Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My little theory on ghosts...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    SecretGovernment

SecretGovernment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• If I am a guilty man, my crime is in daring to believe.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

The Law of Conservation of Matter

"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed"

Simply put, it doesn't matter if you believe in a god or not, but if you do, then you've certainly heard of a soul. If you believe that we all have a soul, then you should know that a soul would also be matter. Therefore, it just can't magically disappear, or go to "heaven". It must still exist..just in another form. And that form could be manifested as a ghost...

What do you think of this? Has it been said before?

#2    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:56 AM

Yes theres a Doctor thats done work on this.....cant remember his name but it should be easy to find using keywords.....anyhoo what he has done is asked terminally ill volunteers to live out their last hours in a specially adapted bed which is on a very very sensitive scales...they are monitored for fluid loss and everything else in the last hours ,they are weighed every few minutes etc etc......What he has discovered is that at the time of death in each and every case the body becomes between a half and three quarters of an ounce lighter....EVERY TIME.
All the medical events are taken into account such as last gasp of breath leaving the body ,bodily fluids etc.......even with all this accounted for ...so go figure eh !
I would say using keywords like weight of the soul or stuff like that will find this research for you.....as a matter of fact i think how i found it was by typing in "scientific proof of the soul"...in dogpile.com
Let me know how you get on....i never got back to it for updates

#3    SecretGovernment

SecretGovernment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• If I am a guilty man, my crime is in daring to believe.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:59 AM

I'll try to find you some links, and that is certainly very interesting!

#4    Lonecat

Lonecat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

Lonecat here.  Hello!

Remember that matter is a different form of energy.   Matter can be coverted into energy but not destroyed, while likewise, energy can be converted into matter but not destroyed.   I see Spirit as just another of the many forms of energy that exist in the Universe along with Light, Gravity, Dark energy and so on.   I believe that when the conditions are right and the right combinations of matter prevail, spirit energy can link up with it and that is what we call Life or living organisms.   When the material mass is no longer able to support the Spirit energy there is a separation of the Matter from the Energy.  The matter decomposes into its basic elements (which in any case are only other energy forms wiggle.gifb-atomic particle and so on) while the Spirit energy continues to exist  as a Cosmic feature like all the other forms of energy.   I believe it could be that the energy form of what was a living being, (humans, other animals and plants) continues to exist independently but can also manifest itself in sensual form, and be perceived by living beings through the senses of sight, smell touch and so on.  I think this is what we usually call ghosts.    Lonecat

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."   Aldous Huxley (18941963).

Thought is All.
All is Thought.

#5    kulam

kulam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:09 AM

i think i read that in h.p blavatsky's ISIS UNVEILED ( the science edition one, there's also the the religion edition). correct me if im wrong anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users