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

lol

I don't believe you any more than I do Oberg.

#37    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

By the way, among other lies that Oberg told was that Gordon Cooper was "fired" from NASA when the fact was that he quit after he wasn't given a chance to land on the moon.

That was in 1970.

http://www.google.co...kEJehEnSc99ZqZQ

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 October 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#38    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

:cry:

#39    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,144 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 26 October 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

:cry:

I would take that as a compliment :P

For a number of reasons, but oh well....

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#40    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 26 October 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

And I've paid you the same one many times.  I have never seen any reason to change my mind about that.

#41    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,144 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

And I've paid you the same one many times.

Yes, you have and, by all means of respect, it means very little to me.

I have never seen any reason to change my mind about that.

That is too bad, I was hoping that you would be listening to my arguments.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#42    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 26 October 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

For a number of reasons, but oh well....

Cheers,
Badeskov

Oh I do.  :tu:

#43    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Really MacGuffin...?
I'll grant you that Boony is on the wrong side of the fence with regards to the ETH, but is in no way comparable to James Oberg!...in fact in my humble opinion, Boony is one of the good-guys in the sceptic-camp!...inasmuch as he is willing to at least consider other than prosaic possibilities !
[I think that The Portage County Incident has gotten Boony wondering...lol!]
As for James Oberg...well,  I thought that you beyond banging your head against a brick wall like this! , which is what you are doing when trying to discuss the merits of any case with the likes of 'good ol' Jim Oberg'! :whistle:
No matter what you say about ufology , or whatever mystifying account of a truly-anomalous event you bring to the table, ..it will unfailingly be summarily  dismissed by the classical-debunker such as Jim is!
Sure...the guy is intelligent.!..And is undoubtedly a great free-flowing debunker that has a great skill in appearing to 'know his onions' when flashing his technical-rhetoric in an attempt to bamboozle us 'simple-folk' into believing that the pilot, astronaut or any other responsible (actually on the spot) witness was in fact ...merely seeing some unruly ice particle , or transmogrified temperature-inversion, and not the solid 30ft disc that he was trying so hard to "shake off , or avoid collision with" that he/she  testified to!
Jim Oberg is indeed a 'classical-debunker', in as much as he is a clever man that always has an answer to any conundrum!...His combination of intelligence and technical experience enable him to offer a prosaic explanation to most anomalous-events [even when they are more unlikely than the more obvious unconventional indication]...and the rest,..he just  fudges!
And all in the traditionally time-tested manner of pedantry scientific intellectual that would have you believe that he is some kind of a latter-day Albert Einstein!
With such a character as this...you cannot reason!...His mind was made up about any case before he even heard about it!

You may find this article on Debunkers interesting, as along with others, it specifically mentions our own Jimmy Oberg and proceeds to set the records straight about their age old method of debunkery.....

http://www.bibleufo.com/debunking.htm

....It is a fairly long page, but definitely worth the read! :tu:

....And another thing about James Oberg is that over at ATS he implied that he may just believe that "there was something to the UFO phenomenon" afterall ....but I have yet to see him discuss just what he meant by that statement?...and just which parts of "the UFO phenomenon wasn't nonesense" to him...? :unsure2:

<a name="pid14190391" style="color: rgb(216, 212, 208); font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(48, 48, 48); ">Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Oberg has no more idea of whats going on than you or I. The difference is its his job to belittle any notion that the UFO phenomenon is real. A pretty sad job really when you think about it. Anyone trully interested in the subject hasnt taken him seriously for years.

You have no more idea about what I really think about the UFO phenomenon than [insert your favorite metaphor for arrogant ignorance here]. You fantasize nasty delusional insinuations about my motives to defend your own biases. You exemplify what is self-destructive and counter-productive about the intellectually self-ghettoized 'UFO culture;' and why it has never -- and at this rate never will -- established scientific credibility.

Shame on you. If it WERE all nonsense, your behaviour would merely be amusing, if libelous. Since I don't believe it is ALL nonsense, your behavior seems to me to be destructive and reprehensible.

Is somebody paying YOU to keep the topic a laughing stock, and a well-deserved subject of ridicule, to camouflage their activities from general public awareness? It's working.

http://www.abovetops...hread844153/pg1

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#44    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,852 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Too many UFO`s Too Little proof,But ! ANd thats a BIG BUTT ! WIth all respect to G.Cooper we should Keep Looking and listening to all the posibilities !

This is a Work in Progress!

#45    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

1963: "And is undoubtedly a great free-flowing debunker that has a great skill in appearing to 'know his onions' when flashing his technical-rhetoric in an attempt to bamboozle us 'simple-folk' into believing that the pilot, astronaut or any other responsible (actually on the spot) witness was in fact ...merely seeing some unruly ice particle , or transmogrified temperature-inversion, and not the solid 30ft disc that he was trying so hard to "shake off , or avoid collision with" that he/she testified to!And is undoubtedly a great free-flowing debunker that has a great skill in appearing to 'know his onions' when flashing his technical-rhetoric in an attempt to bamboozle us 'simple-folk' into believing that the pilot, astronaut or any other responsible (actually on the spot) witness was in fact ...merely seeing some unruly ice particle , or transmogrified temperature-inversion, and not the solid 30ft disc that he was trying so hard to "shake off , or avoid collision with" that he/she testified to!"

Which astronaut case are you referring to here, if you wouldnt mind getting specific?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users