Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama threatens ‘Judeo-Christian values'

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,642 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 06 November 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

But that's my point the more our values and beliefs get away from what the framers wanted the harder it will be for america to maintain the level of prosperity it has enjoyed. the only way to avoid this is to change the values built into the constitution or the values of the people running the goverment.
So you'd be happy to, say, take the vote off 90% of the population because they don't own any land?
Or would you rather we brought back slavery in order to make things more like it was in 1812? Maybe we could get rid of those aeroplanes and high speed Internets too.

#47    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 08 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

So you'd be happy to, say, take the vote off 90% of the population because they don't own any land?

Again if you had any idea as to why the fouding fathers put land ownership as a guidline to voting rights you wouldn't ask the question. The founding fathers only wanted people who had a stake in how the country was run to vote. back then land was cheap and got cheaper as the country expanded. just about anybody with half a brain a workethic  could own land. Now any Tom Dick and Harry can vote and our country is on a downward spiral and gaining speed.

Now I understand today land ownership is not as easy so we could amend the constitution to but some other guidlines in place that is what the amendments are for. but you see we have gotten away from the princibles layed out by the framers there needed to be somesort of guidelines for who can and can't vote. I know we have some but they are alot looser then what the founders intended.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#48    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,642 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Again if you had any idea as to why the fouding fathers put land ownership as a guidline to voting rights you wouldn't ask the question. The founding fathers only wanted people who had a stake in how the country was run to vote.
An alternative interpretation would be "they wanted to keep power in the hands of the already powerful".

Now any Tom Dick and Harry can vote and our country is on a downward spiral and gaining speed.
Damn that democracy!
Lets make having your voice heard in how the nation you live in is run something you have to strive for.

#49    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 08 November 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

An alternative interpretation would be "they wanted to keep power in the hands of the already powerful".
Well yes but again that was not the intent of the founders

Damn that democracy!
Lets make having your voice heard in how the nation you live in is run something you have to strive for.
I didn't know the U.S. was a democracy. as to your second point damn straight then maybe people would become better stewards of what the good lord blessed them with.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#50    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 November 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

. If you are unwilling to take the time to educate yourself on this subject you will never come to an understanding of what this countries original purpose was.

So essentially you got nothing.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#51    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,736 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 November 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

I didn't know the U.S. was a democracy. as to your second point damn straight then maybe people would become better stewards of what the good lord blessed them with.
So what do you envisage it as being intended to be? An oligarchy? Rule by an elite? In which case, perhaps the current position is in fact not too dissimilar.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#52    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,642 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 November 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

We only have their word fo that, and we know how unreliable politicans are, especially ones who trunpet their enligthened andvrational humanism and at the same time kept slaves and studiously avoided allowing the common muck to have a say in thr decision making process.

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostHilander, on 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Give them time and they will figure out a way to blame Obama for Christs crucifixion.

Ha ha....sadly  I wouldn't put it past them

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users