Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Only A Bible can survive a fire

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:14 AM

I'm making this as short as possible so bare with me please. A woman had a troubled son he moved out because cops were after him.
The cops went to his Moms house thinking he was there. So they tear gassed the house all up then broke in destroying the house in search of him. Soon the woman returned home seen the mess and said my son(who they were looking for moved out long ago) So the cops destroyed a house whn no one was home for nothing and did not pay to fix it.

Soon she fixed the house up not long after that it brned down. Talk about bad luck. And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

Is this something spirtual or what.

And this just happened!  It  was in our paper  the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats  the onl thing that survived the fire.

Edited by 2PAC4LIFE, 25 June 2005 - 10:15 AM.

#2    Blazex

Blazex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

any source?

#3    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

uhh ME. I'm telling you what happened in my town It was in the newspaper.

Believe me or not that's your choice.

#4    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

...And legit source then?  As in a website with possible photos?

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#5    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

I don't understand what is supposed to be proof of. Would it have been equally spiritual if it was the Qu'ran, or the Chronicles of Zarathrustra, or the autobiography of Aleister Crowley? Or a saucepan?

Edited by Aslan, 26 June 2005 - 09:29 PM.

#6    Doccy

Doccy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

• Would you die for your country? - I'd rather live for it.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

I find that hard to believe unless the bible was made of steel or something. Bible's just a book among others. You can claim it holy but all the text in it was made by men.

#7    dmgspycat

dmgspycat

Psychic Spy

• 1,232 posts

• There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be fixed with what is right with America.-President Bill Clinton

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(2PAC4LIFE @ Jun 25 2005, 06:14 AM)
I'm making this as short as possible so bare with me please. A woman had a troubled son he moved out because cops were after him.
The cops went to his Moms house thinking he was there. So they tear gassed the house all up then broke in destroying the house in search of him. Soon the woman returned home seen the mess and said my son(who they were looking for moved out long ago) So the cops destroyed a house whn no one was home for nothing and did not pay to fix it.

Soon she fixed the house up not long after that it brned down. Talk about bad luck. And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

And this just happened!  It  was in our paper  the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats  the onl thing that survived the fire.

View Post

Is it spiritual you ask? Ha ha...yeah if god is an a@#hole! I wouldn't read anything into it.

"You get your information from the daily press. Yet that is the very last place on earth to seek for truth in any state of form." – Emma Goldman, March 1, 1933

"But this is their game. They're counting on your patriotism to distract you from their plunder. They're counting on you to be standing at attention with your hand over your heart, pledging allegiance to the flag, while they pick your pocket!" – Bill Moyers

#8    about

about

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

That's one weird story tongue.gif wonder how the Bible survived the fire: Where was it in the house when the house got burned down? On a shelf with other books, or maybe in a drawer?

#9    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

Honestly, this sounds like one of those Christian urban legends.

#10    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

Coincidence! Too many houses and CHURCHES have burned down with bibles in them (often mulitple bibles)  that DID NOT survive the fire.  What would be your explanation of that? rolleyes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#11    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(mako @ Jun 27 2005, 05:08 AM)
And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

Coincidence! Too many houses and CHURCHES have burned down with bibles in them (often mulitple bibles)  that DID NOT survive the fire.  What would be your explanation of that? rolleyes.gif

View Post

they were the kjv?

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#12    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(dmgspycat @ Jun 26 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE(2PAC4LIFE @ Jun 25 2005, 06:14 AM)

And this just happened!  It  was in our paper  the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats  the onl thing that survived the fire.

View Post

Is it spiritual you ask? Ha ha...yeah if god is an a@#hole! I wouldn't read anything into it.

View Post

Wow you are so kind.

And Galor  it was on the dresser said the paper I will try to find a link for our local newspaper and post it.

#13    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

So 2Pac, you are saying that the entire house and all its contents were reduced to ash, except the book?

Or, were some things left relatively unharmed, including the book?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#14    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Aslan @ Jun 26 2005, 04:19 PM)
I don't understand what is supposed to be proof of. Would it have been equally spiritual if it was the Qu'ran, or the Chronicles of Zarathrustra, or the autobiography of Aleister Crowley? Or a saucepan?

View Post

Yup. One object could survive the fire anytime, but because it is the Bible or any holy book, it is instantly thought to be a mighty act of God.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#15    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

One summer day, on a Sat. when I was ten, me and two of my brothers and another kid form the neighborhood were playing around with one of those eight balls. You know the ones that you ask a question and then flip it over to read the answer on the bottom glass part. Well we, inturn, asked a lot of stupid stuff, then my brother asked if our house will burn down. It said 'No'. Then the kid with us asked if his house would burn down. It said 'Yes'.  About five seconds later, we saw smoke pouring out of the house next door to ours; which was his Sisters house. We ran into our house and got out parents and they called the fire department. My oldest Sister ran into the burning house and came out with a baby that was left in there napping when the couple went off to make a run to the store.  Yeah, I know, what idiots. They had left something cooking on the stove top also and it had caught fire.

After it was put out, it was seen to be in pretty bad shape. The house had to be demolished later. But we went in and looked at the damage. I went straight to the front of the house to the living room area. I saw a coffee table that had a Bible in the middle of it on a dorsi. The table was burned and even the dorsi was melted around the edges, but the Bible was not touched. Even as a kid I knew I was looking at something profoundly significant.
Could have been lots of reasons why that it was not burned, including maybe one of the fireman put it there after finding it in a drawer somewhere.
I guess I will never know for sure really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users