Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

And as every liberal knows all too well,  looks matter!
to them seems like only looks matter

RESIDENT TROLL.

#47    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postaztek, on 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

lol, no they are not rifles, but some shotguns are hard to tell apart from rifles, at the first glance especially in a dark, on grainy video ,saiga is a good example, lever action 410 shotguns, and marlin bolt action shotgun. they look just like rifles.

No, you are right, the Saiga 12s is just a combat shotgun (in its original version), not a rifle. The rifle was in the school.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#48    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,865 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postand then, on 06 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

So it's unacceptable to even JOKE about firearms around you?  I read Fess' statement and it never occurred to me he was serious.  Part of the joke was that ted is known as a wild man and that would have been in keeping with his persona - hence the "he's not stupid"  The inescapable, provable truth is that the VAST majority of all US gun owners NEVER use it in anger against another human being.

I did not say that it's unacceptable to joke about guns nor did I make reference to any one specific comment. What I made reference to is how those that are yelling the loudest about this subject also are the ones that make statements or comments advocating armed revolution and even saying that they'll shoot anyone who tries to take their gun away. Hell, I've even seen comments wishing that "anti gun" people get shot.

View Postaztek, on 06 February 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

i just watched the video, of cops getting a rifle out of the trunk,  even thou it was grainy, it was NOT ar type of rifle, the charging handle on ar is in the top back of the reciver, what they found was ak type rifle, with charging handle on the front\side.

You mean the shotgun that the report says was in the trunk?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hell, I've even seen comments wishing that "anti gun" people get shot.

And it's people who think and act like that, are the very ones who will make matters worse for actual responsible gun owners throughout the country ..Shame they aren't smart enough to realise that

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

I have seen a few jokes but not anyone making threats though i do not doubt it in these forums,when a soldier deserves what he got being murdered in cold blood while helping another former soldier it crosses over from a discussion to anything goes.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#51    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,563 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 06 February 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

Did you know that Morgan is Irish? He has an English accent and a Welsh surname (fake), but he has roots in Eire. Ireland shares the USA's history when it comes to expelling monarchist troops. One would think that Morgan would sound less like King George III with that kind of background.
Interesting tidbits but until 2 months ago I've never heard of the guy.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 06 February 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yes shoot anyone who disagrees with you..  You all should get guns in case you are in an argument, that should make your rights to own guns look better... Bring back the days of the old west...

Seriously, I believe you all should own a right to keep your arms and not ever loose your rights  ( said it a dozen times ) But shooting people who do not agree with you, is not the smart way to go about it.. You are only giving the anti gunners more ammo  ( pardon the pun )  to use against the gun owners...  If you were serious in what you said, then it doesn't look good,  if you weren't serious, then you may see were I am coming from

Whoa! Pump your brakes. You ma'am always gripe on people about misconstruing your words. I guess you really don't know me but seriously, do you think I was actually advocating something so stupid.

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

That goes for you too if you're referring to me. Though I expect it from you, c'mon... Guess that's the curse of conversing in text, everything is taken as so literal.

Thanks ANDTHEN! Thought I was dealing with mostly intelligent people here. Guess that's not very intelligent of me to think.

Posted Image

#52    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,138 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't personally believe that Mr Fess was being serious for a second, with his "Ted should of drew his gun!" comment. Looks like humor to me.

Obviously - If anyone does ever see anybody directly threaten anyone on here, then please hit the report button to make the moderation team aware of it. We'd rather have multiple reports of the same incident than none at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

#53    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,563 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostTiggs, on 06 February 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

I don't personally believe that Mr Fess was being serious for a second, with his "Ted should of drew his gun!" comment. Looks like humor to me.

Obviously - If anyone does ever see anybody directly threaten anyone on here, then please hit the report button to make the moderation team aware of it. We'd rather have multiple reports of the same incident than none at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]
Coming from you, I'm humbled. Thanks. And I'll give kudos to you and the moderator staff too. I've had to report at least two threats that I can remember. One on a thread and one in a PM. They were both handled swiftly and accordingly.

Posted Image

#54    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

having Ted talk about anything is an insult to stupid people. A stone has more brains.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#55    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 06 February 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Whoa! Pump your brakes. You ma'am always gripe on people about misconstruing your words. I guess you really don't know me but seriously, do you think I was actually advocating something so stupid.

From my post, I clearly wrote....

If you were serious in what you said, then it doesn't look good, if you weren't serious, then you may see were I am coming from     

I added that into the same post you read. That post above, clearly shows I don't know you well enough to know if you were or were not serious. I was hoping you weren't serious, and see exactly where I was coming from....  I am sorry for acting confused, I didn't know ..I will know in future if you say anything like that again, I'll take it as your humour...   It takes a while to get to know you all on here, and how you all post..  I hope you can understand that...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 07 February 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#56    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,563 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

From my post, I clearly wrote....

I added that into the same post you read. That post above, clearly shows I don't know you well enough to know if you were or were not serious. I was hoping you weren't serious, and see exactly where I was coming from....  I am sorry for acting confused, I didn't know ..I will know in future if you say anything like that again, I'll take it as your humour...   It takes a while to get to know you all on here, and how you all post..  I hope you can understand that...

It's all good. I figured we spoke enough already that you shouldn't wonder what angle I was coming from but I know it is hard to decipher personalties without faces, voices and body language.

Posted Image

#57    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 07 February 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's all good. I figured we spoke enough already that you shouldn't wonder what angle I was coming from but I know it is hard to decipher personalties without faces, voices and body language.

This is one reason i try stress try not to argue with people over the net,cannot look someone in the eyes,cannot hear their tone of voice,and cannot see their reaction.Causes lots of confusion

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#58    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

That is from your link.

And an assault rifle, at least according to its inventors, is an automatic loading gas operated rifle (See Gewehr 44, also known as Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle). The Bushmaster sure fits that description. Calling a donkey horse does not change its nature.

Aren't most semi-automatics gas operated and auto loading? Are they all "assualt weapons" (since many are pistols) now? I thought they had to be capable of selecting full auto to be assualt rifles.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#59    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostBama13, on 07 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Aren't most semi-automatics gas operated and auto loading? Are they all "assualt weapons" (since many are pistols) now? I thought they had to be capable of selecting full auto to be assualt rifles.
No, most automatics before the invention of the Gewehrr 44 were recoil loading.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#60    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 February 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

No, most automatics before the invention of the Gewehrr 44 were recoil loading.

Thanks for the info.

The M1 Garand is gas operated. So this an "assult weapon"?
The Maxim Machine Gun is recoil operated. So this not an "assult weapon"?
Which would you rather your fellow citizens have?
Seems a recoil operated weapon will shoot about as fast as a gas operated one.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users