Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Roswell debris tested; Not from Earth

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#901    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

"Ah! ET Cometh!" (Sorry!) :)

Edited by Matt Vinyl, 12 November 2012 - 09:24 PM.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#902    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,047 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 12 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

"Ah! ET Cometh!" (Sorry!) :)
Hah, that much closer. :tu:

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#903    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 12 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

... or maybe Aluminum Extruders Council, or Armoured a..aa...aaa...Echew..plumbers Center, or Army Environmental Command (US Army; formerly Army Environmental Center)? Guess latter. Just saying.

Not in 1949.  AEC did refer to the Atomic Energy Commission then, which is today called the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.  

As Edward Ruppelt pointed out in 1952, the AEC was also running its own UFO investigation.  Who wasn't?

http://www.google.co...BQMOK25Cu2JfqhA

#904    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,536 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 12 November 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Posted Image
:unsure2:

View Postbee, on 12 November 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

local commanders perturbed by implications of phenomena....

:unsure2:

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 12 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

This was one of the documents that led to the so-called Green Fireballs investigation, i.e. Project Twinkle.

thanks TMG....

One can only guess what IMPLICATIONS the local commanders were perturbed by...

that the  'Special Weapons' were being observed and/or tampered with..?

that  nuclear tests (and related, special weapons) were creating a 'rip' in space/time...?

or if you look at the conclusions of Project Twinkle....

perhaps they were perturbed by many people in the area  hallucinating and seeing something unusual in things like  birds and balloons...lol

http://www.project19...inklereport.htm

The gist of the findings is essentially negative. The period of observations covers a little over a year. Some unusual phenomena were observed during that period, most of them can be attributed to such man-made objects as airplanes, balloons, rockets, etc. Others can be attributed to natural phenomena such as flying birds, small clouds, and meteorites. There has been no indication that even the somewhat strange observations often called "Green Fireballs" are anything but natural phenomena.

Posted Image

#905    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,817 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

View Postbee, on 13 November 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

thanks TMG....

One can only guess what IMPLICATIONS the local commanders were perturbed by...

that the  'Special Weapons' were being observed and/or tampered with..?

that  nuclear tests (and related, special weapons) were creating a 'rip' in space/time...?

or if you look at the conclusions of Project Twinkle....

perhaps they were perturbed by many people in the area  hallucinating and seeing something unusual in things like  birds and balloons...lol

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, those involved in the business of defence or defense, being interested in and concerned about possible intrusions in their Airspace. I don't think we need to look for rips in the space./time continuum to understand why Military chiefs might take an interest.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#906    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,047 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 13 November 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Not in 1949.  AEC did refer to the Atomic Energy Commission then, which is today called the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.  

As Edward Ruppelt pointed out in 1952, the AEC was also running its own UFO investigation.  Who wasn't?

http://www.google.co...BQMOK25Cu2JfqhA
My bad. I was wrong.

Anyway, last nail in Kimbler's "crash site" coffin: SUNlite Volume 4 Number 6 - November-December 2012 (page 10).

I checked those sets of photos (composite false colors; bands 4,5, and 7):

LT50320371998173XXX01 (June 22, 1998)
Posted Image

LT50320371998189XXX01 (July 8, 1998)
Posted Image

(LT50320371998173XXX01, LT50320371998189XXX01 courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey).

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users