Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist plans to send message back in time

louie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• r2d2

• Thozzman

• wtwt5237

• hnnjsn

If it did work - depending on how far he sent it back - it wouldn't 'end up' in this reality but instead create it's own reality elsewhere.

...so they say. Still... time is a measurement not a dimension...

Edit

Fixed "that" to "they" ~_~;

Edited by Chokmah

THREE CHEERS FOR CRACKPOT SCIENCE!!

I you look at quantum mechanics you could see that it's not that illogical. Sending coherent messages to the past by only one millisecond would be an enormous achievement with far reaching consequences for future technologies. But I wouldn't want to bet on it.

Actually it's not as wacky as it sounds. If you read the original article:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/319367...html?source=rss

it's in relation to a legitimate quantum phenomenon, entanglement. I've read about this kind of experiment before, and it seems a reasonable if unconventional experiment.

If every time you make this experiment, you create a new reality, then the number of realities can be indefinite and growing forever. If not, there is another possiblity that you are due to make this experiment at a certain time, and somewhere in the past you were due to appeare. So the number of realities is 1.

It seems to me that the latter model is more reasonable.

THREE CHEERS FOR CRACKPOT SCIENCE!!
You mean like the theory of manned flight?

Because everyone believed the Wright Bros were insane for trying to fly. They called it crackpot science.

Anything is possible once they've figured out how to do it.

Edited by Thozzman

Obviously it's going to work, other threads here have sceptics reporting distorted/multiple realities. Which means we're already experiencing the fallout of similar experiments. Darpa probably doesn't want to fund it because they've already discovered it in a secret lab somewheres.

Seems odd almost insane, but hey if the shoe fits . why ? *scratches head* :unsure2: best of luck though...

Quantum entanglement raises some interesting possibilities.

Instantaneous transfer of information, the ability to manipulate individual atoms and quantum computing could revolutionise humanity and push it into a new age.

watch this space... B)

Quantum entanglement raises some interesting possibilities.

Instantaneous transfer of information, the ability to manipulate individual atoms and quantum computing could revolutionise humanity and push it into a new age.

watch this space... B)

It would however violate the "non communication theorem", and breach relativity. Large separation entanglement also seems unlikely.... but hey.... where theres hope....

Sending messages back in time would also violate causality so any reply, proving the experiment had worked, may well appearin a separate time - thread to our own and we would never know that it worked.... now my head hurts!!!!!

If every time you make this experiment, you create a new reality, then the number of realities can be indefinite and growing forever. If not, there is another possiblity that you are due to make this experiment at a certain time, and somewhere in the past you were due to appeare. So the number of realities is 1.
Sending messages back in time would also violate causality
Unless there are only two realities, this one and another one where all hell has broken loose and the predictable laws of nature don't exist at all. Imagine a mirror universe where time doesn't flow like a stream but, sort of pools like a pond.

everyone believed the Wright Bros were insane for trying to fly
they didn't actually fly. Their machine was just so ugly that the ground repelled them.

They actually already have, a while back, a team of russian or german scientists made a time machine or teleport machine. they put in an apple and activated it, it worked, but only half was left in the machine, no one knows what happened to the other half.

Ill try and find some proof 4 your guys, but i really cant remember who even did it o what year, all i know is that it happened when TV was black and white.

Can anyone else back me up with this?

Hey, I say we should all reserve judgment.

Tesla, for example, was ridiculed for his seemingly outrageous claims such as a particle beam weapon, but his only fault was being born in an age that wasn't ready for the wonders of science.

• 2 weeks later...
They actually already have, a while back, a team of russian or german scientists made a time machine or teleport machine. they put in an apple and activated it, it worked, but only half was left in the machine, no one knows what happened to the other half.

Ill try and find some proof 4 your guys, but i really cant remember who even did it o what year, all i know is that it happened when TV was black and white.

your talking ****

Evidently did not work yet, if it had we would know about it because it is in the past....

I have already heard of this guy on Nova or something. I think he has a good chance of doing it.

WOW! Half an apple just appeared from nowhere on my desk !