Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hot Rodders Hangout

StRoostifer

Well, I think the title and description speak for itself so without further ado....

Let's get the thread started!

I did most of my drag racing in the 90's and raced a 92 mustang notchback that I had bought brand new. Six months later the car was being transformed with all kinds of goodies. I'll save that for future discussions, right now I just want to get this thread going.

The pic below is not the actual car I had but is the same year, color, body style, rims and tires. The only difference is mine had a ten point roll cage but otherwise, this is it. Its not as stylish as the muscle car classics that I grew up admiring but it was light and easy to build.

m5lp_0412_02_z+1992_ford_mustang_lx+front_view.jpg.jpg

Then there was the dreaded arch nemesis of the Mustangs...

The late 80's Buick Grand Nationals. Awesome cars and would take one in a heartbeat!

GN-1.jpg

Edited by StRoostifer
  • Like 3

Just wanted to add,

Post whatever rides ya like, old new does not matter. If you've wrenched on it, post it! :D

Share some stories and have some fun.

• Like 1

Well, I think the title and description speak for itself so without further ado....

I did most of my drag racing in the 90's and raced a 92 mustang notchback that I had bought brand new. Six months later the car was being transformed with all kinds of goodies. I'll save that for future discussions, right now I just want to get this thread going.

The pic below is not the actual car I had but is the same year, color, body style, rims and tires. The only difference is mine had a ten point roll cage but otherwise, this is it. Its not as stylish as the muscle car classics that I grew up admiring but it was light and easy to build.

The late 80's Buick Grand Nationals. Awesome cars and would take one in a heartbeat!

GN-1.jpg

Thanks for starting this!

It took me a while to find it...hobbies? What hobbies? LOL

That GN pic was taken at my old home track...Bandimere Speedway near Denver, I'd recognize it anywhere.

(Digging through my car photos now) lol

• Like 1

Well, this 67 Camaro RS/SS is where I got my name. It has the ZZ430 Chevy crate motor that at the time was the most powerful crate engine GM sold.

I built it back in 1998-2000.

( I will do more details when time allows)

16279988733_3a888b47b2_o.jpg

4298491352_6850d96c13_o.jpg

4297746383_79c8e43851_o.jpg

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 8

4297746177_1c596740fb_b.jpg

11943360254_e65f0dd8de_o.jpg

4298516592_bfc02bec59_o.jpg

sweet ZZ!
  • Like 2

Lorna1969's

"Rita"

16693573557_29bebeb1c9_b.jpg

16713481488_1fd1fa973b_c.jpg

16713481518_8413904251_c.jpg

thanks for posting these buddy :-*
  • Like 2

You betcha Lorna, some time machine you got there!

She is my sweetheart

• Like 2

GN-1.jpg

I love both, but my favorite will always be a Pantera! I had a Fiero I adored, and there was a v8 pinto project that unfortunately never saw the road, but I'll have to dig for photos.

• Like 2

A past project, 69 Camaro

It started life as a small block car, I was lucky enough to find it as a rust free Colorado car.It didn't need much body work at all. A friend painted it.

It now has a 427 big block, 700R4 trans, 3.55 12 bolt rear, 4 wheel discs, etc.

4608004956_46a03574e9_b.jpg

4521843501_192c231d9a_o.jpg

4478443868_4dd13293bb_o.jpg

• Like 3

Roostifier, what motor did you have in your notchback?

• Like 1

I love both, but my favorite will always be a Pantera! I had a Fiero I adored, and there was a v8 pinto project that unfortunately never saw the road, but I'll have to dig for photos.

I'm a fan of both as well. I had plenty of friends with both Mustangs and GN's. Pantera, I like your taste!

Would love to see pics of the Pinto when you find em. :)

Roostifier, what motor did you have in your notchback?

It started off with the 302 5.0. Changed everything on the motor except for the short block. After the first year of owning the car I ended up destroying second and third gear (5 speed) and had to upgrade to a 5 speed tremec.

Got really bored with teeny tiny cubic inches and ditched the 302 for a 351W which got a brand new set of fully ported heads, headers, and extrude honed single plane victor Jr with a Holley 750 DP from The Carb Shop. Sold the tremec 5 speed to a friend and had a C4 auto built for the Windsor with a 2500 stall ( had to keep it streetable). Put 3.73 gears in the rear end and changed the NOS system over to a plate system mounted between the carb and manifold.

Sorry, just realized I got a bit carried away. What can I say, I love talking cars. :D

• Like 1

I'm a fan of both as well. I had plenty of friends with both Mustangs and GN's. Pantera, I like your taste!

Here are the pics....it pretty much took a shoehorn to get that damn motor in... it's a 302 from a Mustang, we had to cut the firewall, move the radiator to the outside and remove the hood latch to get it in, and the battery was going to be mounted in the trunk since it didn't fit comfortably in the engine compartment with that motor. The other big problem was there wasn't room for the air filter, before the project was sold I was debating whether to try modifying the hood so I could fit a decent sized air filter.

pinto1.jpg

pinto2.JPG

pinto3.JPG

• Like 2

It started off with the 302 5.0. Changed everything on the motor except for the short block. After the first year of owning the car I ended up destroying second and third gear (5 speed) and had to upgrade to a 5 speed tremec.

Got really bored with teeny tiny cubic inches and ditched the 302 for a 351W which got a brand new set of fully ported heads, headers, and extrude honed single plane victor Jr with a Holley 750 DP from The Carb Shop. Sold the tremec 5 speed to a friend and had a C4 auto built for the Windsor with a 2500 stall ( had to keep it streetable). Put 3.73 gears in the rear end and changed the NOS system over to a plate system mounted between the carb and manifold.

Sorry, just realized I got a bit carried away. What can I say, I love talking cars. :D

Cool, gotta love the Tremec or sure. Yeah 2nd and 3rd gears huh? You weren't banging with a little speed shifting were ya? :w00t: Extrude hone is he way to go! Nice.

"No substitute for cubic inches"! Who doesn't love ported heads! Big improvement huh!

Carb Shop 750 DP...my kind of guy! :tsu:

Good thinking on the moderate converter too, I'll bet your et's improves over the stick.

Gave her a little spray with snooze juice eh? Cool stuff there.

Let's keep this great-named thread going! :clap:

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

Here are the pics....it pretty much took a shoehorn to get that damn motor in... it's a 302 from a Mustang, we had to cut the firewall, move the radiator to the outside and remove the hood latch to get it in, and the battery was going to be mounted in the trunk since it didn't fit comfortably in the engine compartment with that motor. The other big problem was there wasn't room for the air filter, before the project was sold I was debating whether to try modifying the hood so I could fit a decent sized air filter.

pinto1.jpg

pinto2.JPG

pinto3.JPG

Thanks for posting that karmakazi!

We'd like to hear more from you.

Here are some interesting ones I've found at car shows and around...

opel.JPG

triumph.JPG

beetle.JPG

• Like 2

And these are from a very overgrown junkyard... still in business though ;)

lift.jpg

tree.jpg

bugs.jpg

• Like 2

Cool Opel GT!

Wow look at that tree growing through that Impala grille!