Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rock Apes

bigtoot vietnam sightings

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,013 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postbigtroutak, on 01 May 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

According to the VAST research ive done, LOL not really I just heard of these things today, they were caught in the crossfire quite often. The cryptomundo link posted above links to a couple of really neat stories some of which , especially the comments below the article, adress your post.

Well then let's take it to the next level - where are the photos?  I've seen photos of GIs in Vietnam with all sorts of dead animals - tigers, etc. - and given the penchant for trophy collecting, you'd think there would be some evidence somewhere.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#17    TheLostProphet14

TheLostProphet14

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• "I now veiw life like a game, every dession is like a diffrent turn. "-Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

About 6yrs ago I was hanging out with my friend in his backyard which was linded with woods, well he started talking about how hed been hearing so really weired noises and so we decided to go looking around, well right before we went into the woods we heard a branch fall from the tree so I pulled up the binicolurs i had been using, with my very own two eyes, I saw a creature about 6-7feet tall, brown hair covering its body, and LONG, lanky arms retreating into some brush. From then on, we always made sure there was a knife around when we went into the woods.
It was something i wish i could relive

Im a werewolf nerd! Gonna hate? Come at me! Ill tear you apart!

#18    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

How far away would estimate you were from it? You say you were using biniocolurs.

#19    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

View Postbigtroutak, on 30 April 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I recently read a short article about bigfoot type creatures in Vietnam which American troops referred to as "Rock Apes". I was wondering if any of our members (Veterans especially) have any first or even second hand stories regarding these creatures.

Thanks in advance.

bigtroutak, I spent two years in Vietnam. In 1966 we killed a tribe or whatever they call a bunch of them. There were six of them. As I recall, they were about four feet tall and red forearms and darker maybe dark grey body with a lighter V down their chest. It was dark so we didn't get a real good look at them. We kinda thought they looked like they were wearing a tuxedo.

Odie    :gun:

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 02 May 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

bigtroutak, I spent two years in Vietnam. In 1966 we killed a tribe or whatever they call a bunch of them. There were six of them. As I recall, they were about four feet tall and red forearms and darker maybe dark grey body with a lighter V down their chest. It was dark so we didn't get a real good look at them. We kinda thought they looked like they were wearing a tuxedo.

Odie :gun:

And you killed them because....?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 May 2012 - 08:48 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#21    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 May 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

And you killed them because....?

Same reason we all did, they moved and crossed our gun sights. Besides, they were probably colaborators.

:gun:

#22    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,013 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostTheLostProphet14, on 01 May 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

About 6yrs ago I was hanging out with my friend in his backyard which was linded with woods, well he started talking about how hed been hearing so really weired noises and so we decided to go looking around, well right before we went into the woods we heard a branch fall from the tree so I pulled up the binicolurs i had been using, with my very own two eyes, I saw a creature about 6-7feet tall, brown hair covering its body, and LONG, lanky arms retreating into some brush. From then on, we always made sure there was a knife around when we went into the woods.
It was something i wish i could relive

In Vietnam?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#23    TheLostProphet14

TheLostProphet14

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• "I now veiw life like a game, every dession is like a diffrent turn. "-Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 02 May 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

How far away would estimate you were from it? You say you were using biniocolurs.
Hmmm, Idk maybe, 15yards? and No, it was in America, Ive never been out of the states, Alought I do want to go and live in London

Im a werewolf nerd! Gonna hate? Come at me! Ill tear you apart!

#24    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

15 yards? Three car lengths? ......roughly?

......and you were using binoculars?

#25    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,661 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Not strictly on topic, but Rock Ape is the nickname given to members of the Royal Air Force Regiment. The legend has it, they bear a strong resemblance to the Barbary Macaques that live in Gibraltar, (according to other Servicemen, anyway!) In reality, it refers to the Hamadryas Baboons that inhabit the former West Aden Protectorate. Ok, I'll shut up now, sorry.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#26    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 02 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

15 yards? Three car lengths? ......roughly?

......and you were using binoculars?

Probably explains why he saw something that doesn't exist :P

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#27    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostMattshark, on 02 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Probably explains why he saw something that doesn't exist :P

Yeah........ok, I really don't know how to respond to that.

.....binoculars at 15 yards?......... :hmm:

#28    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

maybe he wanted a really good look at it...

#29    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostTheLostProphet14, on 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Hmmm, Idk maybe, 15yards? and No, it was in America, Ive never been out of the states, Alought I do want to go and live in London
If I saw a 7 foot tall beast walking around that most likely had several times my own strength I doubt having a knife with me would ease my worries about running into it again

#30    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 02 May 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Odie :gun:

Thanks for your reply! Some of the other stories I've read the (at the time) GI's would shoot because they seemed to be the same size and roughly color as the VC.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

Also tagged with bigtoot, vietnam, sightings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users