Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Car Unveiled

taniwha

The world's most advanced flying car, AeroMobil 3.0, was unveiled today at Pioneers Festival in Vienna. WIRED first got its eyes on an AeroMobil prototype only a few months ago, at which point the unveiling the 3.0 model was slated for next year. But ahead of schedule, WIRED.co.uk has now seen AeroMobil 3.0 in person, which has folding insect-like wings and a spacecraft-cum-sportscar cockpit not only in the flesh, but in flight, thanks to footage released by the team today.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-10/29/aeromobil-3-0

The Aeromobil might be the best car you've ever flown :tu: Would you want one?

• Like 2

YO !

Thats great! :clap:

Hey, get one .... you can 'drive' over here for the weekend .

• Like 1

Now someone needs to invent an amphibious plane :D

• Like 1

It is an awesome looking craft, imo. My H and I would own one in a heartbeat, prohibitive costs (price, upkeep, theft protection) aside.

IF it were to ever become widespread and something owned by more than an elite few, I wonder about yet another avenue for crashes with incompetent or impaired drivers, but it does seam like a wave of the future. And it is a beautiful design!!! Now if it could adjust for pilot errors...

• Like 1

what a question, of course i would want one! :) though i admit that for my taste, the design looks like s**t.

It wants to be a flying car, but they didn't capture that at all. It's exactly NEITHER / NOR.

i liked even this attempt better:

http://www.aerocarforsale.com/

N103D%20flying-g.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot see this idea taking off at all (see that?).

Essentially they have made a small plane, that you can drive away in. It still needs a runway and a pilots license to use, you may as well buy a small plane and a cheap car, commute to the airstrip and then fly wherever. Unfortunately for this to be a successful business venture there is years of compaigning and research to be done.

IMO until they develope a precision VTOL edition that can descend into your favorite parking space this is pie in the sky, forget parallel parking, this is vertical parking. Not to mention the amount of restricted airspace incidents you would have if this ever became popular. I also notice they didnt mention the fuel consumption in the article either.

• Like 1

Looks quite impressive. I can't see it becoming common place as getting an aviation license is not as easy or cheap as getting driving license, you also have to consider where people can take off and land, but this is cool nonetheless.

Thanks for posting Taniwha :)

• Like 1